Pressed Pennies

NiftyJ88

Mouseketeer
My husband (for some strange reason) loves pressed pennies. We're heading to Disney and I don't know how many quarters to take along. Are these machines EVERYWHERE? I am going to go broke doing pressed pennies? Also, where is a decent place to get a pressed penny book?

My husband (for some strange reason) loves pressed pennies. We're heading to Disney and I don't know how many quarters to take along. Are these machines EVERYWHERE? I am going to go broke doing pressed pennies? Also, where is a decent place to get a pressed penny book?

You can get the books almost anywhere. We brought a mini- M&M container along and stacked the coins - 2 Quarters, 1 Penny, 2 Quarters, 1 Penny...ect
If you search for Pressed Penny listing you will find what Characters and Places they are located in WDW

It seems like there are pressed penny machines everywhere! And, on the machines you have a choice of what pressed penny design you want (there are usually 3 different designs). So there are ALOT of pressed penny designs you could get .... and go broke in the process! :laughing:

We found this was a great budget alternative to other souvies for the kids. We put no restriction on the amount of pressed pennies they could get and had the added element of a scavenger hunt added, because you never knew where you may find the machines!

We went last year and the book was maybe $7.99?? and we spent about $30 for pressed pennies for 2 children in 5 days.

We loved the pressed pennies too!!! There are a lot of machines, but at $.51, they are pretty inexpensive souvies! I second the mini M&M's container - been doing that for years, and it works really well. I just love to look at our collection and remember all of the great places we have visited!!!

We have a shop in the Great Smoky Mountains - Gatlinburg - installed a pressed penny machine this year and it is CRAZY the # of people who buy them! We have the books (say Great Smoky Mountains) for $4.98. I haven't seen the books before we started carrying them - they're so convenient!

I have a big collection of disney pressed pennies too. Just be careful of the pressed quarters, those are a 1.25 each. The resorts have them as well as in the parks. Some are automated where you push a button, others are hand cranks. I love these. The faster you crank the better the penny turns out.
I'd go with a couple rolls of quarters and a roll of pennies. Put them in paper rolls, so you can open one end and keep them stored easily.

There's two penny books, one with scorcerer mickey, one with tinkerbell. I don't think either one of them have slots for quarters though.

We are big fans too of pressed pennies. I bring the m&m containers stack them with 2 quarters and 1 penny. Its kinda fun to do and we really enjoy doing it.

The press penny machines should say it need .51 cents for some of us that could the figure them while I was on vacation. It took child to show how to use the machines.:lmao::lmao::lmao:

My kids love all the pressed pennies. As mentioned there are machines everywhere.....resaurants, gift shops, rides, even some bus stops and hotel lobbies. Now we collect them from all over....Niagara Falls, NC mountains, etc. It is addicting.

We are also fans of pressed pennies. My 7 year old son has a big book of them that also have slots for the pressed quarters. We got his book at some outlet shop in Orlando--it was cheaper than getting them at the parks.

Yes, they are everywhere and yes you will go broke - especially if you go for any pressed quarters! I made my DH do this on our honeymoon and I thought he was going to kill me by the end of the week! :rolleyes1

Yes they are everywhere and have many many different ones to chose from. I think someone already mentioned that they also have the pressed quarters.

My children have a collection book to put theirs in.

I love my pressed penny collection. I have almost 2 books of Disney penny's that I collected over 2 trips. I also use the mini-m&m container to hold the quarters. I also make certain to use new pre 1982 pennies. I go to a coin store and buy them for less than a couple dollars for a roll... I do not try to clean pennies myself. The pre-82 pennies have a different metal in them.

Most shops have penny machines. Many rides have penny machines. Hotels have them.

It's fun. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter