Premium Plan for One Night Just for the Tours, LaNouba, etc.??

Hi everyone!

I first looked at this thread a few days ago. I have been planning a trip for my family this Christmas. I have been slowly making my way through the thread and trying to plan out how to do a 1 day platinum. Here are my questions:

Since we will be there at Christmas are there any restrictions during that time?

Also we would be staying at POP with the DP, and then going to WL for the one night. When pricing it out, it is cheaper just to stay at POP for the 11 days and have another reservation at WL for one night. Is that possible? Can you have two reservations at two resorts for the same stay?

Sorry if these questions have been asked, I'm still back on page 15!:)

Would you be going back to Pop after your 1 night at WL? The only thing I can think of is if you go back to pop, you are then required to buy at least a 1 day ticket again if you get a package with dining plan. So that might be more than the cost of just staying at Pop???

I'm just estimating here:

4 one day tickets $84 x 4 = $336
vs.
Pop one night stay during Christmas $150 (???? don't really know how much)

Maggie

We aren't planning on riding any rides or anything. We have been to Disney enough to not mind that.

I am not sure what else I could pack in there. It seems to me the timing doesn't allow it. I guess we could get up at the crack of dawn to do a fishing excursion or golf or something before the tours, but DH wouldn't be so thrilled with that. We've already seen La Nouba and don't really feel the need to go back.

I have looked at the V&A menus and have read many reviews. I think I could find something for most courses that would be ok. None of the amuse boche (sp??) look good though. I would feel bad leaving something so nice left untouched. I could maybe get DH to eat it, but I think he will have enough of a time to eat all his own stuff! I'm considering it though, just for the experience since we have the opportunity.

The AK IPO emailed me today since I booked the package yesterday. So time to get down to some serious planning. Any other suggestions are welcome.

Maggie

Actually, the plan you have is well balanced IMO. One of the dangers in doing this "Uber" plan approach is when you start feeling like you are leaving some money on the table, you start booking based on cost. Don't forget, this is your trip for your enjoyment. In running the numbers, you have about $1700 in value out of the Plat plan... so if you are more comfortable using a meal for cheap breakfast, or would LOVE Jiko and only maybe like V&A, don't worry about it :thumbsup2

YOu are very wise in viewing this as an "opportunity" to do something you may never do again, just don't feel pressured to do it becasue you get more $$ out of your plan.... have fun! :)

BTW, if you don't really touch something at V&A, you won't be the first... don't worry about it too much

Well, I told DH last night what I was planning. The first words out of his mouth were, "How much is this going to cost?" :rolleyes1;) But then I explained it all to him and told him the actual prices of some of these activities. He then said, "I no longer think you are wasting our money." :eek:

I then asked him if he was interested in doing Victoria and Alberts. We looked at the menu and also looked at some food reviews. He said, "Sign me up!" He also wants to do the wine pairings, even though that is extra. I laughed at how he came around full circle during our conversation!! :)

Maggie

Oops! I posted above before I saw this post :cool2:

Sounds like you have a plan now!
I actually took another look at your plan and you might have one glitch... I take it you are going to the spa while DH is going to play a round of golf? You only have 3 1/2 hours to play a round of golf and make it to Narcoosee's, and that is pretty short. Guess it depends on how fast he can play a round, and on whether the course is busy.

Hi everyone!

I first looked at this thread a few days ago. I have been planning a trip for my family this Christmas. I have been slowly making my way through the thread and trying to plan out how to do a 1 day platinum. Here are my questions:

Since we will be there at Christmas are there any restrictions during that time?

Also we would be staying at POP with the DP, and then going to WL for the one night. When pricing it out, it is cheaper just to stay at POP for the 11 days and have another reservation at WL for one night. Is that possible? Can you have two reservations at two resorts for the same stay?

Sorry if these questions have been asked, I'm still back on page 15!:)

Hi Jenna...

Being there at Christmas shouldn't be a problem. In fact it might be nice because it adds a couple of tours that aren't there at other times. (I would love to do Holiday D-Lights)

Yes, you can stack a second reservation on an existing one. You would have to go to WL and check in to get your KTTW card and your Plat package. You can then spend the night there, or go back to POP if it's more convenient. Keep in mind, you will have 11 days on your original DDP that you will have to use up in less time since you are doing the Plat dining in the middle of it. This is doable, but may be a LOT of food over 11 days. :)
If you don't use the whole DDP, you might want to calculate the cost of 1-day DDP into the overall Plat plan you have to see if it is still a value to you. It defnitely can be done :thumbsup2

Have fun!!

Hi Jenna...

Being there at Christmas shouldn't be a problem. In fact it might be nice because it adds a couple of tours that aren't there at other times. (I would love to do Holiday D-Lights)

Yes, you can stack a second reservation on an existing one. You would have to go to WL and check in to get your KTTW card and your Plat package. You can then spend the night there, or go back to POP if it's more convenient. Keep in mind, you will have 11 days on your original DDP that you will have to use up in less time since you are doing the Plat dining in the middle of it. This is doable, but may be a LOT of food over 11 days. :)
If you don't use the whole DDP, you might want to calculate the cost of 1-day DDP into the overall Plat plan you have to see if it is still a value to you. It defnitely can be done :thumbsup2

Have fun!!

Thanks so much for your help! I know we would be left with a lot of food credits, but we might use those for the CP package, or maybe a signature restaurant during Christmas.

This would be our first time going during the crazy Christmas season, and the idea of having two days to do some things that otherwise we might not be able to do would be fantastic!

I read through the entire thread finally, and now my head is spinning!:rotfl2:

If I have a reservation at POP for the entire stay and then go to WL for one night on the platinum plan:

What kind of park tickets would I need for the platinum stay? I assume I could not use the park tickets from POP. So would I need 1 or 2 day basic tickets? We would definately use the plan to go to two different parks for either tours/dinner.

Also since I would have two room keys for different reservations could I use the POP key for a CS meal while I was staying at the WL?

I am now going back and re-reading everyone's itinaries for suggestions on how to plan the days!

I have a pin code for october. We are looking at Oct 24-28th 2011 with a premium night on the 25. Staying t POR (nothing booked yet)

No car so we take Disney buses/Monorail. S comments on timings we help.

Want opinions on this proposed itinerary:
Day 1 Tuesday Oct 25th
8:30 to 1:30 - Keys to Kingdom tour
5:00 Leave for Ft. Wilderness
6:00 Portrait Sesson at Ft Wilderness
7:00 Hay Ride at Ft Wilderness
7:30 Leave for contemporary
8:00 Dinner at California Grill
10:30 leave for POR gor the night

Day 2 Wednesdsay Oct 26

7:00 to 9:00 - EPCOT Around the World Segway Maybe 8:30 tour due to transpotation to epcot early in te morning.
10:00 Leave for FT Wilderness
11:30-1:30 Wilderness Back Trail Adventure Segway Tour
1:45 - Leave for Hollywood Studios
2:30 - Brown Derby Lunch
4L40 Leave for DTD
5:30 Check-in for La Nouba
6pm-7:30 La Nouba
7:45 Leave for Epcot
8:30 Le Cellier Dinner

If I have a reservation at POP for the entire stay and then go to WL for one night on the platinum plan:

What kind of park tickets would I need for the platinum stay? I assume I could not use the park tickets from POP. So would I need 1 or 2 day basic tickets? We would definately use the plan to go to two different parks for either tours/dinner.

Also since I would have two room keys for different reservations could I use the POP key for a CS meal while I was staying at the WL?

I am now going back and re-reading everyone's itinaries for suggestions on how to plan the days!

Here is my understanding - I haven't done the plan yet myself, I'm still in the planning stages (though I made nearly all of my reservations for recreation last night!). You *must* buy at least a 1-day ticket in order to get the Platinum plan. If you are already going to be there, it is more cost effective to purchase a longer duration ticket with your first package (at the POP) than to buy a 2-day ticket for your Platinum stay. I believe you CAN still use your tickets from your POP stay to enter the parks on your Platinum days - the tickets are yours once you buy them and they just have to be used within 14 days (unless you added no expiration) - there is no requirement that you must be in your original hotel or on your original plan to get into the parks with those tickets.

You can actually have them separate your tickets from your room card if you want, but I don't think that is totally necessary.

Yes, you should be able to use your POP key during your Platinum stay at the WL for a meal - we are sort of counting on doing that ourselves too. Again, those entitlements are yours until midnight of the day you check out.

For us, we are actually doing 3 separate reservations, all at the Poly - the first one will include 10 day Park Hoppers, which will last us our entire trip. After 5 nights, we will check out from that package and right back in with our Platinum package for one night (with a 1 day, 1 park ticket). Then for the last 6 nights, we have booked room only.

I have a pin code for october. We are looking at Oct 24-28th 2011 with a premium night on the 25. Staying t POR (nothing booked yet)

Day 1 Tuesday Oct 25th

Day 2 Wednesdsay Oct 26

7:00 to 9:00 - EPCOT Around the World Segway Maybe 8:30 tour due to transpotation to epcot early in te morning.
4L40 Leave for DTD

Having not done the tours or anything myself, I just have a couple of comments or suggestions. Have you priced out a stay at Wilderness Lodge with your code? Just wondering since you have several activities planned in that area - it might be more convenient (but I have no idea what the price difference would be).

If this were my plan, I think I would want to allow a bit more time for travel. For example, the hay ride is about 45 minutes long, right? I wouldn't expect to be able to get off the hay ride, down to the boat dock, right onto a waiting boat, and straight over to the Contemporary, KWIM? I would probably make my California Grill reservation for a little later - maybe 8:30 or so, just to build in a few more minutes of cushion.

On your 2nd day, if you do the 8:30 Segway tour, you won't be finished until around 10:30, so your time isn't 7 to 9 (or even 10), more like 8 to 11. You could always try for the earlier tour and get a cab to EPCOT (never done this myself). I don't know how long the Disney bus will take to get from EPCOT to Ft.Wilderness, but it seems like 30 minutes may not be quite enough to make it there for an 11:30 tour.

Also, in our past experiences, transportation to DTD is so S-L-O-W. I think it took DH about 1.5 hours to get there from AS Sports the last time we attempted the buses. Definitely NOT the position you want to be in if you're trying to make it to La Nouba. I don't know if there are any buses that leave directly from the Studios or not (that are headed to DTD). Isn't there a boat that goes from POR to DTD? You just might look at your transportation options and timing for that. Again, maybe a cab would be a better option to get you there rather than Disney transportation.

Hopefully those with a little more experience will chime in too - hope you have a great trip! :goodvibes

Regarding Victoria and Albert's, it's very unlikely you'll be able to make a reservation for the next night once you are there. There are only a few tables in the restaurant and they book up pretty quickly. The menu does change seasonally but take a look at this link to get a good idea of the types of things they serve. You choose 1 selection from each course. Keep in mind some of choices have an upcharge (listed on the menu) that is not covered by the platinum plan. http://victoria-alberts.com/pdf/diningmenuf.pdf

I love Victoria and Albert's and wouldn't dream of doing platinum without going there, but its not for everyone. Next time if we take my dad, I doubt I'll recommend it for him! :)

I agree. I left the place full, but a little annoyed. I know the food takes 3-3.5 hours, but by the second hour we were ready to go home. Yet, as most people will tell you it's not just about the food, but also the experience. Either way the food is largely very good (and I mean VERY good); though maybe not for those who don't have an eclectic palate.

Day 1 Tuesday Oct 25th

Day 2 Wednesdsay Oct 26

4L40 Leave for DTD

Have you ever been on a Segway before? Everyone in our Epcot group said their feet hurt after riding. I asked our guide and she said it has something to do with balancing differently than you are used to. Two segway tours in a row might be super painful. I just thought you should know. :goodvibes

Have you ever been on a Segway before? Everyone in our Epcot group said their feet hurt after riding. I asked our guide and she said it has something to do with balancing differently than you are used to. Two segway tours in a row might be super painful. I just thought you should know. :goodvibes

I've done both segway tours... and I can tell you that the Fort Wilderness Tour was long and your feet do hurt after a while. I don't know that I would do both those tours on the same day. They can be done but it might just wipe you out for the rest of the day.

Happy Planning!!

~Nannette

I've done both segway tours... and I can tell you that the Fort Wilderness Tour was long and your feet do hurt after a while. I don't know that I would do both those tours on the same day. They can be done but it might just wipe you out for the rest of the day.

Happy Planning!!

~Nannette

We've done both as well and for some reason my feet hurt more after the Epcot tour. Maybe the off-roading segways were more cushy??

You only need a 1day basic ticket. You could use it on the dame day as you use your other MYW ticket to do 2 parks, but you can also just save that ticket and cash it in next year... or whenever you go back again. The 14 day window only kicks in once you have activated the ticket. You could use it to apply to next trip tickets :)

Yes, they are 2 separate ressies, and your KTTW card will have the info on it for each package.

Have fun planning!

Here's the detailed breakdown (just a bit OCD) for my platinum plan. We'll start out staying at the Wilderness Lodge (me and the wife) and then move to Pop Century. I should say my wife and I have been to WDW many times so we're interested in doing things we've never done before. We'll also have a rental car (I hate the bus system).

Day 1 - 2:00PM to 3:00PM - Drive to Wilderness Lodge from airport
Day 1 - 3:00PM - Checkin to Wilderness Lodge (room only - no park tickets)
Day 1 - 4:00PM - Take boat to Polynesian
Day 1 - 4:45PM to 6:15PM - Dinner at Kona Cafe (pay out of pocket)
Day 1 - 6:15PM to 7:00PM - Take monorail to MK
Day 1 - 7:00PM to 12:00AM - MNSSHP (most likely won't stay until midnight)

Day 2 - 7:00AM - Start Platinum Package, pick up new room keys (one day park ticket - no hopping)
Day 2 - 7:15AM to 8:00AM - Use snack credits for breakfast
Day 2 - 8:00AM to 8:45AM - Drive to Epcot
Day 2 - 8:45AM to 9:00AM - Checkin for Back Stage Magic Tour
Day 2 - 9:00AM to 4:00PM - Back Stage Magic Tour ($487.78)
Day 2 - 4:00PM to 5:30PM - Return to Wilderness Lodge, get ready for dinner
Day 2 - 5:30PM to 6:00PM - Take boat/drive to Grand Floridian
Day 2 - 6:00PM to 9:00PM - Dinner at Victoria and Albert's ($250.00)
Day 2 - 9:15PM to 10:45PM - Wishes Cruise ($346.13)
Day 2 - 10:45PM to 11:00PM - Take boat/drive to Wilderness Lodge

Day 3 - 6:00AM to 6:30AM - Drive to Yacht Club & valet park/grab snack (wife sleeps in)
Day 3 - 6:30AM to 7:00AM - Checkin for bass fishing
Day 3 - 7:00AM to 9:00AM - Bass fishing ($270)
Day 3 - 9:00AM to 9:15AM - Walk to Living Seas Pavilion (end bass fishing early if necessary - use package park ticket)
Day 3 - 9:15AM to 9:45AM - Checkin for Dolphins in Depth (meet up with wife)
Day 3 - 9:45AM to 12:45PM - Dolphins in Depth Tour ($413.22)
Day 3 - 12:45PM to 1:15PM - Walk to Le Cellier
Day 3 - 1:15PM to 2:45PM - Lunch at Le Cellier ($92.00)
Day 3 - 2:45PM to 3:15PM - Walk to Yacht Club
Day 3 - 3:15PM to 3:45PM - Checkin for massage
Day 3 - 3:45PM to 4:45PM - Massage ($240.00)
Day 3 - 4:45PM to 5:30PM - Drive to DTD
Day 3 - 5:30PM to 6:00PM - Pickup La Nouba tickets
Day 3 - 6:00PM to 7:30PM - La Nouba ($174.00)
Day 3 - 7:30PM to 8:15PM - Walk to Fulton's Crab House
Day 3 - 8:15PM to 10:15PM - Dinner at Fulton's Crab House ($150.00)
Day 3 - 10:15PM to 11:00PM - Drive to Pop Century
Day 3 - 11:00PM - Checkin to Pop Century (begin two night regular dining package)

Day 4 - 9:30AM to 10:15AM - Breakfast at Pop Century (use QS credit)
Day 4 - 10:15AM to 11:00AM - Drive to Yacht Club & valet park, enter Epcot through IG (use day one of two day package ticket - no hopping)
Day 4 - 11:00AM to 4:45PM - Epcot Food & Wine Festival (using dining plan snack credits)
Day 4 - 4:45PM to 5:00PM - Walk to Yacht Club
Day 4 - 5:00PM to 7:00PM - Dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse (use 2 TS credits from package)
Day 4 - 7:00PM to 7:45PM - Drive to Port Orleans Riverside
Day 4 - 7:45PM to 8:30PM - Carriage ride (pay out of pocket)
Day 4 - 8:30PM to 9:00PM - Drive to Pop Century
Day 4 - 9:00PM to ??? - Hang out at pool

Day 5 - 8:00AM to 9:00AM - Checkout & drive to Epcot (use day two of two day package ticket - no hopping)
Day 5 - 9:00AM to 10:00AM - Breakfast at Sunshine Season/grab Soarin' FastPass (use QS credit)
Day 5 - 10:00AM to 11:00AM - Use Soarin' FastPass
Day 5 - 11:00AM to 3:00PM - Epcot Food & Wine Festival (pay out of pocket for snacks)
Day 5 - 3:00PM to 6:00PM - Drive to airport & checkin
Day 5 - 6:00PM - Fly home

The overall value for everything I have planned for the Platinum part of the trip is $2573.08 (including PhotoPass CD). So for the cost of adding the Platinum plan for one night for me and my wife ($458.00) I come out ahead $2115.08!!! :woohoo: :dance3: Yes, it's a lot to pack in but I've tried to limit the amount of walking and backtracking. My plan also requires the minimum number of park tickets and doesn't require any hopping. It does require three reservations (a one night room only, a one night platinum package and a two night regular dining package). Let me know any thoughts on my plan and if anyone sees and problems, discrepancies or issues. Thanks!!! :banana:

OMG! I love this itinerary! This is exactly how I would want to do my platinum package. The only comment I have is the time you have allotted between V&A and the fireworks cruise. I have never gotten out of V&A before 10pm (I have been there 6 times). You may want to consider doing the fireworks cruise after La Nouba and doing something quicker for dinner that night. If you keep it the way it is, get to V&A as early as possible and tell your waiter that you need to be out of there by 9pm. I also highly suggest driving to V&A from WL since you will have a car (the boat takes a half hour or more since you have to go to MK then to GF).

I am planning a Jan 2012 40th anniversary trip - my gift to husband. 5 nights Contemporary on DxDP, then 3 nights Grand Floridian on Platinum. Blow out celebration!!! On the first day of Platinum, we want to do the Steam Train Tour in MK at 7:30 am. Do the vouchers come in the mail or will I have to check in at GF at 7 am to get them? If we have to check in at GF, can we make it to MK in time? Would it help to go over to GF night before and explain the issue to be sure everything is ready? Should I get to GF at 6:30 am to get process going? We will have park tickets from CR stay so I was hoping to check in later.

I have been following this thread for months but still have lots of questions.

Thanks.

A little clarification... While you have to include tickets with your Platinum or Premium dining plan, you do not have to use those tickets. You can save them for a future trip. The tickets expire 14 days from FIRST USE not from purchase.

Platinum plan recap

The booklet that comes with your luggage tags has some of the vouchers in it. *The Petty drive along, Fantasmic! Seating, Wishes and Illuminations viewing area... I think that was it. Everything else just needed them to run our KTTK card except Cirque which we were given vouchers for at check in. The exchange at the box office for actual tickets was easy.

You do need your KTTK for tours and other entitlements. This means you must check in before your first activity.

We did not book club level for our plan night but we were upgraded, we stayed at AKL. Booked pool view. However we were club level before and after the plan, they kept us in the same room.*

Valet parking is included with V&A, and when you finish eating they call down to valet so your car is waiting for you. You can eat there twice, the menu will be largely the same. We are super glad we did. The meal is timed to take just under 3 hours, first seatings last week were 5:00-6:00 pm and second seatings were 8:00-9:00 (or maybe 8:15??). Mention any after dinner plans and they will make sure your meal is timed to get you out in time. *We did a 5:00 seating followed by a Wishes cruise at 7:30 and it was no problem.*

Rent a car! Rates are pretty low out of MCO, the stress it saved us was well worth the expense. *Time is money.

We planned a very relaxed pace, or so we thought.

Day 1
7:15 wake up call
8:00-8:30 breakfast in lounge
8:45-9:15 travel to Epcot
Epcot Segway tour 9:30-11:30
12:15-1:45 lunch at Le Cel
1:45-2:15 travel to Contemp
2:30-3:30 parasailing was the plan but it was cancelled due to rain and wind, which gave us time for a photo shoot. Got to AKL around 2:50
3:30-4:00*dress for dinner
4:00-4:30*photo shoot
4:30-4:55 travel to GF
5:00-7:30 dinner at V&A
7:30-8:30ish Wishes cruise*
8:30-9:00 travel
9:00-9:30 sleepy time tea in lounge*
9:30-10:45ish showers and set up day bag for next day (in reality we were up till midnight...)

Day 2
7:30 wake up call, we stumbled out of bed.
8:00-8:20 quick breakfast in lounge
8:30-9:30 massages at AKL
9:30-10:00 travel to Contemp
10:00-11:30 parasailing (awesome)
11:30-12:15 travel to Epcot
12:15-3:00 Aqua Seas tour
3:00-4:30 travel back to AKL and dress for dinner
(IRL we detoured to Germany to use our snacks on caramels so we had 5 minutes to dress, and I would do it again, they are that good!)
4:45-5:15*travel to GF
5:20-8:00*dinner at V&A again :)
8:00-8:30 travel to DTD
9:00-10:30 Cirque, IPO reserved great seats for us.

We got back to AKL around 11:15 and fell into bed.

Learned
14 to 16 hour days are not relaxed ;)

Getting old stinks, we used to be able to do 14 hour days no problem.
We could not have eaten enough to make the Dining Plan worthwhile after our plan days, too full and too tired.

Make sure everyone has your cell number, we could have had a thirty minute break had we known parasailing was cancelled.

It takes forever to 'run by Germany' but the fresh caramels were worth it. OMG yum.

Delays happen, plan lots of travel time! 30 minutes by car was often fine, but it was low season so there was zero traffic and we parked close enough to not need a tram at Epcot.*

If you get massages fairly often I would spend the time elsewhere, it was good but not great. *

Booking parasailing twice was a life saver since we got rained out the first day, we loved parasailing! Plan was to switch to sea racers after the first day if we didn't want to go again.

We did not buy any food beyond the 3 included meals and 2 snacks. We only used the lounge for breakfast. We were stuffed from V&A the night before.

Next time we will stay on the Monorail, GF I think. It took as long to get to Epcot from the Contemp by car as it took from AKL by car, but it would be nice for dinner at V&A.

Early Feb pluses were super small tour groups (4 total), ability to book photoshoot at zero notice, no traffic, empty parks. Minuses was it was cold, too cold for lots of the water activities that look super fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter