• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Premium parking fee?

geniegirl

DIS Veteran
Are they still testing this.

Heading down in 18 days and I am an early morning person who usually gets a spot in the 1st 2 rows but will not pay to upgrade to that.

Just wanted to see how's this test going and how far back is the regular parking if they are still doing this.

MK Premium is in Jafar .... so not the closest lot.

Magic-Kingdom_Full_14377.jpg;width=1600;quality=60

Ok, so if I am staying at Sports (that shares a bus with the other All Stars) last two days of May and first two days of June... DH is a disabled vet; would we be better off driving and parking in the handicapped parking lot or taking the bus??

Ok, so if I am staying at Sports (that shares a bus with the other All Stars) last two days of May and first two days of June... DH is a disabled vet; would we be better off driving and parking in the handicapped parking lot or taking the bus??
Generally a bus is always the preferred method of accessing Magic Kingdom.

And a thank you shout out to your husband, and you also.

I would bus to MK but remember there are no trams to Handicapped parking area plus it is an slight uphill walk to ferry and monorail area. no direct access to MK gates

First, the All Stars do not always share. I have stayed during slower times and still only shared a bus if I was going to or from the park in early to mid-afternoon.

I have parked in HA parking at all 4 parks when I have taken my sister. For Epcot, DHS, and AK, it was good and the walk from the parking lot to the entrance was not much of a difference than where a bus drops you off.

For MK, the walk to TTC from HA can be long, plus there is a slight incline. Luckily we had rented my sister an EVC that trip as she would not have been able to handle the walk with her rollator and I would have been exhausted if we had her wheelchair. Then you have to take the ferry or monorail to MK. I love arriving at MK by ferry, but would rather park in a regular spot with tram service to TTC in the future.

Is parking the same way they do it at Disneyland? CMs direct you where to park, and the cars park in next to each other? Or can you choose where to park?

Is parking the same way they do it at Disneyland? CMs direct you where to park, and the cars park in next to each other? Or can you choose where to park?

CM's direct you where to park unless you drive into a park late in the afternoon. No set time. But usually if you enter around say 6/7pm (or later) the parking lot CM's are gone and you park wherever. This is especially nice with MK and HS

Anticipate to be directed where to park though.

I used premium on Saturday 4/2 and Sunday 4/3 and was directed to park in Aladdin in the corner closest to where the tunnel is.

CM's direct you where to park unless you drive into a park late in the afternoon. No set time. But usually if you enter around say 6/7pm (or later) the parking lot CM's are gone and you park wherever. This is especially nice with MK and HS

Anticipate to be directed where to park though.
And they mean it too. Last time I was there someone decided that they were not going to park all the way down and just pulled into a parking place in the next row. There was a lot of yelling and screaming back and forth with the CM's finally deciding that security was to be called and they did. Then the car guy gave up and moved it further down the line then he would have been if he had just followed directions. I have no doubt his car would have been missing by the time they left if he hadn't moved it.

So do they usually park the Hero lot before the Villain lot or the other way around? We have never parked in the Hero section so just wondering.

So do they usually park the Hero lot before the Villain lot or the other way around? We have never parked in the Hero section so just wondering.

From my experience the villain side is used first

I used premium on Saturday 4/2 and Sunday 4/3 and was directed to park in Aladdin in the corner closest to where the tunnel is.

Which really is the "premium" location and where I am hoping they ultimately decide to put premium if it stays. The handicapped section at MK is very small for the park and we are not rope droppers. We almost always end up parking in Jafar where the handicapped overflow goes. My concern was that we would lose that area and be sent to Zurg.

If they are sending premium to Aladdin looks like they are already adjusting.

In our stays at Sports we have shared maybe one ride coming home. At pickup, even if sharing, you will be first. To MK I would surely try to take the bus. The commute from parking lot is not fun.

I have always experienced Hero being parked first. We usually arrive mid morning and they are still sending folks in to the Hero side while we are sent into the Villain side for HC parking.

When we went on March 18 Aladdin wasnt halfway full. Our mistake was taking the car to Epcot. We were in Create row 60 and they only run 1 tram. By end of night my knees were dead (osteoarthritis) so we waited a good 30 mins for the tram. I'll never park at Epcot again.

Kinda sucks I always get Aladdin row 1-2 guess this will be an adjustment. Do they have premium parking at the other parks too?

Kinda sucks I always get Aladdin row 1-2 guess this will be an adjustment. Do they have premium parking at the other parks too?

Yes, they do. However, if you pay for premium parking at EP you can't use the premium lot in MK the same day. You can show your receipt and park for free in the regular lot or pay another $15 to park in premium.

I can't answer the question regarding the parking lot as we always use the bus. However, Sports is always the first pick up and the first drop off. We were there in February and only stopped at the other All Star's to pick up once or twice the entire week.

Thanks everyone! We will definitely do the bus!! I was not excited about the idea of driving around everywhere unless it really saved a bunch of time!! :D Glad to hear that if we do share, at least we are the first stop!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter