Prepaid Photopass + now offered at DL

I went to the Main Street photo supply store on Saturday to exchange my PP Plus voucher. There were no lines, but the CMs had no idea how to process my voucher and spent a lot of time calling supervisors, reading instructions, thinking, discussing, etc. before finally ringing it up. Very annoying to waste 15-20 minutes of parktime while they "trained." They kept telling me that PP Plus was very new, so they didn't know how to handle it. (The cashier didn't even know what PP Plus was and asked me all sorts of questions about how much it cost, what it provided, etc.)

Ugh! I wish they had just taken my voucher, given me the PP Plus card, and figured out how to ring it up on their own.

Thanks for the heads up. I was thinking of getting the card there, might change my plans now.

Woo hoo! Just ordered mine...one step closer to our trip. And thanks, OP, this is a great deal :)

Does anyone know if there are photographers inside minnie's breakfast at the park vue that walk around with the characters taking pics or do we have to hunt them down and drag them to our table for a photo?

Does anyone know if there are photographers inside minnie's breakfast at the park vue that walk around with the characters taking pics or do we have to hunt them down and drag them to our table for a photo?

The Photopass photographer will take a picture of your party when you arrive to the character meal. This photo will be part of the print packageyou get and the digital image is added to your Photopass +. The PP photographers do not take character photos durning the meal. You will want to have your own camera for that....at least that was how it was when I went to Minnie's in April.

We paid for our photopass at Minnies breakfast when they brought us our photos on our first morning. It was very painless.

I went to the Main Street photo supply store on Saturday to exchange my PP Plus voucher. There were no lines, but the CMs had no idea how to process my voucher and spent a lot of time calling supervisors, reading instructions, thinking, discussing, etc. before finally ringing it up. Very annoying to waste 15-20 minutes of parktime while they "trained." They kept telling me that PP Plus was very new, so they didn't know how to handle it. (The cashier didn't even know what PP Plus was and asked me all sorts of questions about how much it cost, what it provided, etc.)

Ugh! I wish they had just taken my voucher, given me the PP Plus card, and figured out how to ring it up on their own.

That's annoying.

Is there somewhere we can turn in the voucher in Downtown Disney or outside the parks? I'd like to redeem mine the night we arrive, our first morning will be MM so I don't want to waste time with PP on the way to Fantasy Land. I assume any pictures taken before I get the PP+ card can be added to my account later though, right?

Mine arrived quickly too, it was sent UPS 2nd day. I think it took less than 5 days from when I ordered it.

I just got my photopass today in the mail, ordered June 28th and got it July 2!

Does Goofy's Kitchen do voucher exchanges for the photopass or do I have to exchange first at the park?

That's annoying.

Is there somewhere we can turn in the voucher in Downtown Disney or outside the parks? I'd like to redeem mine the night we arrive, our first morning will be MM so I don't want to waste time with PP on the way to Fantasy Land. I assume any pictures taken before I get the PP+ card can be added to my account later though, right?
I second this. I want my card right away so I don't have to bother adding the ride photos later, but that first hour or so that the park opens is golden and I don't want to waste it standing in line for my card.

Has anyone used it yet on the ride photos? How is it working out?

Also one of Disney's facebook quotes says that the "card holder" has to add the ride photos. The card doesn't actually have your name on it or anything does it? Certainly if my DH is currently holding it he can use it can't he?

Just got our voucher and stock photo CD in the mail last week. Really like the idea of getting the character dining and ride photos on the photopass CD so I can't wait to try this out when we go in October.

Personally, I am hoping to go to Goofy's Kitchen on friday (yes, in just 3 days :yay:) rather than waist the time in the park trying to get it. I really hope this works as slick as it is suppose to. Sounds like the cm's are not really up to speed on it...and if that is the case, I am not sure how easy it will be to use. I mean, we get the photos from the dinning, right? If they cms don't know about the pp + it will be interesting to see how they handle it.

That's annoying.

Mine arrived quickly too, it was sent UPS 2nd day. I think it took less than 5 days from when I ordered it.

I just got my photopass today in the mail, ordered June 28th and got it July 2!

Does Goofy's Kitchen do voucher exchanges for the photopass or do I have to exchange first at the park?

[
I second this. I want my card right away so I don't have to bother adding the ride photos later, but that first hour or so that the park opens is golden and I don't want to waste it standing in line for my card.

Has anyone used it yet on the ride photos? How is it working out?

Also one of Disney's facebook quotes says that the "card holder" has to add the ride photos. The card doesn't actually have your name on it or anything does it? Certainly if my DH is currently holding it he can use it can't he?

Personally, I am hoping to go to Goofy's Kitchen on friday (yes, in just 3 days :yay:) rather than waist the time in the park trying to get it. I really hope this works as slick as it is suppose to. Sounds like the cm's are not really up to speed on it...and if that is the case, I am not sure how easy it will be to use. I mean, we get the photos from the dinning, right? If they cms don't know about the pp + it will be interesting to see how they handle it.

You can exchange your voucher at the character meals, except for Storytellers Cafe, or at the photo shops in each park.

You can start collecting photos on a regular photopass photocard right away no need to rush to a meal or store to exchange the vouchers first. All photos collected on regular photopass cards can be put into the same photopass account as the plus pictures. You do need the Plus Card in hand when you want to add the on ride photos or meal photos into your photopass account.

It says this to make something clear. All the photos that you can only get with the plus option must be added to the plus card.

All the regular PP photos can be added to any other card.

When you go online and add the PP+ card it will add the plus photos and any other PP photos. Then you can add in multiple regular PP cards. All of the pictures will go into your account.

What it comes down to is:
You only get one PP+ Card.
The PP+ card can only be used to collect photos for 14 days.
The PP+ card can be used at non traditional PP locations where photos are taken like on rides, at meals and BBB.
While you can pick up a regular PP card for free from any PP Photographer, a PP+ card has to be purchased before use.

I hope the people adding the ride photos aren't as uneducated about PP+ as the Main Street Photography people were! As anyone tried adding their ride photo? How did that go?

ValpoCory said:
Keep in mind that it is free to participate in some PhotoPass activities without buying anything. You can have PhotoPass photographers all around the parks take your picture, see them online, and share them with family and friends.

What you are buying with the PhotoPass is a PhotoCD and the right to make prints of the photos. What you are buying with the PhotoPass+ is that plus ride and dining photos. And if you buy the PhotoPass+ package ahead of time, you get it at the same price as the regular PhotoCD.

Valpocory, thanks for the concise explanation. Very helpful.

I hope the people adding the ride photos aren't as uneducated about PP+ as the Main Street Photography people were! As anyone tried adding their ride photo? How did that go?

We didn't have any problems adding the ride photos to the PP Plus card. The only problem was at the Main Street Photo shop. I wish we could have exchanged the voucher for the PP Plus card before going into the parks, but we didn't have a character meal planned at Goofy's etc.

Overall, the PP Plus card was a good experience; I was just annoyed by the lengthy "training" at the Main Street Photo shop and the CMs' explanations that the PP Plus was very new (two weeks old) and so they needed to learn how to use it. It would have been easy to buy a PP Plus card at the photo shop; the difficulty was using the voucher.

We didn't have any problems adding the ride photos to the PP Plus card. The only problem was at the Main Street Photo shop. I wish we could have exchanged the voucher for the PP Plus card before going into the parks, but we didn't have a character meal planned at Goofy's etc.

Overall, the PP Plus card was a good experience; I was just annoyed by the lengthy "training" at the Main Street Photo shop and the CMs' explanations that the PP Plus was very new (two weeks old) and so they needed to learn how to use it. It would have been easy to buy a PP Plus card at the photo shop; the difficulty was using the voucher.

Ok, thanks for breaking them in! :rotfl: We are actually arriving in the afternoon on our first day so we will have time to take care of things like that without wasting morning time.

Okay I may have to dig through my recycling bags. To order the CD do we get a code with the photpass + card/voucher or was their a code somewhere else in the packaging? Luckily I missed garbage day last week :rotfl:

Okay I may have to dig through my recycling bags. To order the CD do we get a code with the photpass + card/voucher or was their a code somewhere else in the packaging? Luckily I missed garbage day last week :rotfl:

The voucher you bring to the park looks like a rectangle coupon. (mine was taped to the front of the case. The code for the CD is in the inserts of the CD case. Mine was in the folded insert, printed in the literature. Unfold the insert and you should see it.

The voucher you bring to the park looks like a rectangle coupon. (mine was taped to the front of the case. The code for the CD is in the inserts of the CD case. Mine was in the folded insert, printed in the literature. Unfold the insert and you should see it.

Found it thanks :goodvibes I hadn't looked in there because the case is pretty smashed and opening it is kinda a pain in the bum.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter