Price is Right Perfect Bid article...

Wow.

I watch TPIR all the time. I DVR it and watch it as I make dinner; husband watches it with me as he checks the home email. They STILL do repeat prizes, but not as often. We've also noticed they switch things up. Instead of four Kate Spade bags coming up all the time, they'll do four bags and a wallet. Then, four bags and a scarf.

Still, we are able to guess the amounts some of the time due to repitition. A few times we've hit them correctly (the smaller prizes not the Showcase) but on some games it is just so easy to win. For example, on the Yodely Guy Game, the first prize is usually between 10-20, the next is 20-35, and the last is from 25-40. The mop comes up all the time and that is always $10.

I have yet to be picked on the show, though. I go about once a year in the audience to play catch-up with the family. It takes HOURS for the audience for each taping, so you end up spening a lot of time sitting on benches. It is very tiring and you are just spent by the end of the day. But, it is SO much fun to be in the audience when the show starts up; it is quite the frenzy.

Drew is a great host. I like Bob Barker and all, but in comparing the two hosts (I've been to tapings with both) Drew is so much suited to people my age. He really seems to LIKE the contestants whereas Bob had this aloofness to him. (maybe he's just been knocked down too many times?)

And really? I just want a new bedroom set.

After hearing the stories of these two guys in the article, they really didn't DO anything wrong except be fans of the show. I can't blame Drew for being suspicious, though, considering all of the flack they got when he was the new host. Now, he's got his own range of fans.

That's pretty cool that he was able to do it. And it's not entirely impossible, they had to know it would happen sooner or later. It just happened at a bad point in the show's history.

Wow, that's an interesting story. I remember when it happened and the clip was posted all over the internet. I thought at the time that Drew didn't seem to be happy, he seemed annoyed. It didn't occur to me that everyone thought he had cheated, although that should have been my first thought. But I don't watch TPIR (MIL did, every single day. RIP Lizzie) so I wasn't sure if this was a normal show of enthusiasm by Drew or not.

What a great story, thanks for the link. I had seen the clip of the show and noticed that Drew looked a bit irked, but I never knew the full story.

I hadn't heard about this. I believe that someone could keep track of the often-used prizes. Many times I thought, "they've had this item on so many times, my can't I remember how much it is?" (I have a lousy memory.)

My Mom was a big TPIR fan, but only with Bob Barker. She really didn't like Drew Carey.

Interesting story.

Interesting article.

Have you ever read "Bringing Down the House" by Ben Mezrich?

So those that read the article....do you think he did it as he said, or did the ringer feed him info?

Interesting article.

Have you ever read "Bringing Down the House" by Ben Mezrich?

I haven't! I'll have to check that out :goodvibes

So those that read the article....do you think he did it as he said, or did the ringer feed him info?

I think he did like he said. Really, why lie? I guess he could have lied to save face, but I personally think it was just a crazy coincidence. Especially given that he had a personal connection to the last numbers. I want to see a movie made about this guy now!

I watched this show a lot as a kid and more often than not I was very close on the prize prices because they DID repeat so often. If someone put that much work into learning prices, I don't see that it would be that big of a deal. There have been plenty of people that have been under $200 away on the showcase price and I would bet they did something similar.

I remember seeing one guy, at the tail end of the Barker years, who did the same thing. He got the first bid prize exactly right, got his game exactly right, as well as all the little prizes (I think he had to play Hi-Lo or something similar where you guess the smaller prizes to win the big prize), got into the showcase and won both, missing only by like $50 or something. He admitted to Bob during the wheel spinning that he'd studied like crazy.

I think this guy just did the same thing and got weirdly lucky that he got the last numbers right. It doesn't matter. Like the article said he'd have won both showcases even if he hadn't added the last 3 numbers. Neat article, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter