prepaid visa cards

PRINCESS VIJA

Viva Latvia!
I have a couple of prepaid visa cards I've gotten as gifts. You know the kind that you can buy at Walmart for $100.

Any problem using those in the parks?

We once got ones for our kids from Wells Fargo that said "A Gift For You" where the name would usually go. A CM in MK asked DH to show matching ID in order to confirm he was "A Gift For You".:confused:

One issue i have read is that you have to keep track off the balance since if you want to max it out you have know exactly how much is left. And some charge a fee if you call .

I wonder if you can use it to buy a Disney gift card?

One issue i have read is that you have to keep track off the balance since if you want to max it out you have know exactly how much is left. And some charge a fee if you call .

I wonder if you can use it to buy a Disney gift card?

I used one last year. It worked fine until I tried to use more than my balance. The CM explained that I could call the 800 number on the card to get a balance, and make sure I charged exactly that or less or it would be denied.

Your suggestion of buying a Disney gift card is perfect! With those, the receipt prints out your remaining balance and CMs can check it for you. You can also reload whenever you want at a checkout. I think it's the perfect card to use in the parks, after the KTTW with charging.

One of the great tips I found on Dis is to purchase Disney gift cards at Target. We used our Target red card & got 5% off....we had another 5% off coupon from using the pharmacy, so each $100 Disney gift card costs us $90.25. They work great to help the kids pay for their souvenirs and to keep them within budget.

We did Disney gift cards too but they don't take them at the store in Japan at Epcot. Mitsukoshi, I think its called.

My kids spend more money there on Pokémon and candy then anywhere else.

This year we will just let them charge it to the room, then pay it off with gift cards.

We did Disney gift cards too but they don't take them at the store in Japan at Epcot. Mitsukoshi, I think its called.

Good to know since DD and I always get pearls there.

Been checking online and most of the other gift cards out there have a $500 max. Disney's gift card is the biggest at $1000, but DH only wants to carry a few cards in the parks.

Just a thought....

I have a rebate prepaid VISA card I plan to use this trip (leaving tomorrow!). On the information sheet that came with the card, it states that the merchant may try to authorize 20% of your bill to cover gratuity. Therefore, I will not use it to purchase food or services; only merchandise.

I have had a problem with these types of cards in the past. For example: several years ago I went to a nail salon and used a prepaid VISA card to pay my bill. 20% of the value came off of the card automatically as gratuity without my knowledge. My advice to you is read the fine print BEFORE you purchase the cards.

I have a couple of prepaid visa cards I've gotten as gifts. You know the kind that you can buy at Walmart for $100.

Any problem using those in the parks?

No there isn't a problem w using those cards as stated by pp's and I personally ran into the "charging more than you have on the card" issue. Annoying bc they charged my visa AND my kttw! (were good about refunding me promptly tho) What I hadn't realized at the time was that you can just charge things to your kttw card and then go to the concierge the day bf you check out with the Visa cards or Disney gift cards and pay off the balance. I will definitely be doing that instead of trying to keep track of gift cards next time!

Good to know since DD and I always get pearls there.

Been checking online and most of the other gift cards out there have a $500 max. Disney's gift card is the biggest at $1000, but DH only wants to carry a few cards in the parks.

Why just charge to the room and use the gift cards to pay for those charges? Just do this the day before checking out. Then you don't have to worry about what's the balance I the gift cards. My daughter was given 4 Disney gift cards from family members for Christmas and instead of me trying to keep track of which card has which balance she knew she had a total of $250 to spend. She didn't spend it all and was happy with the cash I gave her for using the cards on my purchases.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter