Pretty Disappoointed with Tour Guide Mike

Most of all I learned, I learned from all of you here on this forum. So if TGM and the fee I paid allows the forum to continue...it was well worth the price.

Oh and by the way...YOUR WELCOME!

Never checked it out. I LOVE the planning process and honestly think no one does it better than me!!! LOL. I have never stood in a line longer than 10 minutes, never missed a ride due to crowds, have always had a great time. BUT, there are others who just aren't planners. I say...go to it TGM. Make money off of those who can't do it themselves. I am all for free enterprise!!

:thumbsup2 Have to go along with the TGMike fans on this one. Signed up about 2 mos. ago and already have gotten:

-really good touring plans for all 4 parks-no offense to any unofficial guide users but I think his are better
-really good touring plans for MVMCP
-good suggestions how to get a Princess Character Breakfast if you want one
-his personal input on all the attractions and restaurants
-nice forums...
and still exploring the site...I definately feel I'm getting my twenty dollars worth-between his site, this site, the Passporter guide and the official Birnbaum guide (mostly for the photos and sentimental value, I don't feel the need for any other guides/sites....)

This being said I do agree the site is a little confusing at first and you do have to put a little time into understanding it but you're buying access to a website-I'd almost equate it to an on line guide book-he does personalized tours for people if you're willing to pay $$$ for his tour guide services-I look at his website as a tool to help you plan your own tour... :surfweb: and for those of us who think that planning is half the fun :cool1: it is a great deal!

I purchased TGM yesterday and am disappointed. I did ask for my money back (nicely!) and hope to hear from them on Monday.

I used RideMax in December for Disneyland and found it to be very helpful and easy to use. I looked at it today and was delighted ot learn that they now offer RideMax for Disney World. My only disappointment so far :wave: is that they do not include the EMH hours in the touring plan.

The color coded day planner was extremely helpful on our two week trip ( got back yesterday :guilty: ) We only attended the days that were green and had almost no trouble with crowds. It is worth it. We also met Mike twice while on the trip. He is an incredibly nice man! Love him! :cool1:

Haveamagicalday! said:
The color coded day planner was extremely helpful on our two week trip ( got back yesterday :guilty: ) We only attended the days that were green and had almost no trouble with crowds. It is worth it. We also met Mike twice while on the trip. He is an incredibly nice man! Love him! :cool1:

*swoon* you met MIKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! :love:

hehehe calm down, its just i always had a crush on Doogie Howard...he reminds me of him :blush:

my best suggestion is the touring plans website and you can buy an account for 6 dollars and it takes data from past years and tells you which parks are good for each day and also says which parks to avoid that day.it really helps our vacation
good luck
:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Well, I'm freakin' out. Tour Guide Mike still hasn't posted his second half of December best days charts and my 180 day ADR window started yesterday.

This really throws my Christmas plans for a loop. I'm just going to use the Unofficial Guide days and touring plans that others in this thread have recommended. They seem to have their act together.

I'm e-mailing TGM for a refund. :furious: :sad2: :rolleyes2

SueGreen said:
Well, I'm freakin' out. Tour Guide Mike still hasn't posted his second half of December best days charts and my 180 day ADR window started yesterday.

This really throws my Christmas plans for a loop. I'm just going to use the Unofficial Guide days and touring plans that others in this thread have recommended. They seem to have their act together.

I'm e-mailing TGM for a refund. :furious: :sad2: :rolleyes2

I dont know what your talking about...i'm looking at them right now. You must have a problem updating his site. You need to address this in the forums. You really should have done this long ago, its probably been up for quite some time. I have the dates mid Dec thru Jan1 up on best parks.

Another person disappointed in TGM here. Thought the site convoluted, with many broken links. When I complained about this to "the man, himself", he got pretty pissy with me, and gave me a refund with some pretty choice words of how attacked he felt. But, at least he gave the refund.

To the poster who used TGM for one day and then asked for a refund, how could you even begin to navigate the site and get the most out of it in one day?

I've been using it since April and each time it gets more user friendly, plus I have more time to look at the info each time and can break it down into "order of importance" for organizing our trip. I printed off a bunch of articles to take my time reading in the past three months, which helped a lot. I also printed out all of the park opening and closing times, along with his best/worst days so that I could map out our day by day schedule and recheck it. Now that all our planning is done, I check the forums for updates and post questions, as well as check the site for questions. Completely do-able and easy, now that I have taken some time and patience for it. I wouldn't recommend signing up for it unless you trip is at least a few months away, especially if you get easily frustrated and are not web-site saavy. The proof will come when we go to WDW next week and see if what I used from his site is indeed effective, but I can't see how it won't be. We are using his best days and a few pointers from his articles and it should make things run smoothly.

nurseypoo5 said:
I dont know what your talking about...i'm looking at them right now. You must have a problem updating his site. You need to address this in the forums. You really should have done this long ago, its probably been up for quite some time. I have the dates mid Dec thru Jan1 up on best parks.

Indeed, the 2nd half of December has been up on his site for a number of days now. As stated above, the place to deal with this is on TGM's forums, not the DIS.

notnothin said:
Indeed, the 2nd half of December has been up on his site for a number of days now. As stated above, the place to deal with this is on TGM's forums, not the DIS.
Just for facts I believe it came out on the 21st.

All you need to know is right here on these boards and a few other sites. I looked over TGM and a few other pay sitre and books and didn't find anythign new or special in them. I'll stick to the boards and my personal experiences. Things change daily at WDW as crowd patterns and etc. I assist many co-workers and friends and how to do WDW and none have complained with my tips and ideas.
If you are not happy and a refund is offered, take it and post your needs, questions, concerns here and get 75,000 people's ideas and thoguhts rather than one person/compnay's idea and thoughts.

Just my two cents.

nurseypoo5 said:

They FINALLY came out on the 22nd for the second half of December. It wasn't my problem, it was the fact that Tour Guide Mike didn't update them until then. You can even look on the What's New page to see when they were posted.

It was past my 180 day ADR window, so I cancelled and just went with UG instead. I needed something to plan with.

The fact that it took more than THREE WEEKS to publish the second half of Decembers best days charts was horrible customer service, in my opinion. I mean, this is the busiest week of the year, and he just blew it off.

I asked for a refund but haven't heard anything back yet. Also bad customer service.

I have to join the TGM fans on this one!!! We LOVE his information. He shares tons of tips, that I didn't know from reading this board. I can't wait to put it all into action in October.

My 2-year-old loves seeing his picture on the site, and saying "that's tourguide Mike". I sure hope we get to see him in person....my kids think he's a huge celebrity or something. :)

We used TGM for our trip last June. I've been to WDW many times and felt like I knew about everything there was to know, however I learned several great tips on TGM's site that made our trip better. These tips probably were available on the DIS boards somewhere but I never came across them.

I will admit his site frustrated me to no end and I usually had a headache by the time I was done trying to find some useful info. I was sure I wouldn't sign up again but I did because we are going a busy time of year (December) and I wanted all the help I could get. I've already learned something else that will make our trip better. And the site seems a little easier to navigate the second time around.

I haven't read this whole thread, but I've gotta chime in. I found TGM to be worth the $18 investment - I think it was that much, I know there was a small DIS member discount.

Ok, much of the info I knew. I didn't need his planner to keep track of my info and ADR's - I do that in WP myself. And yes his site was confusing to navigate initially, but nonetheless I still found it to be worth the very small investment. We went to the MK on a red day (no choice) but at least I knew why it was red, I was prepared, and used his touring plan to deal with it. We did well - getting there as instructed and doing what he advised we walked on everything we really wanted to ride before the masses descended. And this was with a toddler in tow.

I laugh because our trip was earlier this month and today DH and I were talking about our next trip. He asked if we would be going to Disney World next trip or just Epcot etc. Hello... EPCOT, etc is WDW I advised. The MK is just one park, not all of WDW. :rolleyes: I talked about TGM and DH didn't realize I paid for the info. He thought I got all my info from the DIS (which he believes is a cult of Disney snobs ) but I set him straight. :rotfl2: Ok, I get lots of great info here but not all of it. Anyway, even he (the anti-Disney snob who thinks only the MK is WDW) admitted it was worth the investment. He was impressed at our ability to ride so much in a short time. :thumbsup2 He accompanied me on a biz trip to FLA a few years ago when I was pregnant and we added an unplanned and unscheduled weekend at WDW (doing MK and EPCOT) in early November during low season. We spent over an hour in line just to ride Pooh and this was low season! The sign said 20 min, but it was wrong. I had no idea what, if anything, was going on in the park that day :( We didn't FP the ride and watched as all the people with FP's bypassed us. :( I swore never again. :furious: We would go with a plan for all futre trips. TGM helped me create our plan - I just modified it to suit our needs with an active tween and small toddler. Now the whole morning in MK I thought he would duct tape my mouth shut if I said "tick tick tick, grains of sand" one more time to him but we rode the RR to Main Street and when he saw the crowds coming through the gates (and getting on the train) he knew what I was talking about. Thanks TGM!

So this is a very long winded post but the bottom line is I had never gone to WDW with kids before. I wanted my tween DNiece to experience thrill rides but needed to accomodate my toddler too. My toddler will NOT tolerate long lines. I didn't know enough about touring the parks with kids to do it on my own. TGM's sample park tours are helpful in this area and it did work for us to avoid the crowds and select attractions my lil guy would like. Considering how much we pay for WDW vacation, $18 or whatever it was is a very small amount. If I use just a few of his tips, to me, its worth the price of admission.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter