Price bridging timing and FL resident proof

belias21

DIS Dad's Club Member #717
I reviewed the sticky on tickets and wasn't 100% sure on two things...

We signed a lease on a FL home as of last week and are moving in during the first week in November. We are headed to WDW for Thanksgiving week and have in hand four 5-day MYW passes. I intend to upgrade those passes to FL Resident seasonal passes which should only cost me about $100 more.

Price bridging... I know I need to use the MYW passes at least once to allow the system to adjust them to the current gate price. Given that, we will use them to enter MK on day one. Can I then immediately proceed to the guest relations counter in MK and do the upgrade or do I need to wait until the next day?

FL Resident proof... Pretty sure we won't have time to get our FL licenses by this trip. I should have a utility bill with my name on it, but my wife's won't be on there. I see on Disney's site that a mortgage statement will work but we are renting. I don't see anywhere that a rental agreement (lease) is valid. Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks in advance!

We signed a lease on a FL home as of last week and are moving in during the first week in November. We are headed to WDW for Thanksgiving week and have in hand four 5-day MYW passes. I intend to upgrade those passes to FL Resident seasonal passes which should only cost me about $100 more.

Price bridging... I know I need to use the MYW passes at least once to allow the system to adjust them to the current gate price. Given that, we will use them to enter MK on day one. Can I then immediately proceed to the guest relations counter in MK and do the upgrade or do I need to wait until the next day?

FL Resident proof... Pretty sure we won't have time to get our FL licenses by this trip. I should have a utility bill with my name on it, but my wife's won't be on there. I see on Disney's site that a mortgage statement will work but we are renting. I don't see anywhere that a rental agreement (lease) is valid. Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks in advance!

Do you have a bank account you can change over to that address? I find that to be the item I use most often as we paid cash for our condo and have no mortgage with my husbands name on all of the bills.

Liz

Thanks in advance!
If you go online and make a reservation at the vehicle tag agency nearest your new home, you can walk in, change over your license, and be back out in less than an hour. If you're moving at the beginning of November, that gives you several weeks before your first FL Resident WDW trip. And if you make that reservation NOW, you can probably get it pretty much whenever you want it -- date and time. I've had my license renewed on my way to work, and I had a "destroyed by laundry" license replaced on my lunch hour.

Having that FL license will take away any worries you might have about proper documentation. I mean ... if you have time to do all your bank accounts and such in order to set them up under a Florida address (as suggested in a PP), then you have time to get your license.

:earsboy:

If you go online and make a reservation at the vehicle tag agency nearest your new home, you can walk in, change over your license, and be back out in less than an hour. If you're moving at the beginning of November, that gives you several weeks before your first FL Resident WDW trip. And if you make that reservation NOW, you can probably get it pretty much whenever you want it -- date and time. I've had my license renewed on my way to work, and I had a "destroyed by laundry" license replaced on my lunch hour.

Having that FL license will take away any worries you might have about proper documentation. I mean ... if you have time to do all your bank accounts and such in order to set them up under a Florida address (as suggested in a PP), then you have time to get your license.

And I believe it is required to get a FL license right away if you are a new resident. You only have 30 days to do that and only 10 days to register your car. Registering your car goes much faster if you already have the DL. And FWIW, including waiting time at the 2 different locations (couldnt register car at same pace you get a DL) in total was about an hour to get 2 DL, 3 photo ids and registering 2 vehicles. The cost was over $1k though.

I actually looked at this prior... believe it or not there is only one day with availability on the DMV reservation system prior to our trip. :headache: I snagged it, but was looking for alternatives in case we weren't able to make it.

Glad to hear your experiences have been quick though - I wonder if a walk-in is possible.

I actually looked at this prior... believe it or not there is only one day with availability on the DMV reservation system prior to our trip. :headache: I snagged it, but was looking for alternatives in case we weren't able to make it.

Glad to hear your experiences have been quick though - I wonder if a walk-in is possible.
Walkins are possible, but it's like getting FPs for TSM. You show up really early and get in line. The people with appointments zoom past you, while you wait in the standby line and go in as space allows. I know folks who have had success at mid-afternoon, since most of the "I have to have this done TODAY" people tend to show up first thing in the AM.

Also ... don't underestimate the possibility of a tag agency a little farther away. A 20 min drive might be worth it if it cuts three hours off your "walk-in" wait time.

Depending on the location, walk-ins could be in for a long wait. At the location near my office (Lee Vista Blvd @ Narcoossee Rd), it took 45 minutes to renew my tags and this location does not offer appointments.

Price bridging... I know I need to use the MYW passes at least once to allow the system to adjust them to the current gate price. Given that, we will use them to enter MK on day one.

1- Can I then immediately proceed to the guest relations counter in MK and do the upgrade

2- or do I need to wait until the next day?

1- Yes.
2- Not necessary to wait at all, but you can if you like.

My husband was at the one in Winter Garden last week before it opened and waited three hours before his turn...good luck.

Liz

Traveliz said:
My husband was at the one in Winter Garden last week before it opened and waited three hours before his turn...good luck.

Liz

Should.of come up.to Clermont. :)

I live in FL and I'm pretty sure you only have 10 days to change your Drivers License to the correct address. Not that it really matters. You just may want to try and not get pulled over during that time ;)

I live in FL and I'm pretty sure you only have 10 days to change your Drivers License to the correct address . . ..

1) Correct.
2) Plus, remember to bring your actual Social Security Card, not a copy.
3) Without the SS Card, you CANNOT get a Florida License (since 2010).

I've been reading up. You have 30 days to get your license but only 10 days to get your vehicle registered. But you must have a FL license to get your vehicle registered... :confused3

We've got our appointments made - wish us luck!

I've been reading up. You have 30 days to get your license but only 10 days to get your vehicle registered. But you must have a FL license to get your vehicle registered... :confused3

We've got our appointments made - wish us luck!

We just registered a car in FL and do not have FL Drivers license. We are keeping it at our condo.

Liz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter