Prep for Orange Lake resort stay

mommymills

Earning My Ears
Booked for 8/22-8/31. Any suggestions on a restaurant to stop at for lunch before check in. We are renting a car from MCO. We will also need to stop for groceries. What are the best bets? This is our first stay off Disney Property! Thanks for the help in advance!

Is it located on W Irlo Bronson? I stayed at a condo past a resort called Orange Lakes this past week, if its the same one then there is a Publix nearby that was very nice. Lots of dining options on that stretch of 192, Walgreens and Target nearby also.

yes that's the one! Thanks! Hope it is a good choice. Hope you enjoyed your visit. I miss Disney! Our last trip was Christmas 2009. We did a five day cruise on the Wonder Summer 2010 but did not do the parks. I am a single mom and we moved into our new house this past summer so we had to save our pennies the past couple years. Ready to party this summer!

Oh yes, Millers Ale house would get my vote, I haven't been to the one near Orange Lakes but the one on International Dr was very good, keep in mind it has a bar if that is important to you since it appears you have a younger child, but the atmosphere is similar to Applebees ie not a rowdy type place.

yes that's the one! Thanks! Hope it is a good choice. Hope you enjoyed your visit. I miss Disney! Our last trip was Christmas 2009. We did a five day cruise on the Wonder Summer 2010 but did not do the parks. I am a single mom and we moved into our new house this past summer so we had to save our pennies the past couple years. Ready to party this summer!

Our visit was awesome! I can't imagine having to wait so long between trips, in fact I was just down (onsite) in late october/early november and was having such bad withdrawal that in January I decided I just HAD to go for spring break, taking a 5 yr old, 14 yr old and 73 yr old ............and we all survived! We only went to MK 1 day but that was for about 15 hours (total ) , we had to take a short break at the condo but all of us went to the park from 7am-2pm then 7pm to 12:30 am!!!! I am too old for that for sure.

Upstate NY is my other "home away from home", but several hours from you, Elmira-Corning region, I have friends up there and travel up almost every month for a week, I missed April due to the Spring break trip.

My brother had a condo at Orange Lakes until last year, he sold it to a friend of my mother's so my mother goes down there 1-2 times a year, she said its a very nice place. There are plenty of restaurants and shopping opportunities along 192 and going in the opposite direction there are even more choices, I usually stay on the east side but have found the west side to be just as nice. If there are any specific establishments you are looking for let me know and I can tell you if I have seen it and about where it is.

You have a few months left to plan, that is so much fun, I spent hours and hours researching my fall trip but this past trip was pretty much fly by the seat of my pants (not normal for me) except for 2 reservations - TRex (the 5 yr old loves it) and RainForest Cafe (my NY friend and I love it).

It depends on what kind of food you like. Longhorn Steakhouse is an option.

I still have to try Millers Ale house. It is always crowded, so it must be good.

Miller's and Applebee's are near the entrance to Orange Lake. Olive Garden across the street lots of choices. Miller's was great and we had 7 kids with our group. It's a bar but fine.

Make sure you do the gator show. It was only $5 and you got a pic with a gator. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter