Preparing the *Ultimate* WDW Scavanger Hunt

Ooh, thanks for the new ideas! I've updated the list with some and others I've tacked to other portions of the hunt.

And latest word on the Boards was that the ring and umbrella are both back and poised for finding.

Any other ideas?

Hi TX Turtle,
Here is a possible correction and some additions:

In January we couldn't find the horse with the gold tail on the carrousel and the CM said it had been repainted. Has anyone seen it since then? That is supposedly Cinderella's horse. I've heard the horse with the black tail is Prince Charming's.

Epcot:
Pull the rope at the well on the way to Indiana Jones. You know, the one that says "Do not pull rope." You'll get a fun surprise when you do, so listen carefully.

Rub the giant troll's tummy for good luck. (in Norway gift shop)

MK:
Ride at the back of the train and announce "All Aboard" to the other passengers.

If you're not there early enough to wake up Tinkerbell, find her in the dresser drawer (look through the keyhole).

By the way, you can purchase an entire booklet full of treasure hunts at www.passporter.com. The pages with the answers on them are sealed (perforated) so there's no cheating by looking up the answers ahead of time. But, it sounds like you've got plenty of items to keep folks busy treasure hunting. What fun!!

Marginallly OT but looking over the list ... there's a lot to look for and do in the MK, quite a bit in Epcot ... but what's up with AK and MGM?!? There have to be more hidden treasures than just what I have. I mean, I know MK wins for being the most detail-dense park and Epcot is just huge ... but AK and MGM aren't exactly 6 Flags. They have detail, they have park specific treasures ... right??

There are lots of meandering trails at AK, with certain animals available for viewing, like the meerkats. If your family hasn't explored all these trails, you could have them find certain critters on certain trails. I can't remember what you'll find where, but maybe someone else can mention a few.

There's a Hidden Mickey on the side of a dinosaur along the trail near the Dinosaur attraction.
There's a hidden Baloo on the concrete wall inside the old fort across from Tusker House.

At MGM, have them find some bolts on a large pipe that look like Mickey ears (kind of a Hidden Mickey).
I'll email you some pictures of the above items.

Thanks! I added some animals to find in AK. I was thinking of having a separate section for hidden mickeys - just basically a tally system for how many you find since there's a lot. Though I might just include a few specific HMs in the list ... not sure about that one yet. Thanks again!

Hey TxTurtle!

For MGM, you might add the streetmosphere characters. There's several different ones - my favorite is the cleaning lady and the guy that dresses like zorro. Also, they could find the giant ant to crawl on (in the HISTK playground).

Animal Kingdom has a delicious African beer at the bar by Tusker House, called, appropriately enough Tusker. Maybe the adults could have a picture of them enjoying the beverage? You could also ask for pictures of people wearing their bug eyes.

This sounds like a blast!

Ooh, love the idea of the streetmosphere characters. Added a few finds and dos with them, courtesy of a fantastic fansite of theirs ... and unfortunately I forgot to save the address. But google "mgm streetmosphere" and it's #1!

Hey this is a great idea, I may do something like this for November trip. Do you think when you are completely done you could email it all to me?
tnkrbl1969@yahoo.com
I have a trip coming up in November :yay: and would love to do something like this. There are about 10 of us going :party: - we could split into teams or something. :thanks:

Could anyone clue me in to where the Mr. Toad ride vehicle is? Id love to see that!

How about ride in the front of the monorail and get a co-pilot's license?

For an added headache have them take a pic for a brick "around" the world that may have a significance to you - ie -same last name or state ,etc.

Kevin Yee has a really good scavenger hunt/challenge for Animal Kingdom posted on his website http://www.ultimateorlando.com/challenge/index.html

I haven't participated in this one but I did participate last summer in one of his challenges. He made one that took over an hour and was completely in the Columbia Harbour House. There are some really interesting things on the wall in there and we had to locate them all. It was fun! I wish he posted this one because it would be really fun for adults on a hot day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter