• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

priceline and hotwire car rental companies

anna2001

Earning My Ears
After reading the great deals everyone appears to be making through hotwire/and priceline I've decided to take a step of faith in NOT knowing exactly what I am getting....but it would be helpful if anyone has an idea which car rental companines are used by pc/hot....I have had should good luck with dollar rental with price/customer service and I just plain like chrysler products...but I am willing to take a chance if someone could enlighten me on companies.

Thanks so much...anna:)

Priceline uses, National, Alamo, Avis and a fourth that I cannot remember. They are listed on Priceline's site.

In May '01 we flew into Ontario, CA for Memorial Week. I used Hotwire for the car rental.
We got a good price no other rental car company would come even close to, from Budget.
Other than the long line, it was very good service. Alamo had the longest line. And no one was at Avis. SO I figured their rates must not have been good. ;)
The only downside I saw with Hotwire was having to pay up front for the car rental. And whether you show up to use the rental or not, you pay for it. So just make sure this isn't a trip you wil be wanting to cancel.

Lewis,
You are absolutely correct, as usual ;). I have a mental block for Hertz, so, that is probably why I did not thnk of them, and I did totally forget about Budget. So, there is 5 not 4, sorry for the misinformation. ;(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter