• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Price adjustment at Target?

MaleficentRN

Orange Bird is my spirit animal.
I see the Little Green Steam Machine will be half of on Black Friday. However, I need it now to clean my house for the holidays. What is the time limit for price adjustments at Target? Thank you!

I see the Little Green Steam Machine will be half of on Black Friday. However, I need it now to clean my house for the holidays. What is the time limit for price adjustments at Target? Thank you!

Not long, it needs to be on sale in the next weeks ad. Also, they don't usually price match for Black Friday prices.

I don't think anyone does a price match for their black friday ads? If they did that, everyone would buy the product before (to guarantee getting it)and just get a price match at a later date.

The only way you'll get the black friday price is to actually purchase the item while it's on sale. If you want to buy ahead of time, I guess you could buy it again on black friday and return it with your old receipt. But you won't be able to get a straight price adjustment.

Target used to do price adjustments, at least as of 2 years ago (didnt try it last year).

We would buy the black friday items we wanted on Monday/Tuesday of BF week. Then, during the sale period (which usually was Fri-Sat) we would go to cust service after the crowds went down (so Friday afternoon or Sat) and they would adjust the price.

We didnt do this for things like TV's, but more along the lines of movies/games.

Target used to do price adjustments, at least as of 2 years ago (didnt try it last year).

We would buy the black friday items we wanted on Monday/Tuesday of BF week. Then, during the sale period (which usually was Fri-Sat) we would go to cust service after the crowds went down (so Friday afternoon or Sat) and they would adjust the price.

We didnt do this for things like TV's, but more along the lines of movies/games.

Yes, that has most certainly been stopped!

Target will not price match the BF ad anymore

Our local store still matched prices last year. I purchased a few items earlier in week, then on BF I went in and got a price adjustment. No problems and no questions asked.

Even if it's only a few days, it won't help me. I really need to get my sofas cleaned next week. Thanks, everyone!

It's 7 days for price adjustments, but when I worked there (about 15 years ago) we did not match the BF ads, if you really want to know just go to your store and ask.

The only way you'll get the black friday price is to actually purchase the item while it's on sale. If you want to buy ahead of time, I guess you could buy it again on black friday and return it with your old receipt. But you won't be able to get a straight price adjustment.
This is the way to do it!

This is the way to do it!

really? Buy something use it and then return it to get the lower price? Things like that only add to the cost of doing business to retailers and in the end those costs are passed along to the consumer.

really? Buy something use it and then return it to get the lower price? Things like that only add to the cost of doing business to retailers and in the end those costs are passed along to the consumer.
Return the unused item. That way everyone is still whole, and you actually made a purchase in the applicable time period.

She's not saying to return the used product. She's saying buy the product at the price now...Use it at home. Go on Black Friday and buy another product and then go back and return the product with the first receipt showing the higher price. This way she gets it earlier and ends up with the best price.

No one is returning a used item. You buy new at the lower price and return that new item with your old receipt.

I did NOT say to return a used item.
Get your facts straight before posting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No one is returning a used item. You buy new at the lower price and return that new item with your old receipt.

problem is sometimes they bring in products with different UPC codes for big events like Black Friday. So the computer could catch you returning the "wrong" thing with the receipt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter