Price of Diesel, Gas and Propane at WDW

Discussion in 'Camping at Disney World' started by KPSmithSr, Dec 21, 2008.

1. KPSmithSr

KPSmithSr Mouseketeer

Has anyone thought about having a sticky following the price of Diesel, Gas and Propane at WDW? Might be nice to know since I hear (and have seen) it to be as cheap or cheaper than other places around. I can make it from then back to the Flying J in Lake Park GA if I fill a 5-gallon plastic tank. Would be nice to know if it is worth it or not. Maybe not worth it but just a thought.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. LONE-STAR

LONE-STAR <font color=green>1000 miles to far from Disney<br

On the community board there is a thread where everybody post the price of fuel in there area. That being said we just filled a 30 lb propane tank at FW it was about 20 bucks. Cheaper then I can get it filled here.

4. KPSmithSr

KPSmithSr Mouseketeer

I had heard propane was priced well at FW and also diesle is not bad either. Like I said, may not be worth it, just a thought.

5. AuburnJen92

AuburnJen92 DIS Veteran

diesel is about 2.45 here, so you can take about 5-10 cents off of that and you have orlando prices

6. bigdisneydaddy

bigdisneydaddy <Font color=purple>wife, kids, camper, beer, ticke

The Hess at WDW is consistantly the cheapest between GA and WDW. I typically fill at the Hess in GA at about mm 12, then fill at WDW. Hopefully next year I will have my auxiliary tank and only have to fill once on the way down.

7. ntsammy5

ntsammy5 DIS Veteran

The biggest problem with the Hess near BWI is that it's there and I'm not.

8. bigdisneydaddy

bigdisneydaddy <Font color=purple>wife, kids, camper, beer, ticke

The one near the car care center and the speedway was the only one that carried diesel the last time I was there, I would not want to try and get my truck and trailer through the one near Boardwalk.....

9. BradyBz12

BradyBz12 1340.63 miles too far from the Fort

All 3 Hess (DTD, near MK and BW) were consistently low the 3 weeks we were there. Prices actually fell from $1.82 when we got there to $1.61 when we left last Friday.

Edit---That was for regular. If I remember right, diesel was about $2.49

10. Jennifer823

Jennifer823 DIS Veteran

I'm not sure about diesel and propane, but we just left the fort this morning :( and gas at the Hess Station right in WDW near the fort was $1.61 today.

11. disney4dan

disney4dan DIS Veteran

I also wanted to add that the Hess station at DTD (and probably the others) had free air stations (no quarters needed). Don't know if I would want to pull a trailer in there to fill up, but I did go there the night before we left to fill up the tank and put more air in the tires.

12. stacktester

stacktester DIS Veteran

I always fill up at the CCC Hess too. If possible fill up with just your truck, unless you have a moho or small trailer. They only have Diesel on the right lane (looking at the store). You ever notice, they can have 20 gas pumps at a station and all of em are empty except the person putting gas in their car at the pump that dispenses Diesel? I always love it when they fill up and then go use the bathroom and do all their shopping while leaving the car in your way.

13. LONE-STAR

LONE-STAR <font color=green>1000 miles to far from Disney<br

Oh man don't get me started on gas cars taking the diesel pumps. Me and Wendy both drive diesels and it never fails there is always a little car getting 5 dollars worth of gas at the only diesel pump
    (as stacktester said 20 gas pumps empty at the same time) and why it takes them a half hour I will never know.