Premium AP for FL residents,no blackout dates correct?

tangled1010

Earning My Ears
We will be new FL residents and wanted to purchase premium AP's when we move next month. I called Disney to ask what is needed beside a DL right away and the CM says to me " you are aware that the AP are blacked out for FL residents in the summer?" So I say, "no I plan to purchase a premium AP not a seasonal pass". The CM says it doesn't matter.:confused3

Please tell me this is not the case. I am going to have 2 very disappointed kids if so. I have been all over the Disney website and cant find anything about the premium AP having blackout dates

Never did get a clear answer on what was actually acceptable for ID either but I searched the boards here so I think I am ok on that at least
TIA :)

Yeah, you got an "expert" with absolutely no idea what they were talking about. We have florida resident premiums, they are definitely NOT blacked out.

We had FL resident annual passes last year and upgraded to premium this year. There were no blackout dates. When we first moved here and got the APs, we used our bank statement with our FL address and a utility bill with our FL address as the proof of residency along with our MA licenses, as we hadn't even switched our licenses before we got the APs.

Most FL residents know more about Disney's stuff than some CMs...as is the case here.

Only passes with blackout dates are the Seasonal and Weekday Select ones. Everything else is year-round.

The pass below the Premium AP is the full AP which also doesn't have blackout dates,the seasonal and weekday ones are the ones with blackout dates.

The issue for the call line is all local aps have blackouts however some regular aps also have local discounts or the ability to put on payment plan. Sometimes this can confuse the issue for the cast member answering questions. Even at the ticket windows they were still a bit confused on payment plans and renewals since it is fairly new/unusual for them.

Love the payment plan and so happy Disney does offer passes that have blackout dates. Strange right? But it saves me $178 per person per year over AP. Lived in Florida all my life and for me, no way would I go to Disney during the blackout dates. My first AP was 19 years ago and I bought the one without blackout dates and we never went one time during the days they blackout with the SP (seasonal pass). Back then an AP was $209 and SP was $139. Free parking doesn't matter to us because we stay onsite. lol I only live an hour away but it's not Disney unless staying over night.

I wish they would allow the payment plan for anyone buying a yearly pass. This would seal the deal for me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter