Pretty Cool: Disney's new Magical Express service

WDWHound

DIS Veteran
The following is from Screamscape

Disney will launch their new Disney’s Magical Express service. The service will be available to guests flying on six airlines (Delta, American, Continental, Song, United, and Ted) and will allow the guest to print their boarding passes and check their bags while still at WDW, hours before they have to be at the airport. The service will free them up to spend their final day at Disney and not worry about getting themselves to the airport or standing in the long check-in lines at the terminal. The service will work both ways as well as guests can specially check their bags at their home airports and skip the waiting at the luggage carousel in Orlando, because the bags will be delivered right to their rooms. Then there is a new free shuttle program to and from the airport that Disney is contracting out with Mears. Best of all, Disney is not planning on charging a dime for the service for at least the first 18 months.

Heres the link:
http://www.screamscape.com/html/walt_disney_world.html

Sounds great, but like everything else, it appears that I would just miss it. If we go this year, it will be the last week in April and I understand that this doesn't begin until 5/5, right?

Free shuttle service from MCO???? :earseek: That is huge :earseek:

This idea is phenomenal. I'm looking forward to taking advantage of it when I go in July. Not only does it improve customer satisfcation but it's going to make Disney a pile of money.

Ali

Disney's Magical Express is open to anyone staying at Disney hotels in WDW. All you have to do is speak to CRO when booking to let them know times/dates etc. It's even open to DVC members!! (I Know since I've already booked it!!)

Andy

Hi!
It sounds wonderful, but, unfortunately, I will miss it! Everyone have a fabulous vacation, though!

Lisa
:earsgirl:

has anyone heard if this service will be expanded to other on-site resorts, specifically Shades of Green, in the future? I know when they tested the extra hrs at night Shades and I think Swan and Dolphin were not included in the test, but are included now.

Hippychickali said:
I think it is offered to Shades of Green but don't quote me on that.

Ali
Last night I was at a NFFC Chapter Meeting and the guest speaker was the manager for programs for multi-visit guests. She was asked and said that it will work for room-only reservations but the people must be at a Disney owned and operated Resort. It looks like it will not apply to SoG.

Does anyone see this costing Disney a pretty penny, and they will then have to make it up some where else? Or, will this only be a temporary thing during the current 50th anniversary celebration, and then, after the celebration is over, so is the program.... and perhaps the same with the DDE being open to AP holders? :confused3

It kicks off May 5, the same as the 50th celebrations, but I don't see anything in the announcements saying this is intended to be temporary.

DancingBear said:
It kicks off May 5, the same as the 50th celebrations, but I don't see anything in the announcements saying this is intended to be temporary.
Disney has promised that Magical Express will be complimentary through the end of the Happiest Celebration (through 2006).

If Disney achieves their probable business objectives -- higher average room rates, greater occupancy percentage, additional shopping and dining spending by "captive" guests, less spending off-site, DVC members eating in restaurants rather than going to the grocery store, increased guest satisfaction -- the service is likely to remain complimentary.

sounds good but im flying with virgin not any of the others
:(
oh well maybe next time
also i hope we go soon after as free is totally in my budget
:p

i saw this before i think its a great idea expecially my class is planning to go to disney for our class trip in 2006 and hopefully disney will let our big group on this offer and will save every on about 25$ or more on transportation and hopefully it will still be FREE the time we go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter