Prepay gratuities??

You can't do it online. I just called yesterday and prepaid ours for our cruise next week, with a combo of a Disney gift card and my Disney Visa Reward Card dollars. It was super easy and I was on the phone less than 5 minutes :)

As bas71873 noted, you can't currently prepay gratuities online. But while I was on the phone with DCL this last week the cast member mentioned that he believed we could do it. I told him what I could see and he said that they're in the process of updating the website to make it a little bit easier to use. Now take that with a grain of salt, if the past has taught us anything, cast members aren't exactly the most knowledgeable about what is coming...

As bas71873 noted, you can't currently prepay gratuities online. But while I was on the phone with DCL this last week the cast member mentioned that he believed we could do it. I told him what I could see and he said that they're in the process of updating the website to make it a little bit easier to use. Now take that with a grain of salt, if the past has taught us anything, cast members aren't exactly the most knowledgeable about what is coming...
Yes it is coming with other things like requesting MDR rotation,

Yes it is coming with other things like requesting MDR rotation,

I like that. Thought we could already request MDRs rotation on the website (been a while since I was doing that), but it would be nice if they added a number of other things, such as gratuities.

I like that. Thought we could already request MDRs rotation on the website (been a while since I was doing that), but it would be nice if they added a number of other things, such as gratuities.
I think it has better shopping, better ordering for gifts in the room, the ability to put on on board credit.

it would be nice to be able to order gifts from the site and not have to phone or fax in a form. is this something you think is coming? that would be awesome!

Can someone tell me why I would want to prepay the gratuities? thanks

I do it every cruise, I consider they work hard so I consider it part of the cruise fare, I have never had bad service, -well once, and you can change them at guest services. I do not like bills running up on my stateroom account, I want to relax on the cruise so I want the majority of costs paid for pre cruise.

Being in the UK I prepay as I choose when to pay them and when the £/$ is good, so I paid them off at 1.70 to the £, its now 1.47 and on the cruise could be anywhere!

I think sometimes, some people make a decision on what to tip on what currency they have left in their budget and not how hard these people work. Pre paying takes that out of the way and makes a sound decision. I have cruised DCL 11 times and confident i have great service, or I would complain and get it corrected.

What is MDR rotation?

MDR = Main dinning room.

So there are three MDRs and you 'rotate' between them night by night.

For example on my upcoming DCL Disney Magic cruise which is 12 nights;-

A - Animator's Palate, L - Lumiere's, C - Cariocas

Rotation #1: LACLACLACLAC

Rotation #2: ACLACLACLACL

Rotation #3: CLACLACLACLA

When I purchase gifts before hand. Are they waiting in the room for us when we board? And we cruise in December but I'm paying for as much as I can now. Will ordering gifts be part of the disney disney reservation website soon?

To get it out of the way so you don't have to worry about paying for it while you're cruising. From what I understand, even if you don't pre-pay it, DCL will tack it onto your on board account anyway that you'll have to settle and pay off before you disembark, so many people choose to pay for it in advance so it's one less thing to settle while cruising. Should you find that service was so horrible that you wish to remove gratuities, or adjust them, you can always go to Guest Services to have it taken care of. If you wish to add more, you can have Guest Services help you with that as well. Pre-paying doesn't mean it's set in stone.

The gratuities covers 4 service positions on the cruise: head server, server, assistant server, and stateroom host. This calculator breaks down how much which position gets, and how much you can expect to pay based on how many nights you're cruising: http://disneycruiselineblog.com/cruise-planning/tip-calculator/ Pre-paying gratuities doesn't include any that you might want to give for room or bar service, but note that some drinks will already have gratuities included, so pay attention to your receipt.

I do it every cruise, I consider they work hard so I consider it part of the cruise fare, I have never had bad service, -well once, and you can change them at guest services. I do not like bills running up on my stateroom account, I want to relax on the cruise so I want the majority of costs paid for pre cruise.

Being in the UK I prepay as I choose when to pay them and when the £/$ is good, so I paid them off at 1.70 to the £, its now 1.47 and on the cruise could be anywhere!

I think sometimes, some people make a decision on what to tip on what currency they have left in their budget and not how hard these people work. Pre paying takes that out of the way and makes a sound decision. I have cruised DCL 11 times and confident i have great service, or I would complain and get it corrected.
I was was curious if there was an advantage. Besides the exchange rate.

To get it out of the way so you don't have to worry about paying for it while you're cruising. From what I understand, even if you don't pre-pay it, DCL will tack it onto your on board account anyway that you'll have to settle and pay off before you disembark, so many people choose to pay for it in advance so it's one less thing to settle while cruising. Should you find that service was so horrible that you wish to remove gratuities, or adjust them, you can always go to Guest Services to have it taken care of. If you wish to add more, you can have Guest Services help you with that as well. Pre-paying doesn't mean it's set in stone.

The gratuities covers 4 service positions on the cruise: head server, server, assistant server, and stateroom host. This calculator breaks down how much which position gets, and how much you can expect to pay based on how many nights you're cruising: http://disneycruiselineblog.com/cruise-planning/tip-calculator/ Pre-paying gratuities doesn't include any that you might want to give for room or bar service, but note that some drinks will already have gratuities included, so pay attention to your receipt.

Agree...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter