Presidents and Easter week info needed

Tonyspad

Disney or Bust for us!
We are planning a trip to DL for either Presidents week or the week after Easter ( mid April) in 2009.
How is the weather and crowds during those time frames??
Many thanks.

Easter is busy no matter what. President's Day week is busier, but not crazy. We went during Presiden't Day week two years ago and walked onto almost every ride. I KNOW you cannot do that around Easter.

As far as weather, it is more unpredictable during Feb than April. It could be really nice (60-70's) or rainy or HOT! It does cool down during the night though

We went Easter week this year and it was awful! I never want to go at this time of year again. Ive never run into or been run into by so many rude people in all my years at disneyland. But by reading other threads I know that I am not the only one wondering where have all the manners or simple kindness gone?

momshadow-
Did you go the week before or week after Easter? I am wondering if the crowds thin down once Easter Sunday passes??

Keep in mind that most of the schools in the area are year round, which means that there will be students on break for the whole month surrounding spring break/easter weekend. That in itself does contribute to making it a bit busier.

On our trip to DL (first time for our family) in February of 2006 -- we went at the end of Presiden'ts week. We went on the Thursday, Friday, and Saturday of that week. I had thought the crowds would be thinned out since President's day was on a Monday. Wrong! It was *very* busy still on Thursday when we got there -- a 45 minute wait for Peter Pan, an hour wait for Dumbo, etc. We still had a great time and the kids loved it. But, I would not go the week of President's day again. Not to mention, the Saturday we were there a national cheerleading conpetition was going on and the park was packed (and the Hyperion Theatre was being used for the cheer competition, so we didn't get to see the Aladdin musical).
DCA wasn't nearly as crowded, however. Fantasyland was ridiculously crowded, but the other rides didn't have quite as long waits.
Just a little heads up!:goodvibes

Hi,
we went for six days. Arrived on thurs and was there after Easter and the crowd didnt thin out. Maybe you will have a better trip.

We went during Presidents' Week this year and it was very crowded. The Sat. before was really, really bad. The worst part is that they don't up the entertainment schedule (no Electrical Parade mainly). I've never been during Spring Break, so I can't compare. I can say that the weather is unpredictable in Feb. too. There was a record high on Sat and then it was windy and rainy a few evenings and the fireworks were cancelled.

I've done both. I have to say that Spring Break is way more crowded than President's Week. Here are my comparisions:

PW: - shorter hours during the week (DL: 9-8, DCA: 10-6)
- FPs almost didn't run out (except Space which was new last year)
- Lines for major rides around 45 minutes (Indy, Splash, Soarin, Screamin)
- entertainment is limited
- easier to manuever through crowds
-weather is a little cool

SB: -longer hours during the week (DL: 8-12, DCA: 10-10)
- FPs ran out for popular rides (Indy, Splash, Soarin, Screamin)
- Lines for average rides were around 45 minutes (Roger Rabbit, BLAB, Autopia, GRR, Sun Wheel). Lines for popular rides were 60+ minutes (Space and ToT weren't open yet last time I went)
- entertainment is on full
- crowds are almost wall to wall
- warmer weather

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter