• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Preparing for Monday's free dining

robfamily

Mouseketeer
I am excited that it looks like we can book our trip on Monday. I am a visa cardholder. If free dining is announced for Monday what is the best way to book it? Should I call in or book online? What time can I book it? Is there any thing that I need like a code to get the free dining offer?

I am excited that it looks like we can book our trip on Monday. I am a visa cardholder. If free dining is announced for Monday what is the best way to book it? Should I call in or book online? What time can I book it? Is there any thing that I need like a code to get the free dining offer?

IF FD is released on Monday for D Visa card holders you will have to call starting at 7AM EDT. Tell the CM that you want to book the FD promo and that you have the Disney Visa card, you will have to put a $200 deposit on the card. Watch the boards (main thread is on Restaurant section) to see if others are posting that FD is a go. Sometimes the CM are not aware of the promo so main need to ask them to check. Remember it's just a rumor that its Monday.

have alternate resorts, room types ready in case your first choice is not available.

Good Luck, I plan to be in the middle of the craziness this time next year

I have to work so I will have to wait till I get home around 5pm....it's gonna kill me all day. Those of you who are able to call at 7am are lucky!!!!!

I will be calling Monday morning too but to put those that can't at ease - while it was several years ago - we have gone twice with free dining and never called the day it was announced. On the last trip for a holiday stay, I checked in the fall and there was a free dining promo which we were able to get without a problem well after it had been released. I'm hoping for all of us that as long as there is flexibility in lodging choices and maybe even a little wiggle room in your dates - we'll all at least get something that we are happy with. (And just in case I have a No Free Dining back-up plan too!) Hopefully we'll know more Monday. Good luck!

Quick question regarding the Free dining offer... We have always taken the room discount instead when it was a choice, but we are thinking of doing the free dining this time. Are we required to purchase a minimum amount of theme park tickets with this offer? Thanks!

Quick question regarding the Free dining offer... We have always taken the room discount instead when it was a choice, but we are thinking of doing the free dining this time. Are we required to purchase a minimum amount of theme park tickets with this offer? Thanks!

Yes. In the last it has been 2 per person.

One other thing that people ought to keep in mind... there is a rumor going around that Park Hoppers will need to be added this year to qualify for free Dining. This, added to the price of a non-discounted room, up the price quite a bit, depending on the length of stay.

Just something to keep in mind when running numbers.

I would love to do FD for my August trip, but I was just told that I can't apply the AP discount and free dining at the same time.

Correct. One or the other. No stacking.

Well the savings I'm getting on the resort rate is more than the savings from free dining. Plus with CL it kind of makes breakfast, afternoon and evening snacks covered so free dinner really wouldn't be worth it.

if you had to add park hopper that is really taking down the value. we wouldn't add it otherwise. i would rather the 30% off discount but who knows if that will come out?? so far it looks like it will, but for us the Grand Floridian is not an option without the 30% off or free dining.

Originally I had thought of doing AKL CL with bounce back versus FD however in our case of two adults who love to eat we felt the Caribbean beach resort pool or water view with dining was better. Was only 2100 for 2 day hoppers (likely will use to upgrade to premier passport) versus nearly 4k before airfare.

I think value depends on so much and i figured worst case I have plenty of time to cancel worst case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter