• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Prices for October...What do you think?

JayneL

Mouseketeer
We've decided to go in october for 2 weeks :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

We are still checking out DIY and package.

The prices I have so far are
Flights 2 adults 2 teenagers £1779.60 flying via charlotte with united airlines.
Villas are a plenty but the ones we are looking at are around splendid china, 3 or 4 bedroom with pool from £1000 for 2 weeks.

What do you think?

Bit of controversy here.... we are taking the 2 boys out of school for 6 days before half term. DS 15 will be in year 11 and doing GCSE's in June 2005. I had parents evening tonight and spoke to his teachers about taking the time off and they were all happy for him to be away and said he would have no problems catching anything up he missed. (I am blessed with very inteligent children) but the head may not be so keen, so was told (off the record) that even if he turned down my request to go anyway it would do the children good to have a holiday!! So we are going to go for it.
Down to some serious internet time now.

Any hints to find a bargain gratefully received.

:jester:

Jayne

Hi Jayne - long time no see! :wave2:

I'm afraid I don't have a clue as to whether or not that's a good price for the flights - it's certainly less than we've paid in the past in October - but just wanted to say, "Hello, and enjoy your planning!" :p

Jayne that doesnt sound like a bad price to me!

I think you can get a villa cheaper than the one youve quoted, so Pm me if you want further details.

Nice to see you back mate!:D

Jules

I don't know when half time is but if it's any use to you I found flights to Tampa from Gatwick with a stop at Atlanta for £199 inc tax with Delta seems to be valid when leaving between 28 sept- 13 oct on expedia.

Zoe

Hi there!

Ive no idea on whether the prices you've been quoted are good or bad! We are travelling this October too and booked the lot through Virgin!!

We fly out on the 10th (Sunday) and arrive back in the UK on 27th (Wednesday) so we have to take our kids out of school for two weeks prior to the half term, so the kids have four full days left off before returning to school on Monday 1st Nov.

Mine are younger than yours, my son will be in Year 6 and have his SATS to do in May 05 and although the SATS arent as important as the GCSES I cant see a problem with taking them out of school at practically the start of the school year.

I havent broached the subject yet with my kids' school. Im waiting for the new term in September and will just fill in a holiday request form and hope for the best. Im getting married in Orlando so whether the school like it or not, we're going!!!

Good luck with the planning!

Lorraine :Pinkbounc

We've paid £1400 for direct flights into Tampa and out of MCO with BA, for 2 adults and 2 child seats (one for an infant). We did book early though (before release), this is also incorporating half term.

hth

Thanks for the replys

Zoe
tried for the £199 flights into tampa but there didn't seem to be any perhaps there only a few at that price and they have all gone. The only ones I could fine were the same price as going into MCO.

I've found flights for all 4 of us and car hire with AVIS for £1968.33.

We usually use dollar. Is Avis ok?!? Any good or bad experiences?

Debbie and Jules PM's sent. Thanks

Jayne:bounce:

Hi

My sister and I have paid £5450 for our respective families for 2 weeks in October including half term, with 2 cars including all insurance, tax and airport taxes etc.. flying with BA. This works out at £2725 per family. We have a 4 bedroom villa in Davenport, which I believe is quite close to Disney, with a pool.

We were pleased with the price we did shop around and did particularly want to fly with BA non stop to Orlando.

As far as taking the children out of school, I am a school governor and probably should set an example and not take my children out of school. My girls will be 9 and 7 by October. However I do not do this on a regular basis, both my girls have not missed a day of school for the last 2 years being luckily very healthy. And my youngest although thrilled to be going to Florida was quite upset when told she would be missing school, which I can only applaud her for ( and the school as she enjoys it so much). I think going to Florida will be an education in itself we have only taken them abroad twice, both times to Spain when they were much younger. We have chosen October because of the weather we didn't want to go in August because it would be too hot. I have yet to mention the holiday to the head but don't forsee any problems.

My youngest wants to take her homework with her - um I don't think so.

My youngest wants to take her homework with her - um I don't think so.
Maybe not such a bad idea if there's something fairly straightforward for her to do, as it could help to fill in half an hour or so on the flight (yes, the flight can be that boring! ;) ) and then she won't have to worry about doing it all when she gets home.

Jayne

Your flight prices are Ok (ish).... your teenagers will probably be regarded as adults so £440 or so each isn't bad.

The villa seems high to me, certainly for 3 bedrooms, not so bad for 4.

You'll always be able to pick up a villa as close to your holiday as you want...........last one we booked was 3 weeks before our November holiday, 4 beds, 4 baths and heated pool for £350 per week....based on Windward cay which is bang on Marker 11 of the 192.

My advice would be get your air tickets sorted ( assuming you're fixed to certain dates ) then leave the villa til later.

If you want details on the villa we used , feel free to PM me.

mike

Those flight prices seem high, esepcially for non direct. I got my Christmas flights with Virgin (via Expedia) for less than that, and thats direct.

Its worth another look around in my opinion. Have you tried Travel City? I know they get a lot of bad press, but thats mainly on thier own airline. They also book BA flights (which Ive used with no problems at all) and they start at £169 return. Another place to try is www.orlandovillas.co.uk as they offer set price Virgin flights that are very good value.

Good luck.
Allie

Thanks Allie

I was hoping to go direct but they are so expensive. I haven't been able to find any cheap ones YET.
Been on orlando villas they dont show my dates but have submitted an enquiry so hopefully they'll come up with something. The prices they did show certainly were cheap though.
Thanks

I got a great deal for Virgin flights in October. www.lateholidays4.co.uk or contact Richard Fenton direct on 01253 590606 or e-mail him on richard.fenton@tarsc.net. he is is really nice guy and will give you lots of advice/prices without any obligation - not at all pushy!
I got 6 ADULT tickets with Virgin for Oct this for £2615
also an 8 seater minivan through him with Holiday Autos for £440 for 2 weeks.

I was happy with these prices

Hope this helps

Gill:sunny:

Hi Jayne :)
I see you've looked at scheduled flights-do take a look at charters as there is usually a (small) discount for under 16s. I got a good deal with TCD. I personally wouldn't book a villa with TCD because they do not confirm the actual villa location at time of booking but I think it would be worth asking them for a quote for the flight and car. They do flight only as well but I think you'd get a better price on the flydrive.

Rachel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter