• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Preparing for Nicole, Rain tips, and other advice!

We had 9:30am BBB reservations and when we stopped by in the late afternoon they were able to get us right in which I wasn't expecting!

DHS really felt like it had lighter crowds. You could walk much easier in the walkways. Times were overly inflated. It really was a pleasant evening. We had a 910 LL for RNRC that changed to an anytime that’s good for tomorrow too. This was perfect since we had extra time to get popcorn for fantasmic. We rode it twice the other day so we were fine missing it.

With MCO opening for arrivals tomorrow I expect Saturday to be a complete madhouse and we leave Saturday after Topolino’s breakfast.

DHS really felt like it had lighter crowds. You could walk much easier in the walkways. Times were overly inflated. It really was a pleasant evening. We had a 910 LL for RNRC that changed to an anytime that’s good for tomorrow too. This was perfect since we had extra time to get popcorn for fantasmic. We rode it twice the other day so we were fine missing it.

With MCO opening for arrivals tomorrow I expect Saturday to be a complete madhouse and we leave Saturday after Topolino’s breakfast.
Sounds like a good day overall!

Are departures not starting again tomorrow? I hope so we fly out Sunday and the longer they are running the better chance we have of not having any issues!

Sounds like a good day overall!

Are departures not starting again tomorrow? I hope so we fly out Sunday and the longer they are running the better chance we have of not having any issues!

Departures started yesterday. Arrivals start today.

This storm has finally pushed through and I think most operations are back to normal!

We had another successful day yesterday and way less wet. If I’m being honest I think the late opening actually really helped us!

Since Epcot was 1pm we relaxed a bit, and got there right around 1, did guardians, frozen ate a ton of snacks in Norway, then the Mexico ride or the Donald ride as my kids call it, I got my avocado margarita, then we got another snack in Norway, did Sorian. Then headed to Mk for the party,

We made it till the bitter end of the party, I really think if we have started Epcot at 10, my original plan we wouldn’t have made it to the end of the party!

Thank you again to everyone for all the tips, and operation updates! I appreciate everyone of you!

Have great vacations and stay dry!

This storm has finally pushed through and I think most operations are back to normal!

We had another successful day yesterday and way less wet. If I’m being honest I think the late opening actually really helped us!

Since Epcot was 1pm we relaxed a bit, and got there right around 1, did guardians, frozen ate a ton of snacks in Norway, then the Mexico ride or the Donald ride as my kids call it, I got my avocado margarita, then we got another snack in Norway, did Sorian. Then headed to Mk for the party,

We made it till the bitter end of the party, I really think if we have started Epcot at 10, my original plan we wouldn’t have made it to the end of the party!

Thank you again to everyone for all the tips, and operation updates! I appreciate everyone of you!

Have great vacations and stay dry!
Glad to hear you're still having a great trip, even with the weather!

Has anyone been able to modify their ticket to include additional days? We have an impacted 8 day ticket that I was looking to extend to a 10 day but MDE won't let me 😜
Go to Guest Services. They’ll be happy too. The #1 Rule of Disney is that they’ll ALWAYS take more money.

I know this is a dumb question, but does Disney not offer anything in exchange for the fact that we lost out on HOURS of park time? We had 2 day passes, for Wednesday and Thursday. The rain sure put a damper on my daughters birthday trip, and we’re still drying out.

I know this is a dumb question, but does Disney not offer anything in exchange for the fact that we lost out on HOURS of park time? We had 2 day passes, for Wednesday and Thursday. The rain sure put a damper on my daughters birthday trip, and we’re still drying out.
I think you would have needed to address this prior to using portions of the ticket. If you no longer felt you would get your money’s worth due to the decreased hours, going to guest services before you entered the park (at least on Thursday when the hours were announced before park opening) would have been the time to ask. It was made known Wed what the park hours were Thursday and each guest needed to choose if it was worth it to them to go.

Asking afterwards is probably too late.

Disney did offer extensions to guests who had unused days on their tickets due to the storm.

I think that with any park, Disney or otherwise, itl
I think you would have needed to address this prior to using portions of the ticket. If you no longer felt you would get your money’s worth due to the decreased hours, going to guest services before you entered the park (at least on Thursday when the hours were announced before park opening) would have been the time to ask. It was made known Wed what the park hours were Thursday and each guest needed to choose if it was worth it to them to go.

Asking afterwards is probably too late.

Disney did offer extensions to guests who had unused days on their tickets due to the storm.

True, and I was going to say that, at any park, I think there’s an assumption of risk on the part of guests - decent weather obviously can’t be guaranteed by Disney or anyone. It’s a matter of luck. I think they could have been a little more generous when I extended my stay by one day by not charging me full price iao $474…

We were staying at Portofino Bay at UO on Thursday/Friday. Plans got all mucked - ended up flying into Miami and driving up. Didn't get to hotel until after park closing. Lost a day in park (which was staged opening) and use of EP Unlimited.

Got a hold of guest services on Twitter and asked if they could help. We are going back to UO on Tuesday and they verified our Tix weren't used on Thursday. They have us EP on Tuesday for our park day!

we were there this week and rode out the storm at beach club villas. this thread was super helpful!

is anyone going to call guest services and try to get the expiration for partially used tickets extended? we have 4 days left and were already planning to return november 2023. wondering if it's even worth a shot?

we were there this week and rode out the storm at beach club villas. this thread was super helpful!

is anyone going to call guest services and try to get the expiration for partially used tickets extended? we have 4 days left and were already planning to return november 2023. wondering if it's even worth a shot?
They’ve already announced that they will, extending the expiration through (I believe) the end of next year.

They’ve already announced that they will, extending the expiration through (I believe) the end of next year.

they extended partially used tickets through 9/30/2023, but i'm hoping to nudge that into november 2023.

i called yesterday, and they said they're not considering extending...extensions at this time, but to check back when i have reservation in hand.

Did anyone have their unused tickets automatically extended? My daughter went with a group of 4 girls. 2 of the girls arrived Tuesday ( day before Ian ) and my daughter and another girl were supposed to arrive late Wednesday. All 4 girls were staying in the same room. Obviously my daughters flight and the other girls flight were canceled. She couldn’t get a flight in until Saturday morning. She ended up using 2 of her 3 tickets. She missed her Friday park day. I called today to find out why the Friday park ticket wasn’t extended. First I was told it was because she used it 🤦‍♀️ I explained she wasn’t even in Florida yet to have used it. Then they said they were only extending tickets that were reserved for Wednesday and Thursday because those days had shortened park hours. I gave up with the phone person. She flew home Monday, so she wasn’t able to use that third ticket at all. Should I try calling again? Or were they only extending the Weds/Thurs tickets? Thanks for reading this far 😃

Or were they only extending the Weds/Thurs tickets?
My understanding is WDW extended any tickets with a "validity window" impacted by the Wed/Thurs time period. It sounds like your daughter originally planned to arrive on Wednesday but got pushed to Saturday. Did she modify her tickets at all? If her tickets were still a Wednesday start-date then the unused day should be extended.

( day before Ian )
assuming you mean Nicole not Ian...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter