Presentation

Shleedogg

DIS Veteran
I just got an invite for a DVC presentation and tour of Bay Lake during our upcoming trip. It was offered the last 2 days of our 4 day trip. On Tuesday it was a 9am presentation and on Wednesday it was a 3pm. The 3pm would have been perfect, as we plan on afternoon breaks everyday, but our flight leaves at 6:30pm on Wed. I did sign up for the Tuesday morning, but I'm wondering if it's really worth it to waste 2+ morning hrs that we could have spent at MK EMH, especially since we're only there for 4 days.

We know the basics of DVC and probably are going to buy in within the next year, but most likely will buy resale at Boardwalk or AKV. Can someone give me the details of the presentation. Will we learn anything new? Are there deeper price discounts offered during the presentation than normally (this might persuade us to buy BLT)? Also concerned about our little one. The offer a kids camp for ages 3-9, but our DD is 8 mos. Will they still allow us to come on the tour, etc.?

Thank you!! :goodvibes

I think this is a pretty expensive investment, I would go to the presentation. Ask why you should buy through Disney instead of resale (free closing, speed, developer points...). Plus you get free ice cream and maybe some free fast passes. There is no pressure and you get to check out different resorts that you may very well end up staying at.

I think you will find it a pleasent experience. It is a good place to get questions answered.

Sorry, your questions. The 8 mo old can stay with you.

The basics of the tour:
- See the pretty rooms
- How points work
- Costs and Incentives
- Questions
- Icecream

Others have reported receiving tickets for fast passes when they attended the presentation. Some said they had to ask, others said they were given them.

Disney does seem to offer better incentives at special events like this BLT presentation. Other good incentive events have been: web cast, Boston show, Chicago show, and Disney Cruise Line but they have enforced a must be present to receive the incentives.

Current pricing at the BLT presentation...
160 points- $15 off or $97/point
200 points - $17 off or $95/point
(I think there's another incentive for something like 270 points, but am not sure about this)

Outside the event here's the offers...
$112 base price less $5.00 promotional discount; 160+ points

Special Offer 1: Save an additional $6 per point on 160-199 points and $8 per point on 200+ points; referral from existing DVC member is required

Special Offer 2: Complimentary Disney Cruise Line voyage; cruise duration varies depending upon the number of points purchased; referral from existing DVC member is required

Forgot to mention that they have also been having a drawing for a free 1 week trip with RCI (DVC's current external timeshare partner).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter