Pressed Pennies, How many do you do?

angeluna

Hyperfocused on Disney
My kids are into the pressed pennies. We know there are lots of them to get. How many do ya'll usually get. Trying to figure out how many tubes of quarters & pennies to take with us. Thanks.

I press a lot of them - I think there's a link from parkpennies.com to a WDW checklist. However, I bring my pre-1982 pennies and a very few quarters and plan on getting quarters there. Nothing worse than carrying a backpack full of quarters - they'll put your checked bags over weight-limit quicker than you think, they're *heavy* to carry in carry-ons, and every now and then someone reports running into a security screener who just doesn't get why someone would want to carry that much change if they don't plan on hitting a stewardess with it...... Not worth the hassle to bring quarters. :-)

Get your change there with a penny book that way you can limit them to just enough to fill the books.

We took the advice of a tip I found here before our last trip.

Take those little M&M plastic tubes and fill them up with 1 penny and 2 quarters--that's how much you need for each press. My kids were 7 and 9 at the time, and they each got one tube filled up and when they were out of money they were done. We were there for 6 days--and they probably each could have had 2 tubes....they aren't that heavy to carry if you do it that way. Plus, you want to carry your pressed penny book or something so you can keep track of the pennies once they are pressed. They are oblong so of course they don't go back into the M&M container.

Its a great way to remember favorite rides at the parks....whenever my DS got off of a ride he had never done before and really liked, he started watching for the pressed penny machine.

Have fun!

We just bought our 4th pressed penny book over THanksgiving. My daughter was more excited that it was a different book that the other 3 we have.

Glad yall reminded me about that. I forgot about bringing quarters and pennies. My DD is in to that. Can you purchase the pressed penny books at WDW?

Pressded penny books are 6.50 in the park. We were there over Thanksgiving and almost filled 2 books each for my 2 boys. What a scavenger hunt! They had so much fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter