Priceline Advice Website & Veterans advice please !!

Beejayjay

Do unto others as they would do unto you... then r
Can someone tell me the name of the website I´ve seen mentioned here, that gives advice on how to bid on Priceline ? I just cant recall the name or find the previous thread where I saw it mentioned.

Also, can any Priceline veterans give me any tips on how I might successfully bid on the Swan or Dolphin ?? I know you cant select a specific resort, but equally I´ve read posts from people who say they have bid on and succeeded in getting the exact hotel/resort they wanted.

Thanks in advance.

:jester:

WWW.BIDDINGFORTRAVEL.COM

This website will give you tons of info on bidding.

Swan and Dolphin hotels are considered resorts, so when you bid, ask for 4 star hotels or better in the WDW vicinity only. Even though it says to pick another area, I never do.

I've been lucky with a $55.00 per night at the Wyndham and $65.00 per night at the Hilton.

Good Luck,

Leah

Hi. I've been successful in getting a particular hotel by watching the list of winning bids at http://www.biddingfortravel.com - I wait to bid until I see a hotel I would like near the dates I want and I bid the same bid amount. Of course there's no guarantee that you will get the same hotel, but I have quite a few times. Good luck; hopefully I havent' confused you!

Thanks for the info guys, sorry it took me so long to get back on this one.

Is there any time limit on how close to your intended stay you can bid on hotels thru Priceline ? I´m looking to book for Oct 6 thru 14, and would love to get somewhere like the Dolphin as a treat for my mum.

Thanks again ! :teeth:

:jester:

You may have to do separate bids because you need so many days. I'm not sure you could get 8 nights in a row if you read up you can find out for sure. Do lots of research and know what your willing to live with before you ever bid that's the key. Be patient it may take several bids. I saw a fellow needing five nights he had to bid his two day during the week together then his weekend nights together. Besure you know what the Dolphin room rates are for that particular night on the main page of bft.com all the way to the very bottom is a thread that can help you find that info.

The Dolphin & Swan don't have any rooms at all from OCT 6th-9th - so you won't end up with them on those nights. If you are willing to move hotels, you could split up your nights into 2 blocks (once you've found some nights for which the Dolphin/Swan have rooms) - then you might end up with the Dolphin/Swan for the nights they have available. But might not...here's what I did:

I bid on Oct 4-6 and Oct 6-9 in 2 separate bids, b/c I knew the Dolphin & Swan were avail for the 1st nights and not the last 3. But I didn't end up with them anyway - I got the Hilton at DD for the first 2, then the Wyndham for the last 3. I am happy with that, considering I am getting the Hilton for $76 for the 1st 2 nights, and the Wyndham for $62 the last 3 nights!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter