Price Bridging Did not work for us = Update on Post #69

We had 6 day Park Hoppers from UT that we upgraded to DVC annual passes at Hollywood Studios guest relations and had no problems bridging the tickets and getting the correct credit. This was done Sept. 12. Hope that you are successful in contacting Disney and getting all this corrected.

We had 6 day Park Hoppers from UT that we upgraded to DVC annual passes at Hollywood Studios guest relations and had no problems bridging the tickets and getting the correct credit. This was done Sept. 12. Hope that you are successful in contacting Disney and getting all this corrected.

Glad to know it went well for you.

Anecdotally, I've often heard that the EP GR location is one that is often less capable, whereas the MK GR location is much more on the ball.

Not anecdotally, this has been my personal experience on more than one occasion, most recently in early September.

DH absolutely doesn't understand that this is policy and is not comfortable going back to try and get it straightened out, so I'm not going to push it.

So, I read all four pages of this thread, trying to figure out what the term "bridging" means...

Many times, I have purchased tickets from Undercover Tourist, and then upgraded them at Disney World, after prices went up, and they applied what the pass would have cost, rather than what I paid UT. Is that what bridging is, or am I missing a bigger concept?

I ask, because my Platinum Annual Pass expires at the end of next month. Can I "bridge" with a UT ticket for a renewal???

Finally, I have to say that I had the most incredible experience with Disney Customer Service last year. Here is what happened: My husband and I bought a regular DW Annual Pass for around $500. Then, we went to Disneyland. Not knowing anything about the Platinum Pass, I bought a 5-day pass for Disneyland for $250.00. Then, I read about the Platinum Pass for $750. So, my husband called, and they said, "no problem - bring your used Disneyland passes and your DW annual pass, and we will upgrade you to the Platinum for whatever difference there is." I was skeptical, but we did so. Not only was there NO QUESTION - they gave us $20 BACK because the Platinum was $10 cheaper each than the combinations of the two tix... We actually went back to Disneyland again, since we now had free entrance... :thumbsup2

I'm sorry that happened to you. It has now happened to us all 3 times we upgraded. Luckily we were able to eat it worked out but it was a hassle.

I'm sorry that happened to you. It has now happened to us all 3 times we upgraded. Luckily we were able to eat it worked out but it was a hassle.

Although I'm ready to just drop this, I have to admit I'm curious as to how you worked it out.

Although I'm ready to just drop this, I have to admit I'm curious as to how you worked it out.

Some of us here have helped many guests get incorrect upgrade transactions rectified over the years.
It's one of the things about which we CAN offer help and advice.

But, when I read that you say it's not worth trying to fix it because your husband doesn't understand that you've been treated unfairly, it makes me depressed.

It's very disappointing to offer help and be, in effect, summarily rejected.

So, if you DO want help, there are several of us here that can offer it.
If you don't want help, I'm at a loss.

Not anecdotally, this has been my personal experience on more than one occasion, most recently in early September.

Amusingly, my personal experience has been the opposite. I've always gotten the correct result at the Epcot guest relations office; and both times they've actually credited me when I upgraded tickets with a higher gate price than the AP (not expected or necessary, but nice)! MK guest relations got it right for me once but wouldn't bridge me another time.

Some of us here have helped many guests get incorrect upgrade transactions rectified over the years.
It's one of the things about which we CAN offer help and advice.

But, when I read that you say it's not worth trying to fix it because your husband doesn't understand that you've been treated unfairly, it makes me depressed.

It's very disappointing to offer help and be, in effect, summarily rejected.

So, if you DO want help, there are several of us here that can offer it.
If you don't want help, I'm at a loss.

I'm sorry, I do appreciate all the advice and helpful suggestions. Dh just doesn't understand when I tell him that this is procedure, not just something that randomly happens.

I appreciate all advice I get and spent months researching this procedure...I do appreciate it. I'm just tired of convincing DH that this is procedure. I will definitely pursue it if we're in a different park and I don't have to drag DH somewhere to just take care of this. OR, I will send letters/e-mails from home.

I'm sorry if I came across as unappreciative,I'm not...I'm just trying to deal with it.

Amusingly, my personal experience has been the opposite. I've always gotten the correct result at the Epcot guest relations office; and both times they've actually credited me when I upgraded tickets with a higher gate price than the AP (not expected or necessary, but nice)! MK guest relations got it right for me once but wouldn't bridge me another time.

Yeah, I guess it's a YMMV thing. Last time the CM at Epcot was telling me how he had so many years of experience...as he messed me up (I ended up back at MK to get it fixed). And at MK they seem to go over and above...at least twice they've given me cash back when my upgrade was less than the bridged up value (definitely pixie dust). And another time I had a crazy situation and they went so far above and beyond I'm still astounded ( won't post details so others don't think it's the norm and demand it). Honestly, that photo of Walt smiling on the wall behind the CM's at MK seems to permeate everything and ensure great service there.

Not just bridging, but at Epcot once they tried to charge me the difference to change an aged-up child's ticket. I did everything right and if I didn't know better it would have cost me.

I'm sorry, I do appreciate all the advice and helpful suggestions. Dh just doesn't understand when I tell him that this is procedure, not just something that randomly happens.

I appreciate all advice I get and spent months researching this procedure...I do appreciate it. I'm just tired of convincing DH that this is procedure. I will definitely pursue it if we're in a different park and I don't have to drag DH somewhere to just take care of this. OR, I will send letters/e-mails from home.

I'm sorry if I came across as unappreciative,I'm not...I'm just trying to deal with it.

I don't think you came off as unappreciative. :)

I don't understand your husband's perspective. Why is he so mad that you are trying to get your money back? It seems like he's making too big of a deal out of it.

Moot point though: why do you need your husband's permission? Can't you just take the tickets and receipt back yourself, or call a CM yourself? :confused3

Moot point though: why do you need your husband's permission? Can't you just take the tickets and receipt back yourself, or call a CM yourself? :confused3
She doesn't need her DH's permission nor is she asking for it. He doesn't understand how it should work and thinks it's silly that she wants to take time out of their family vacation to fix things. When one spouse thinks that the other spouse is doing something silly, they can become perturbed. No one wants to deal with an eye rolling perturbed spouse while on vacation. If you or your spouse doesn't occasionally get pissy, then you should pat yourselves on the back!

I took her post as an FYI ... that bridging doesn't always work. FTR, I have been able to bridge passes to DVC APs many times with only one little hiccup which was corrected as soon as I pointed out the the price wasn't right. Honestly, I consider "bridging" to be a huge loophole .... a loophole I will gladly use as long as it is in place, but a loophole nonetheless. I won't be surprised when it is finally closed.

Ok something is really going on I am at DHS right now trying to bridge my 6day ph (brought from UT) to AP
First of all the CM thought it was a FL pass starts explaining all the FL passes then after she asked me if I lived in Florida then I asked her how much to upgrade she said $297.34 which I know is incorrect (should be $254.53) so even after I used the ticket they are trying to charge the UT rate and not bridging the ticket correctly. I am on my way to MK and stopping at their GS to see if it can be done properly.

She doesn't need her DH's permission nor is she asking for it. He doesn't understand how it should work and thinks it's silly that she wants to take time out of their family vacation to fix things. When one spouse thinks that the other spouse is doing something silly, they can become perturbed. No one wants to deal with an eye rolling perturbed spouse while on vacation. If you or your spouse doesn't occasionally get pissy, then you should pat yourselves on the back!

I took her post as an FYI ... that bridging doesn't always work. FTR, I have been able to bridge passes to DVC APs many times with only one little hiccup which was corrected as soon as I pointed out the the price wasn't right. Honestly, I consider "bridging" to be a huge loophole .... a loophole I will gladly use as long as it is in place, but a loophole nonetheless. I won't be surprised when it is finally closed.

Thank you for understanding.

OP: My DH WAS the exact same way. He would never want me to make a stink about something like this. As a matter of fact he didn't "know" you could ask for another table at a restaurant if the first was unacceptable. We went out before we were married and sat at a table so tiny we couldn't both read our menus at the same time... near the BATHROOM. Not sure why this table even existed as you could literally see IN the bathroom every time someone went in and out. I asked to be moved and he was MORTIFIED!

I must say he has improved over the years.... even now remembers to ask for AP discount or local resident discount...etc. It was a long learning process!!! :)

Good luck! Hope you can get it fixed!

Thanks Suellen. Wish they had a like button here on the Dis. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter