Pressed Pennies

Danjocass

Mousketeer
Hi everyone, My DD loves pressed pennies and for our upcoming trip I wanted to get her the pressed penny book. I was browsing on several sites & saw that each park has a lot of pennies. I havent been to WDW since 2003 & it was before kids so I didn't do the pennies. Anyone know about how many pennies in each park? Is one book realistic? Do they sell the pressed penny books for all the pennies in each park? :confused3 Thanks :thumbsup2

we did pressed pennies with our kids when we were there last year. the books are sold in the park and run about $7-$8. the parks have pressed pennies, quarters and there are one or two dime machines. we have 3 kids so we factored 10 coins per day, per kid...so we came prepared with all of the coins we needed. the book holds about 50-60 coins, but there are lots of machines and multiple designs on each machine. if you actually plan on hitting them all or trying to each design you will need more than 1 book, but otherwise we thought it was a great and cheap souvenir and our kids typically picked different designs so we have lots of different pennies all stored inthe books

Go to presscoins.com for pictures and a master list of ALL the pennies in the parks and resorts. It gives exact stores and locations so there is almost no guessing where they are located. That way you do not spend the entire vacation looking for these. Also, use 1982 pennies or older. They hold image better. Soak them in vinegar overnight too; makes them shiny. Use mini M&M
containers to hold all your pennies and quarters so they are all there together. I do pressed pennies everytime I go, and last year I collected over 60 pennies! Had to buy 2 new books just to hold them all.....

You can also get the list of penny presses from guest servicesnin any of the parks. Each penny machine has three or sometimes four different selections. We have collected almost all of the pennies in the parks, but they are also located in all of the hotels as well. The last time that we were there we noticed that many of the machines were broken. Hopefully they had them all fixed.

I'm going to start looking for pennies from before 1982 and soaking them in vinegar, LOL!!!

Hands down the best site for pressed pennies is www.presscoins.com. If there's a new penny, or a machine is taken down for repairs, it'll usually appear on that site right away.

Another good resource I found was this. It's Disney's official location maps for the machines. Probably not updated as frequently as the Presscoins.com website, but handy if you don't know here the shops are.

Also: As well as cleaning pre 1982 pennies, consider buying some uncirculated ones off ebay. They're not PERFECT, and still have some blotches and stuff one, but they're way cleaner and shinier than any other pre 1982 pennies you're going to find. I imported a dollars worth of coins to England for our upcomming trip and you don't want to know how much it cost me, but it'll be worth it hopefully. :)

Another note about collecting: I generally use the resources to decide which coins I want before I go. I think you'd spend your entire holiday collecting coins if you tried to get every single one. There are so many!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter