Premium Plan for One Night Just for the Tours, LaNouba, etc.??

For our trip in Oct, we're doing AKL Club Level for the first bit, then dealing with the Platinum IPO for the rest. I'm doing up my initial contact email for AKL now, and was wondering if I should do the same for the IPO, or if they contact me enough in advance of the 180 days that I don't need to worry about an initial contact.

If I should send them off an email, does anyone have the address I would send it to?

Ok I want to say I read somewher many many pages ago that if you pick La Noumba on a night it is dark you get a gift card, is that still true? or did I dream that?

On the 4th, we are doing the jet ski tour followed by parasailing.Then we are having lunch at Whispering Canyon followed by fishing at 130. Then we are doing the Hoop at 5pm and the wishes cruise.On Tuesday, we are having an early breakfast at Chef Mickeys, then we are doing the Dolphins In Depth followed in the afternoon by lunch at Teppan Edo. Then my daughter and I are doing the manicure/pedicure thing at 4. Then we are doing the Fantasmic thing that night.

Ok I want to say I read somewher many many pages ago that if you pick La Noumba on a night it is dark you get a gift card, is that still true? or did I dream that?

It is true "IF" your premium/platinum package nights are during one of their vacations(dark) dates. Then you will be given gift card as compensation. We will be there the week before Memorial day. La Nouba will be on "vacation" Our IPO has already told us that we will be given $75 gift cards. However, you won't get these gift cards during La Nouba's "regular dark" days(Sundays & Mondays)

It is true "IF" your premium/platinum package nights are during one of their vacations(dark) dates. Then you will be given gift card as compensation. We will be there the week before Memorial day. La Nouba will be on "vacation" Our IPO has already told us that we will be given $75 gift cards. However, you won't get these gift cards during La Nouba's "regular dark" days(Sundays & Mondays)

Thanks, that's what I wanted to know, I checked thier dark dates for this year that have been annoucned and our (tentative) trip dates fall outside of them.

I am so sorry you had such frustration when you should have been enjoying yourselves. In your instance, I believe you rightly need to contact the Executive Offices. If you are still there, go to the front desk and ask for the Manager of the Day, then explain to him or her the nature of your frustration and express your request to speak to someone in the Executive Office.

This should get an immediate response. If it does NOT, then ask to be connected by phone with someone in Guest Services. It is their job to 'field' complaints/concerns. I cannot imagine any instance when one or the other of these suggestions does not get you some degree of resolve.

Premium, and even more so, Platinum packages are not frequently used, thus the lack of knowledge on the part of some cast members. Those of us who are on this thread have gathered TONS of information and still don't have all the answers, so I can understand how difficult it might be for CMs to be aware of every detail, especially since there seem to be frequent changes.

That being said, HOWEVER, it isn't the guests responsibility to train CMs and WDW management needs to be made aware of these situations in order to make the necessary corrections.

Enjoy the rest of your stay and PLEASE let us know how things turn out. If there is any way in which I can help further, please PM or email me and I'll do my best.

Thank you 2ofUs! So I have called Disney several times over the last few days. Our code on our Photopass card is not working so we can't get our free Photopass CD. We've basically gotten the run around since we originally booked our package with a Travel Agency and the Guest Relations has essentially told us that it was their fault that we didn't receive all our documents at check-in. Very disappointed right now.

I don't understand how book the Platinum Package through a Travel agent affect:
1. Us not receiving our key cards at check-in.
2. The Hotel staff not knowing what was included in our Platinum package.

For those who have done the Platinum package, did you receive your Photopass card in the mail or at check-in?
Also, what kind of voucher did you receive for your Richard Petty Drive-Along experience?

I want to add a little tip: Do not book your Platinum/Premium package through a travel agency, it will save you a lot of headache if issues were to arise later on.

Are there better days than others to make sure you get in everything you want to do ????
I was thinking about doing one night on the Premium Plan (Dec. 10/11)
This is what we (2 adults/2 teens over age 16) want to do ...

Parasailing
Segway Around the World
Hoop Dee Do
La Nouba
CRT
Steam Trains Tour at MK
Fulton (maybe)

I am hoping that some of you expersts can lend some quick premium plan advice.:flower3: My DD13 and I are doing a do-over trip as my mom passed away while we were at WDW this past Christmas break.:sad1: I just found your thread and decided to split our stay this coming March to take advantage of the activities offered by using this technique.

We are looking at booking the premium plan for Monday, Mar. 28th so that we can use Monday and Tuesday to jam lots of activities into. Because my DD is 13 and we are both very active, we would love to take advantage of lots of water sports and parasailing. Things that we would like to do during the two days include:

*parasailing (maybe twice)
-mini golf
-water skiing
*jet skiing
*horse back riding
*La Nouba
-Mouse boats
-Hoop Dee Doo
-The Luau
-CRT
-a protrait session
-preferred fireworks viewing

(**indicats most important to us)

Can anyone offer suggestions as to how we can fit this all in? Also, will it be difficult to secure reservations for these activities so late in the game? Lastly, what happens if there is rain? What activities would be cancelled?

Thanks for any help!

I am hoping that some of you expersts can lend some quick premium plan advice.:flower3: My DD13 and I are doing a do-over trip as my mom passed away while we were at WDW this past Christmas break.:sad1: I just found your thread and decided to split our stay this coming March to take advantage of the activities offered by using this technique.

We are looking at booking the premium plan for Monday, Mar. 28th so that we can use Monday and Tuesday to jam lots of activities into. Because my DD is 13 and we are both very active, we would love to take advantage of lots of water sports and parasailing. Things that we would like to do during the two days include:

*parasailing (maybe twice)
-mini golf
-water skiing
*jet skiing
*horse back riding
*La Nouba
-Mouse boats
-Hoop Dee Doo
-The Luau
-CRT
-a protrait session
-preferred fireworks viewing

(**indicats most important to us)

Can anyone offer suggestions as to how we can fit this all in? Also, will it be difficult to secure reservations for these activities so late in the game? Lastly, what happens if there is rain? What activities would be cancelled?

Thanks for any help!

Having just looked at a similar agenda myself, both La Nouba and the Luau are dark (don't show) on Monday night. So, you can plan around this if you are very lucky/careful, and work out a plan to do both the Luau and La Nouba on Tuesday night (you could do Hoop Dee Do on Monday), but that is something to keep in mind. We chose to book our one night on a Tuesday rather than a Monday night for exactly that reason, so that we wouldn't have to worry about shows being dark on Monday night. It can be done, but I just wanted to warn you of that before you try to figure out where everything else fits in your plan.

Is Parasailing for sure covered by the 2011 plan ???
I was looking at the 2011 plan and it says ... "Enjoy unlimited use of select recreational activities including Disney's 4 18-hole championship golf courses (greens fees, electric cart, range balls, rental golf shoes and rental golf clubs included), boat rentals, guided fishing excursions, horseback riding and more!"
Under the normal magic your way plan it says enjoy 10% off Sammy DuVall's activities ...

Just wondering ... Parasailing is our number one thing we want to do.
Does anyone know what happens if it rains that day ???

Thanks, Tiresius.:) Maybe we should move our plans to Tuesday instead of Monday.

Bronte~ parasailing is our most important event, too.

Does anyone know the number of the people that I should contact to talk to people who really know the answer to these questions at WDW? Will I need to book first, then call that number?

Is Parasailing for sure covered by the 2011 plan ???
I was looking at the 2011 plan and it says ... "Enjoy unlimited use of select recreational activities including Disney's 4 18-hole championship golf courses (greens fees, electric cart, range balls, rental golf shoes and rental golf clubs included), boat rentals, guided fishing excursions, horseback riding and more!"
Under the normal magic your way plan it says enjoy 10% off Sammy DuVall's activities ...

Just wondering ... Parasailing is our number one thing we want to do.
Does anyone know what happens if it rains that day ???

Where did you see this information? When I pulled up the 2011 Premium brochure it says, "Enjoy a day of family fun at Sammy Duvall’s Water Sports Centre at Disney’s Contemporary Resort. World Champion Sammy
Duvall has combined the best equipment in the industry with hand-picked instructors to give you the experience of a
lifetime! Open daily from 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Please call 407-939-0754; reservations are strongly recommended. Please
arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your reservation. Trips may be canceled due to inclement weather. Please make
cancellations at least 24 hours in advance. Some
restrictions apply."

This is one of the main reasons we are doing Premium again. I would be terribly dissapointed if the took it away. As far as I can tell though, its still available in 2011.

Just got off the phone with Sammy Duvall's. They couldn't have been nicer.:goodvibes She said that if it is rained out, they can charge your session to the premium plan, then offer you a credit that you can use later. It will even be good for dates after you are off the premium plan!

I was looking at the disney web page ... where they compare the different packages (perhaps they did not write in everything that was included on that page.)
Thanks and Sorry if I worried anyone just wanted to make sure !!!!!!!!

So how does this sound ... Any input would be GREAT ... Thanks !!!!!!

Monday Dec. 19th
Steam Train Tour at MK (7:30-10:30)
Lunch at CRT (12:00)
Archery (2:45 - 4:15)
Hoop Dee Doo (5:00 show)
Epcot Fireworks

Tuesday Dec. 20th
Epcot Segway Tour (7:45-9:45)
Parasailing (early afternoon)
The Luau (5:00 show)
La Nouba (9:00 show)

Just got off the phone with Sammy Duvall's. They couldn't have been nicer.:goodvibes She said that if it is rained out, they can charge your session to the premium plan, then offer you a credit that you can use later. It will even be good for dates after you are off the premium plan!

Thanks for that info. Good to know! :thumbsup2

Hi we are on the Disney Dining Plan staying deluxe at Saratoga from 1st May - 16th May this has been booked through Complete Orlando in the UK, how would I go about changing to include this as this sounds great as me and kids wanted to see La Nouba too - obviously we would only want to upgrade for one night as could no way afford for whole holiday how much extra would this work out for 2 adults and 2 kids aged 9 and 10 who have DDP as adults if this makes sense.

I hope someone on here more with it than me can let me know the answer,

Many Thanks

So how does this sound ... Any input would be GREAT ... Thanks !!!!!!

Monday Dec. 19th
Steam Train Tour at MK (7:30-10:30)
Lunch at CRT (12:00)
Archery (2:45 - 4:15)
Hoop Dee Doo (5:00 show)
Epcot Fireworks

Tuesday Dec. 20th
Epcot Segway Tour (7:45-9:45)
Parasailing (early afternoon)
The Luau (5:00 show)
La Nouba (9:00 show)

This plan sounds great!:thumbsup2 The only thing that I would suggest is to maybe add an additional watersport, like tubing or wake boarding, to the parasailing part. You'll be there anyways, so if your group is water-lovining, you might have time to fit it in. Tha lady at Sammy Duval's said that the afternoon times run from 1pm-5pm. If you book a 1:00 parasailing, maybe you could add something on afterward? We plan on doing tons and sleeping like babies the next day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter