Priceline or Hotwire car rental reviews?

jengelbrecht

Mouseketeer
We'll be renting a car while in Florida in September and we're considering using Priceline or Hotwire to get the lowest price.
Has anyone used either one of them? I'd love to hear some feedback, good or bad.

Maybe so. I'm a compulsive planner, however, and wanted to get everything lined up soon. There aren't too many moneysaving codes good through September yet. Perhaps the car rental companies will be releasing codes good through September soon--anyone know?

What is the lowest rate for your dates right now? Just book it as a backup and then watch rates to see if they go down. If close to your trip rates are still high, you can use Priceline then.

Szymon

I agree with the pp about Priceline...do you realize that once your price is met you cannot cancel it AND you have to pay immediately? :sad2:

I just used Priceline to book a one night car rental in my hometown (we needed transportation to the airport the day we leave so this way I don't have to leave my car at the airport for 11 days!). The online prices were outrageous around $45 and up! I offered $25 and my bid was accepted by Avis. It was quick and clean...but it was only for 1 day and the $35 I could afford to pay now. :thumbsup2

I currently have 2 vehicle ressies on hold...one through Thrifty and one through Alamo. The Alamo ressie I booked in late April, but the Thrifty one I booked last week...and it is actually about $10 less than my Alamo price!

I second checking out Mousesavers.com and getting codes and coupons and surfing for a better rate that way...for now. As Sept approaches you can always start giving Priceline a try to see if they pick something up! I have heard of people getting great rates on Priceline, but as I recall it was always much closer to their dates of travel.

Good luck! I think you and I think alike. I want everything in order and done well before my trip and the rental car business is driving me cRaZy! :crazy:

I realize that you are talking about Orlando but I have used Hotwire for a car rental in Maui, Hawaii. We got an excellant rate and a small SUV, which is what I wanted. The rate was about half. I booked it months in advance. It was all as it was suppose to be when we arrived.

I used hotwire for a car rental this past February in Long Beach, CA. I think we paid like $21.00 per day for a midsize. Anyways, our travel plans got delayed and we had to take a later flight. When we arrived at the car rental counter, the guy almost turned us away. He said that he gave our car away, cause we were 6 hours late picking it up. When we told him that we used hotwire, he reluctantly gave us a convertible since it was the only thing left. So I like using hotwire to rent cars, and would definately use them again :thumbsup2

sneetch said:
I used hotwire for a car rental this past February in Long Beach, CA. I think we paid like $21.00 per day for a midsize. Anyways, our travel plans got delayed and we had to take a later flight. When we arrived at the car rental counter, the guy almost turned us away. He said that he gave our car away, cause we were 6 hours late picking it up. When we told him that we used hotwire, he reluctantly gave us a convertible since it was the only thing left. So I like using hotwire to rent cars, and would definately use them again :thumbsup2

Wow! What company were you renting from. Most companies really dont care what time you pick up your car, as the time periods are based on a 24 hour period...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter