Prescription eyeglasses online?

eyeheartgoofy

DIS Veteran
Anyone ever order prescription eyeglasses online? I never order them from my optometrist b/c he charges so much (he gives me a little grumble whenever I ask for my RX ... ), but I have had great luck with Sears using coupons.

I was just curious about online places.

Awesome ... now I just need to figure out how to read this hastily scribbled chicken scratch and I will be all set. I may call the office and ask for a copy of the RX again ... I'm hoping one of the assistants will write it down so I can actually read it!

My hubby's glasses broke so it was time for a new pair. So we went to WM and I paid $49 for an eye exam and they gladly gave me a copy. She was super nice and even gave me the specs on a pair of Titanium frames dh liked and tried on. I went to Zenni Optical and bought 2 pairs of Titanium Memory Frames with the upgrade reflection coating and still spent less than $70 for both with shipping! :thumbsup2

So now we are waiting and I sure hope they fit him and last for a couple of years. This time I said we needed to have him a back-up pair. At this price you can easily afford it. Seriously the cheapest pair of Titanium at WM were $108 and that's just the frames! :scared1: WM also said we could take the glasses in and have them fitted if they weren't comfortable.

how do you know if they look good on you or not?? when I get my new glasses I end up on trying about 20 pairs on before i buy.

So glad to hear of good experience with Zenni Optical. I ordered from them last week and I hope my new glasses get here soon. For those that have ordered from them, how long did it take for your order to arrive?

So glad to hear of good experience with Zenni Optical. I ordered from them last week and I hope my new glasses get here soon. For those that have ordered from them, how long did it take for your order to arrive?

I ordered a pair of sunglasses from Zenni and it took a little under 2 weeks.

I have to admit, I was very skeptical of prescription sunglasses that were so inexpensive (my last pair were over 300.00), but I was VERY pleasantly surprised. Obviously, you get what you pay for, but for that kind of price, if they last me 3 months I'm ok with that! LOL! (And actually, I've had them longer than that and they're holding up just fine :) )

We leave for WDW in a little over a month, so I'm getting ready to order another pair shortly, just so I can have a back-up...I don't want to get stuck in that Florida sun without sunglasses.

To the poster asking about knowing how they'll look on you, I guess I'd say that's a crap-shoot. I stuck with frames that were similar in shape to other styles I've had. There are other sites that are not as cheap as Zenni, but definitely less expensive than retail, whose websites have a feature where you can upload your picture and "try" them on. I can't remember which one, I linked to it from www.glassyeyes.blogspot.com.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter