Pressed Penny Tube Question

lizavance

Mrs. Grumpy
Please don't point and laugh if this is the dumbest question you've ever heard.

Maybe I am over-thinking this but I got the M&M tubes to make the pressed penny holders for my grandkids. Since you need 2 quarters and 1 penny for each press, do you put the pennies and the quarters in the tube in that order (2 quarters, then a penny, then 2 quarters, etc.) or is the tube just for the shiny pennies?
:confused:

Maybe I am over-thinking this but I got the M&M tubes to make the pressed penny holders for my grandkids. Since you need 2 quarters and 1 penny for each press, do you put the pennies and the quarters in the tube in that order (2 quarters, then a penny, then 2 quarters, etc.) or is the tube just for the shiny pennies?

I cant answer your question....however I must say its not a dumb question because I was wondering the same exact thing....:confused3 I also wanted to know how much fits into one tube:confused3

Not sure on what your asking, but I don't think a pressed penny will fit in a M&M tube, They do sell alblums for pressed pennies at WDW ( not that expensive) When you go to press the penny you put 2 Quarters in the slots and the penny in the other, and they all go into together. If you go to Presscoins.com it will tell you where all the presspenny & Quarter locations are and what designs are in each one in WDW. I do believe if you use a older penny it comes out better. Have Fun.

I used the M&M tubes to hold the quarters and pennies. This made it very easy to get the money out when the girls found a machine they liked. I can not remember exactly how much fit in each, but it was a lot.

Like the above poster said, the pennies will not fit back into the tubes after being pressed. I used a mentos gum container to put the pennies in once pressed while we were out, and then put them in the book back at the hotel.

Here is a picture of the mentos gum container I used. I found them in the check out line at Wal-Mart.
pressedpennyholder.jpg

Hope this helps,
Krista

Yes....I stack them 2 quarters and a penny. That way you are ready to go each time you open your tube. Have fun!

I stack them, 2 quarters and a penny just for ease. Here are a few tips I have learned about the tubes:
- Use contact paper to attach the labels
- since my girls are 2 and 3, they could care less about an adorable label. I let them cover their tubes with Disney stickers in their favorite character. I know by the color of the tube which one is which. Each child gets their own color.
- Since the larger m&m tube hold more it is also heavier! We all know by the end of a park day, 1 pound feels like 20 pounds! I recommend using the shorter tubes and just restocking when you need to. My 2 girls have, say 4 tubes for that trip. So I pack 8 tubes then refill my bag as needed. I keep the tubes in a sandwich bag just for ease of finding them in my bag. DH calls my bag the black hole.
- I keep the pressed pennies in the tubes then when we get back to our room at night, the girls and I put the coins in their pressed penny books which they enjoy doing. That way I don't have to carry around the tubes and the book!
- Try and use pennies older than 1982. http://allears.net/btp/penny.htm
- if for any reason the design doesn't imprint correctly on the coin, tell a CM. They will exchange it for you. They usually have good ones in their drawer or in the back in case the machine breaks down while your coin is in there.
- it was cheaper to by a box of the mini m&m's so I could get several in the same color. Then the rest of them were shared with their friends and trick or treat candy. I bought it at BJ's wholesale.

No! You are not over thinking. It just makes things easier for a more relaxing vacation!! I hope you have a great time!!

Nice idea. My dd loved the pressed pennies last time and now my sone will probably like them as well. I will have to pick up some M&M tubes. :)

Where do we find the labels for the M&Ms tube and Mentos container? Thanks!

Nevermind...

Found Natalie's 4share account by doing a search;)

Thank you all for the great advice. My girls usually like the shiny pennies and I am way to lazy to polish old pennies so a little zinc will be fine. I agree about the weight so I bought the short tubes and will refill as needed.

okay i just counted one of my full mandm tubes. it was the big one. it holds 31 pennies (2 quarters and a penny)

Thank you all for the great advice. My girls usually like the shiny pennies and I am way to lazy to polish old pennies so a little zinc will be fine. I agree about the weight so I bought the short tubes and will refill as needed.

Polishing is for the birds.... Let them soak in a bowl of plain vinegar and it should shine them up pretty well. Dry them off and you're good to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter