• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Prices for Jet Blue have gone up!!

cbe2000

Earning My Ears
I have been eyeing the ticket prices for Jet Blue traveling in Apr. On this past Mon. and Tues the prices for the times we wanted were $99 and $144 now they're $119 and $169. Is there a possibility that the prices will go down as we head into 6 mos. before travel? Right now it's 8 mos. before travel. I know that they probably go up but is there a certain trend?

Haven't flown in awhile. Don't know the ins and outs. Any infor would be helpful.

For our August flights, jet blue was showing $159 back in May, $159 in June, $159 when I checked in late June, then dropped to $109 about 5 weeks before travel.

April does have some holiday vacation dates from New England to MCO, easter breaks etc. Low fares could be tough to find if you're flying Sat to Sat during spring break week.

Thanks for the info. I am planning a Sun. to Sun. trip. Just wish I jumped sooner. The total difference now is $200. Jet Blue still has the cheapest prices from what I can tell from looking online. But I'm telling you the $200 more hurts.

Yes, there is a good possibility they will go down. Last August I bought 6 rt tickets for my extended familys December Disney trip. Well, a month before our trip the prices dropped a total of $400!!
I was so mad :furious: , I mean, what's the point of booking early if the prices just go down?
So I called Jetblue and they gave me a $400 credit fo a future trip. So we used it to go to the Bahamas! Also, we booked our Sept. disney trip back in June for me dh and dd (18 monthes) and we did not book a seat for dd. Well, after holding her on our laps for a 5+ hr flight to Vegas last month for my sisters wedding we called Jetblue to get her a seat for Disney. What do you know, the prices had gone down so we were able to get a credit from our tickets and apply it to dd's. So keep checking those prices! :goodvibes

I booked our flights to Disney in April for our upcoming Sept/Oct trip. Originally paid $129 each way from Newark to Orlando. Ticket prices have fluctuated so much, sometimes from day to day. Price has gone up to as much as $189one way!! :crazy: From checking regularly, I currently am paying $79 for our trip down and $99 for our trip home. I have $320 credit so far for a future trip :thumbsup2 The only catch is you have to book a future flight within 1 year to use the credit......don't have to fly within one year , just book it. My sister just moved to Orlando so that will definitely not be a problem for us.

Literally, try and check every day. Our flight down was listed for $79 for only two days last week......I'm glad I caught it!!! :banana: :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Good Luck!!!

*~ellagirlsmama~* said:
Yes, there is a good possibility they will go down. Last August I bought 6 rt tickets for my extended familys December Disney trip. Well, a month before our trip the prices dropped a total of $400!!
I was so mad :furious: , I mean, what's the point of booking early if the prices just go down?
So I called Jetblue and they gave me a $400 credit fo a future trip. So we used it to go to the Bahamas! Also, we booked our Sept. disney trip back in June for me dh and dd (18 monthes) and we did not book a seat for dd. Well, after holding her on our laps for a 5+ hr flight to Vegas last month for my sisters wedding we called Jetblue to get her a seat for Disney. What do you know, the prices had gone down so we were able to get a credit from our tickets and apply it to dd's. So keep checking those prices! :goodvibes

Did jetblue give you a discounted rate for your Under 2 year old daughter?

Thanks!

camlace said:
Did jetblue give you a discounted rate for your Under 2 year old daughter?

Thanks!

No :sad2: I thought that they would, but I guess b/c they are a discount airliner they don't do discounts.

cbe2000 said:
Thanks for the info. I am planning a Sun. to Sun. trip. Just wish I jumped sooner. The total difference now is $200. Jet Blue still has the cheapest prices from what I can tell from looking online. But I'm telling you the $200 more hurts.

Just remember that Sunday flight days are traditionally a little more expensive than other days of the week. I read somewhere on line that Tuesdays are one of the cheapest days to fly. And April is a big month for Spring Break travel, so that may increase the cost.

Also, Jet Blue always runs some sort of fare sale, so keep checking.

Prices could go up minute-to-minute, because many airlines have specific inventories at specific rates on each flight. So as the lowest priced fares are sold, what's left are the higher priced fares, so the fare will seem to increase (when in reality all that has occurred is that the less expensive fares have sold-out.)

JetBlue runs sales for cheap amounts from time to time- you just have to time it. And they only have so many seats available for that price. There is time for the prices to come down.

They do not offer discounted prices - the same price is for everyone. I think it keeps their prices down doing that.

With work I have to submit my vacation request at the begining of the year. So we know far in advance when we will be traveling. We are usually able to get the cheaper tickets on JetBlue.

Another money saving tip, try flying into Tampa. It is only a 90 minute drive and is usually cheaper to fly to.

Booked Jet Blue in May for Nov 06 trip. DH and myself - $434.20 including tax, somewhere around $107 each way pp. A few weeks later it had gone down to $99 each way so called and received $40 credit. Just checked today - same flights are now $$169 & $144 each way for a total of 664.20!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter