Preventing blisters?

Several posters mentioned Body Glide. What is it, and where do you get it?

If you don't want to buy Body Glide online and can't find it at your local regular large scale sporting goods stores (our Academy used to carry it, but they don't any more), I have had really good luck finding it at specialty stores for runners. I have also heard that most bicycle stores sell it too.

We go in December so we don't do sandals either, but I had an idea I wondered if anyone had tried. I, too, had blisters on my toes where they rubbed each other, not the shoe. I wondered if getting a bunch of toe socks next time would work so that the toes don't rub each other.

What do y'all think?:confused3

Try better shoes. If you live near a running store, try that. Not A big box sporting goods store, not the kind of store that's at the mall - a smaller store specifically for runners. Wear runner's socks and a good running shoe that is designed for how you specifically walk and the shape of your foot.

I swear by Body Glide :thumbsup2 Hint: if you bring moleskin, remember to bring some small scissors so you can cut it to size :banana: Just don't take the scissors on your carry on :eek:

Every year, when we go to Disney, I end up with blisters on a couple of my toes. Same toes, every time. It doesn't happen when I exercise at home, only at Disney, due to the extent of the walking. I wear my running sneakers with cotton socks. Sandals would destroy me. Crocs are not my style. I'm thinking it must be the way that I walk that causes this, since they show up in the same place every Disney trip after about three days.

Any tips to prevent it?

Has anyone tried Blister Block or Blister Band-Aids? Is there any type of moleskin made for the bottom of toes?

Thanks!

Blister Block is the best thing that's ever happened to my feet. LOL. My first trip in 05 my feet were a mess. But now that I use the Blister Block I no longer have any problems. I'm so afraid that they will stop making it... I'm stocking up on it. I think I have 8 or more as we speak. LOL. I always get a couple extra before each trip.

Nancy

Confess I did not read all of the previous posts. That being said...

We went last month so it was in the 70s and not hot. The only person in our family who got a blister was my husband. I'm not a brand snob but the rest of us had gotten New Balance tennis shoes and broken them in well.

I read it's the moisture that promotes blisters, so we sprayed our feet with unscented deoderant before we put on socks. And our socks were new, cushiony, and ones that advertised wicking away moisture.

The special blister BandAid worked decent for my husband's blister. The rest of us were fine and we went full speed all 7 days without boo-boos.

I had the exact same problem, after suffering for 5 trips, I finally did this and it worked: NON Cotton socks, I like Danskin from Wal-Mart and gobs, I mean gobs of A&D ointment, the clear, amber colored stuff. I also use a stick deo on my feet first, then coat my toes with the A&D, put on the socks, reaply later in the day, take a small container filled with it with me just in case, has worked great the last 2 trips, hope this helps!

P.S. It is messy, but so worth it!

Is it called moleskin? Is that the brand name or is it something else cause I can't find it..I looked last March....:confused3

Make sure you're looking in the Foot Care Department (near the shoe inserts) and not in the First Aid Department (near the Band-Aids).

put some gold bond powder directly on your feet and all between your toes and sprinkle a little bit more inside your sock and shake it around . That should about do it .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter