Prices

DisneySisters

Mouseketeer
Is anyone else noticing big price increases? The cruise I booked yesterday (So Cal) was about 33% more than the one I booked last year. It looks like the Florida cruise is much higher too than last year. Anybody?

Is anyone else noticing big price increases? The cruise I booked yesterday (So Cal) was about 33% more than the one I booked last year. It looks like the Florida cruise is much higher too than last year. Anybody?

Yes, prices are much higher this year but if you checked when spring prices were released, you kind of knew it was coming. It is really disappointing. :sad1:

Nope... They'll keep raising the prices as long as people keep cruising... DCL has been attracting more and more attention and hence selling more.

Yes and I am going to go ahead and move my current cruise to May, 2015 even with the higher price. But, I am going to start researching alternative options (RCL) and this price increase is probably enough to make me try the other line. Chances are good that in the next few months, I will have something else planned and this one canceled. I hate to stop cruising DCL, but my kids are getting older and I think we will be almost as happy on the other lines and not able to justify the price differences.

European prices yesterday were cheaper than I paid for my previous trips...

Caribbean and Bahamian cruises during summer will always cost a ton via DCL.

DCL pricing has increased considerably year-over-year for the past few years. They'll keep doing it as long as passengers continue to pay. But many of us are feeling the pinch and likely will not cruise again for a while.

Yes, prices are much higher this year but if you checked when spring prices were released, you kind of knew it was coming. It is really disappointing. :sad1:

I agree. Not sure why so many are surprised by this after the first round of 2015 cruises were released, especially since the majority of the dates this time are prime cruising time with higher rates than the beginning of the year.

I noticed! August 23, 2014-Cat V-4 adults/1 child = $7193
August 22, 2015 - Cat V- 4 adults/1 child=$13,593

Crazy- I did not book it. We are going to jump on Quantum of the Seas out of NJ.

DCL pricing has increased considerably year-over-year for the past few years. They'll keep doing it as long as passengers continue to pay. But many of us are feeling the pinch and likely will not cruise again for a while.

It's classic supply and demand.

Based on the fevered booking for Northern Europe, there is high demand and little supply so prices skyrocket. The Med prices are interesting as it seems there is less demand this year for it.

It is clearly in Disney's best interest to not expand their fleet any more. The low prices you see for other lines are partially a result of a much more available supply of staterooms and, in some cases, a less 'all inclusive' experience.

I almost hate to say it, but my June 8 2015 Alaska cruise pricing came in pretty close to where I thought it would be...but I don't know how these rates compared to last year's "day 2" pricing.

Cat 6A
cabin 1) 2A $4873.74
cabin 2) 2A1K $5959.61

total $10833.35

It's classic supply and demand.

Based on the fevered booking for Northern Europe, there is high demand and little supply so prices skyrocket. The Med prices are interesting as it seems there is less demand this year for it.

It is clearly in Disney's best interest to not expand their fleet any more. The low prices you see for other lines are partially a result of a much more available supply of staterooms and, in some cases, a less 'all inclusive' experience.

It will be interesting to see if they sell at the price they are asking. I have seen more and more GT rates over the last year or so. Even Christmas week GT rates were being offered. At some point I think are going to out price a lot of people.

It will be interesting to see if they sell at the price they are asking. I have seen more and more GT rates over the last year or so. Even Christmas week GT rates were being offered. At some point I think are going to out price a lot of people.

Like airlines, they don't really need to sell out the entire ship to make a profit. They need a good number of folks paying the premium prices to profit off a sailing...

So, they raise the prices, people still pay and, sure, maybe they have more GTY rates but that is just probably padding the profit for a sailing...

I love DCL so much. I have cruised other lines and they just aren't the same. I guess I am just going to have to change the way I do things, I.e. Be smarter when booking. Has anybody had luck with last minute deals?

I love DCL so much. I have cruised other lines and they just aren't the same. I guess I am just going to have to change the way I do things, I.e. Be smarter when booking. Has anybody had luck with last minute deals?

We sailed a few on RCCL on the Oasis and Allure but they just never did it for us.

In addition, we have made so many Cast Member friends on board the Magic that we love seeing them year after year...

We've done six DCL cruises and have twice sailed kids sail free - once the Mexican Riviera from LA and the other a Western Carib. from Galveston. Both ports that didn't seem as popular or lucrative for DCL, hence the deals. On our 2010 EBTA we didn't get a KSF (I don't think so, anyway) but the price did drop between the time we booked and paid in full. So there are deals and good prices to be had, depending on the itinerary, port, and time of year.

Yeah, we love DCL as well with over 15 sailings but I can't justify paying approx. $5000 more than last year. We've sailed Royal Caribbean and had a great time. Its not DCL and we notice the differences but they aren't worth $5000 to me.

I booked two off season cruises for 2015 for just DH and I so I will get my fix but when I book for the group, I will be looking at alternatives.

Yeah I have. We just got sailed on the Fantasy in January. We paid 4359 for 2 adults and 2 kids VGT rate. I have done a couple of 4 night cruises in September for less than 2k for my family of four. They had some really good rates last Fall. We could have sailed on the Fantasy in Oct for around 3300 on a VGT rate. The best deals are usually in the Fall and early Winter. I could afford to pay 10k for a Summer cruise but I would never do it. I don't have that kind of love for Disney.

Using cruisefish, it appears that our June 22 Alaska rates are up about 10% from opening day last year.

Compared to NCL the same week, DCL is about $2K more ($8K vs $6k) for comparable room and itinerary. NCL is r/r Seattle and dcl is r/t Vancouver. Both have same ports.

Difference drops to $1500 with OBB, so we are going DIsney.

We love Disney too, but the Opportunity Cost of a spring/summer cruise is too high for us. Fortunately we are able to cruise in the Fall, when prices are cheaper.

Right now we have the EBTA booked, but that came in a bit higher than I expected, so I doubt we'll keep that. I wonder how many book in the excitement of new itinerary releases and then have buyer's remorse before final payment is due and then cancel/reschedule?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter