Price changes?

kangabb

Earning My Ears
Maybe this is a stupid question, but what happens if the price goes down for the cruise we booked? I don't suppose DCL will refund or pricematch?

I would hate to cancel and re-book and risk losing our stateroom as we are located very near friends but when I searched our category has gone down by a few hundred.

We have only paid deposits, not in full.

I would be surprised if the actual cruise went down. Are you looking at the exact same category/# of people/insurance? I know we have had the case where the port fees/taxes have gone down and those are automatically refunded.

We are booked directly through DCL. Just received yesterday a refund of $7.34 out of the blue. No explanation but now all three of our PIF rooms show small refund issued.

On a previous cruise the Military Rate became available before the PIF date. I called Disney directly and they adjusted the rates without having to cancel/rebook and losing our adjacent rooms. (well actually the wife called DCL...I spent two days trying to figure out how to accomplish the switch online as the OP mentioned without losing my rooms. SILLY RABBIT!!!! Pick up the phone)

Maybe this is a stupid question, but what happens if the price goes down for the cruise we booked? I don't suppose DCL will refund or pricematch?

It is rare, but DCL will refund the difference if regular fares decrease. You have to call and request it. This does not apply to any special offers (*GT, etc.).

Just received yesterday a refund of $7.34 out of the blue. No explanation but now all three of our PIF rooms show small refund issued.

This was likely a reduction in port fees/taxes. DCL tends to slightly overestimate and when the actual figures are set they will automatically refund those. We've always received a small credit back to our credit card a few weeks prior to the cruise.

Enjoy your cruises!

Oh you know what I think I forgot to include the airport transfers. I kept all the other details the same but I think that's probably what it was.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter