Prices

I almost hate to say it, but my June 8 2015 Alaska cruise pricing came in pretty close to where I thought it would be...but I don't know how these rates compared to last year's "day 2" pricing. Cat 6A cabin 1) 2A $4873.74 cabin 2) 2A1K $5959.61 total $10833.35

I am on this same cruise. We are in a 5c and last years starting price $2450/person is just a little under what we paid $2506/person (before discount)for the first 2 people. We got the 5c for 2a/2k for $6635 with our OBB discount. Much less than I thought based on the spring cruise increases.

To do the exact same 7n Caribbean in August 2015 that we did in August 2012 (2A1K) will cost us $2000 more ($4K to $6). That's just nuts.

After getting over the "sticker shock" from this morning's price increases over last year I am sorry to say that our cruise to Alaska this summer on the Wonder will be our last with Disney until their prices come back to earth.

I don't blame them because they can of course charge as much as people will pay. Not sure what the ceiling is for the majority, but the increases went way past my ceiling this year!

It's been a nice ride on Disney and my family and I have enjoyed each and every moment of our 4 cruises with them. But after getting off the phone with Disney this morning my TA is working on booking us on Royal's Oasis next summer.

Goodbye Disney....

The Carribean 7 days are $2000 more than I budgeted for. I ended up on a 5 night double dip because that fit my budget. I will not be booking on board any longer because of the OBB changes, so this is likely my last Disney cruise.

I'm so thankful for all of you that are Sailing in Cat 4 and higher - Those prices really seemed to have gone up a lot (percentage and actual dollars :scared1: ) Maybe even the Cat 5 rooms are going for much more than they used to.

My Cat 9 rooms are a downright steal compared to what you all are paying!!

Please keep booking those rooms at outrageous prices - so DCL doesn't have to "Trickle Down" the huge rate increases to my room.

Alaska doesn't seem too bad. I had a 2013, then 2014 booked that kept getting moved. my 2015 (which i will sail come hell or high water) was actually $200 less than the 2014 and about the same as the 2013.

You know, maybe the "Huge Price Increases" are primarily on the Dream and Fantasy :confused3

Here on the DIS there have been so many "Will I be Disappointed in the Magic or Wonder..." type threads that there is an overall general impression (mistaken) that "New is ALWAYS BETTER" and that the Magic / Wonder are old, tired, rundown rust heaps.

So maybe on the Magic and Wonder the price increases are in line with inflation / normal cost of doing business, but the new ships are experiencing higher demand, therefor higher rate increases.

Just a Though.

You know, maybe the "Huge Price Increases" are primarily on the Dream and Fantasy :confused3

Here on the DIS there have been so many "Will I be Disappointed in the Magic or Wonder..." type threads that there is an overall general impression (mistaken) that "New is ALWAYS BETTER" and that the Magic / Wonder are old, tired, rundown rust heaps.

So maybe on the Magic and Wonder the price increases are in line with inflation / normal cost of doing business, but the new ships are experiencing higher demand, therefor higher rate increases.

Just a Though.

I tend to agree with you. The prices for the Dream and Fantasy are over inflated whereas the Wonder/Magic seem to be more in line with "normal" pricing for DCL. I can go to Alaska for less than I can sail the Caribbean (before airfare) and the 5 night double dips costs $2000 more than they did when we took one in 2012. We sail in a month on the Magic and I will probably do an OBB for the Fantasy even though it is overly priced but as to whether I keep it or sail RCI next summer, I don't know.

We only booked our first cruise about 3 months out for the Dream and the price was only about $125 difference from the prices they just released for next year at this time. I was really hoping for a bigger savings to book early for next year. Now there is no incentive so we will hold out and just see who offers what.

Has anyone sailed RC Freedom of the Seas? It sails out of the same port so we might give them a try. Granted if we do the Dream will be the only ship we will be able to compare it to.

To do the exact same 7n Caribbean in August 2015 that we did in August 2012 (2A1K) will cost us $2000 more ($4K to $6). That's just nuts.

The prices have gone up considerably in the past few years. We took our first cruise in Nov 2011 on a 7 night magic for a family of four was like 2600. We just paid 2800 for our march 4 night on the Dream ( which I thought was high but that cruise actually went up to 5500 the closer it got to sell out date):confused3 and 7 nights on the Magic for nov 2014 are in the 5000 range which is DOUBLE what I paid and the Fantasy is 8000 which is triple. That is VERY high inflation for only 3 years....:faint:

We love Disney and have cruised alot the past 3 years but that is because I was staying at home and dh can take off whenever so we could always book cheaper times. However, I go back to teaching this year and any time kids are off is WAY higher. We booked Alaska 2015 but that will probably be our last Disney cruise =(

If fall 2015 7-night Caribbean sailings are also $2000 more than last year, then that will be end of DCL for us as well. :(

I checked my pricing for my 4-night Dream this year versus a 4-night Dream in 2015. We are booked on the 20JUL14 Dream which is the normal 4 day itinerary. The 4-night Dream next July (had to price out the 15JUL15 as the other cruises that month are 5 day cruises) has a slight difference with the itinerary being a double dip with no sea day.

Bottom line is that the difference (2A in an 11B) is almost $500 or over 21% increase). The 2014 pricing is not even opening day pricing.

We are avid disney vacation fans. Going to parks at least two trips per year. Last year was our first cruise on the dream and we loved it.
Had plans of making it an annual tradition until we saw the huge price increases for next year. Other ships are sailing at 1/2 of this price. We will be booking something else. Our personal economy has not received those types of Income increases

I love DCL so much. I have cruised other lines and they just aren't the same. I guess I am just going to have to change the way I do things, I.e. Be smarter when booking. Has anybody had luck with last minute deals?

I booked the 9 night Alaska VGT 2 people for $4000. The least expensive room for a verandah booking opening day was $4500 and that was with OBB. The Fantasy last year Oct was 2k for 2 people VGT. I still don't have a room assigned for May Alaska, but I will have paid $500 less even if I end up with a 7A.

There are deals if you are flexible. That being said, I booked opening day prices for 2015.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter