Prenatal Massages?

PandL

Earning My Ears
Hubs and I got a surprise this past month and we are expecting. Luckily we just make the 24 week mark and will not have to reschedule our cruise.

I had planned on treating myself to one of the vista spa experience, but does anyone know if they do pre-natal massages? Does anyone have any experience with the spa treatments that are available for pregnant woman?

TIA.

I've never seen anything about pregnancy massage/treatment. Given the small number of people who cruise pregnant and the limitations on how far along you can be, I doubt they have anything specific.

I'm not sure I'd trust a masseuse onboard if I were pregnant but to each their own.

Thats what I expected. This is the 2nd babe so I am sure I am a little bit more relaxed than a first time mom would be.

I am excited about cruising pregnant. It will be the first time in my adult life I can strut in a bikini and not be self conscious. I also won't have to have any guilt about all of the deserts and snacks I will be eating. Plus what better of a week for a pregnant woman than relaxing on the ocean.

Hit post too soon.....

I've had prenatal massages (not on DCL, but at WDW). They have special pillows that go under your belly.

Thank you Bree. I figured I could ask the spa directly on board. It was just one thing that I was looking forward to and would be bummed to miss out on it. As a mom I am sure you know how sacred the precious moments alone would be ;)

Luckily I will be 22 weeks when we cruise so I will be over the 1st trimester hump. (and hopefully all of the nauseousness that comes with it)

I asked on the Magic a couple weeks ago. The tour guide in the spa said she was unsure if anyone was certified and they never got back to me. Cruising while pregnant was amazing! Have a great time!

I cruised on NCL 24 weeks pregnant and they were much more strict than DCL seems to be. I wasn't allowed ANY spa treatments, not even a pedicure. Also, most excursions wouldn't allow me, unless it was the dreaded "island tour". Also, know that there basically isn't any cruise insurance that covers pregnancy complications. I even looked into the pricey "cancel for any reason"... pregnancy doesn't fall under "any" it seems. So if you're looking into insurance call them & speak with someone about specifics.

Other than that I LOVED cruising pregnant and having the option of a spa treatment on DCL would make it all the better. I brought my leftover zofran from my DAY-sickness just in case pregnancy made me suddenly susceptible to motion sickness, but I was fine. No issues.

Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter