Price? Resort Photo Session WITH PhotoPass CD? (UPDATE WITH ANSWERS!)

We are having ours done on Sunday at the WL, the people on the phone were great and it sounds like we won't be rushed in fact it sounds like they have little business. We are booked for the $49 package but they said we can purchase the $99 right there if we liked the photos. We reserved an evening time right before our reservations at WCC. I'll try to find this thread when I get back and post photos.

We just did this a few weeks ago at the AKL. We made the reservation 30 DAYS in advance...we met at 5:30 (right before dinner). I can't remember exact cost but I think it was $79 with our DVC discount?? Anyways, our photographer spent about 30 minutes taking pictures of us inside and outside...he did whatever we asked him to do and had a few ideas of his own. Then we allowed to choose 1 package to have printed....I chose the 10 5x7's. Then every picture he took was put onto CD and handed over to me. I have all the pictures on my computer now and am having a hard time deciding which one or ones to have printed or enlarged.....over 150 pictures were taken and mostly good ones at that! Would definitely do it again.

Can you post some of the pictures?

If any of you are photography experts, when is the best time of day to book a session? I want to do one with my son and husband - my son will be in one - and originally was thinking somewhere around 10am - but now I'm debating. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

We did this in May at the GF and really were happy with the results. Just remember that these are not professional quality photos- meaning out of the 60 or so they take there are probably about 20 or so that are good. The rest have issues with closed eyes, or not looking at the camera or squinting, this is especially true for larger groups. We did not feel rushed at all, although they had lost our reservation and just fit us in. It was nice to have pictures of all of us together and we are using some for our Christmas card this year.

We did it in Nov. at WL our session was at 8:00 AM. Great time of day sun was in just the right position so no squinting and the beach shots the sky looks fabulous.
We booked it the day before we had the session. Didn't know about it until we were there and saw the kiosk in the lobby. WELL WORTH IT!! If you consider how expensive it is at home to just do a session let along the pics and cd. Wouldn't happen where I live with a professional photographer fro less than a couple hundred bucks.
I will try and post pics but can't figure out how to at the moment.

All - there is a permanent sticky on the Resort photo shoots. Go to the Resorts board - at the top there is a subforum - Resort Photos. One of the stickies in that subforum is dedicated to the resort photo shoots w/Photopass.

All - there is a permanent sticky on the Resort photo shoots. Go to the Resorts board - at the top there is a subforum - Resort Photos. One of the stickies in that subforum is dedicated to the resort photo shoots w/Photopass.

You are brilliant. I didn't even see that. Thank you for posting. :goodvibes

p56048-disneyphotoimage15.html
Don't forget to take clothes along that would look good for you family in pics. Since we didn't know about it we scrambled to find outfits that would match for all of us.
p56049-disneyphotoimage43.html

p56048-disneyphotoimage15.html
Don't forget to take clothes along that would look good for you family in pics. Since we didn't know about it we scrambled to find outfits that would match for all of us.
p56049-disneyphotoimage43.html

your picture is not showing up

Sus- very cute pictures :goodvibes

Can you pay for this when you have it done or do you have to pay with a CC when you book over the phone? I'm looking for some ways to spend my Disney Visa Rewards and I think my parents would enjoy receiving some nice photos with the grandchildren.

Also, can you just book the photo package and then decide to upgrade to the CD if you like the photos?

we did this the first time in 2008 at the GF before our meal. Unfortunatly it was during the Tropical Storm in August so we have very very few outside pictures.
However...the pictures we do have are absolutely awesome and some of our absolute favourite family pics and pics of our boys.
It was a FANTASTIC deal then. Since we had already purchased the Photopass cd for $99 it was only $25 more for our session which gave us about 79 pictures in 20 minutes.
This time i've spent $125 (or will) for a 40 minute session as previously mentioned gives us a disc separate from our Photopass disc (which i bought the combo disc/book for $150). The options i was given on the phone were $100 for a 20 minute session for $125 for a 40 minute session. no brainer..
Our session, next month, will be at the WL where we are staying.

I should add my wife balked at the cost, even when i remind her how much we spend at the Picture People...

Sus, those pics are great. I have seen some from the Poly so it was great to see some from my rival choice of resort :lmao:.

Does anyone know what would be a good time of day in early to mid October? I have no idea what time the sun sets at that time of the year as we have never been in the fall before.

You tell them what package you want over the phone. When you arrive they confirm which package you want and give you a card to take into the store and purchase. You come back with your receipt and get started. You could definately change your mind or pay with your rewards card.

Thanks. We were pleased with them.
In fact to answer some of your questions, we only paid the $50 up front for session and the prints, then after we saw the proofs we paid the other 50 to get the cd. So they are really flexible. You can use rewards card, gift card or whatever. We used our disney visa and you receive like 10 or 15% off for using that. Well worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter