priceline hotels

Vinnie C

Earning My Ears
Hi I just wanted to find out if anyone has bid on priceline recently for the resort catagory. How much they bid , and what resorts came up. We are heading down in May and wanted to find out if i should bid now or wait till last minute. what is last minute Thanks ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo ::MinnieMo

Hi, we're going at the begining of April and I bid $40 on a 3 star and got the Grosvenor. I think 3 star was the highest rating it showed at the time.

You can check www.biddingfortravel.com for recent winning bids in the Orlando area. We usually bid way before our trip but I don't know if doing it that way or simply waiting until the trip is closer has any advantage but we don't bid resort, only 3*, 2.5* or 2*. Good luck!

WOW, you got a palace for that Price. there will be a resort fee and possibly a parking fee, but these rooms go for 300 plus night for the convention crowd. When you check in ask them for a room with a great view....never hurts to ask!!!..Ted

I also got Gaylord in May for $85.00. Tons of people getting the same exact price in the next few months.
Fig

Just remember the resort hotels may have resort fees, charge for parking and/or charge for the park shuttles. These charges are not included in your bid and are billed by the hotel when you get there.

Still a great deal but if you're on a budget keep it in mind.

Just so you know, the fees at Gaylord are a $10 per day resort fee, and $7 self-parkng/$14 valet parking. :)

Back in the beginning of October 2003 I bid for my mid Nov. 2003 trip for a day on both sides of my 8 night stay on property. My first resort bid was accepted at around $70 or 72 at the Wyndham DTD(which was a very nice stay as I ended up with a suite). After my 8 days on property, my last night was spent at Hiton DTD and got it around $62. This hotel was nice and clean but had a problem with doors being cut too short at the buttom and plenty of noise/neighbors in hallway. In the end I had bid the resort category about 5 weeks prior to my dates and both bids were within a week of each other.

Thanksgiving time I got the Rennaisance Orlando Resort across from Sea World for $69 a night. There were no resort fees or parking fees. It was a 5-star Resort according to Priceline's system. Very nice. :goodvibes

I placed my bid about a month before my arrival. The $69 price is the resorts 'employee' rate. I don't think you can get any lower than it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter