Premium Annual Passes for DVC Members for $399!

As long as it is within the renewal period (30 days on either side of the expiration date), you may upgrade or downgrade to any level of AP you are entitled to purchase and you will get the renewal rate that is in effect at that time.

OK, so not $399 unless they extend the offer. Likely higher, like slightly lower then the regular price for the PAP?

I am a little confused from reading all these post and need some help from you passport experts.

I am a DVC member and currently have a Premier Passport that expires at the end of February 2013. I live near DLR and plan on visiting WDW at least four times next year.
  • Should I just purchase the CA Premium Passport and wait until my visit to WDW to upgrade?
  • Can I take advantage of this DVC member discount but if I do will I lose two months of my existing passport since it expires in Feb?
  • If I take advantage of this discount and want to upgrade to the Premier do I have to pay the entire difference and thus the discount dosen't apply?

Any other suggestions/recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

I am a little confused from reading all these post and need some help from you passport experts.

I am a DVC member and currently have a Premier Passport that expires at the end of February 2013. I live near DLR and plan on visiting WDW at least four times next year.
  • Should I just purchase the CA Premium Passport and wait until my visit to WDW to upgrade?
  • Can I take advantage of this DVC member discount but if I do will I lose two months of my existing passport since it expires in Feb?
  • If I take advantage of this discount and want to upgrade to the Premier do I have to pay the entire difference and thus the discount dosen't apply?

Any other suggestions/recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

How many times will you be visiting DLR?

Can I take advantage of this DVC member discount but if I do will I lose two months of my existing passport since it expires in Feb?
You can buy a voucher for a DVC Premium AP prior to 31 Dec and then activate it in 2013.

If I take advantage of this discount and want to upgrade to the Premier do I have to pay the entire difference and thus the discount dosen't apply?
My understanding is there is no bridging, so you would have to pay the difference between what you paid for the DVC premium AP and what the current premier AP costs at the time of your upgrade.

You can buy a voucher for a DVC Premium AP prior to 31 Dec and then activate it in 2013.

My understanding is there is no bridging, so you would have to pay the difference between what you paid for the DVC premium AP and what the current premier AP costs at the time of your upgrade.

Thanks for the information.

Yep. When getting the Premier, you're pretty much always going to pay the full price, to my understanding.

Yep. I have a premier and there is no discounts on it. I paid the difference between my DVC AP and the current cost if the Premier, which was about $480 out of my pocket when the transfer was done

The Disney Premier Passport is a flat fee.

Adult or Child
New or Renewal
DVC Member
Charter Passholder
Florida Resident
Southern California Resident

It is all the same price.

This might be a question for Cheshire Figment...

I told my friend about the DVC PAP discount. His parents own at SSR, and he is deeded on the contract. He is getting married next year and he and his wife will be moving temporarily in his parent's guest basement, until their house is built. They will be honeymooning at WDW in January 2013. I know he can get the PAP, but can his wife get the PAP at the DVC discount for them to use in January? Her driver's license will not show the same address as him but she will be his spouse. In California, the DMV will not issue a new license for a change of address until the license expires.

In California, they give you a temporary card that you are supposed to keep with your license. Since this is a legal address change, you would show the card and the license and they would need to accept it.

In California, they give you a temporary card that you are supposed to keep with your license. Since this is a legal address change, you would show the card and the license and they would need to accept it.

Hmm, not sure about that, on the DMV website it doesn't say that. In fact it says that it won't mail a new card. On the back of my license it has some blank lines to write in an address change.

In California, the DMV will not issue a new license for a change of address until the license expires.

In California, they give you a temporary card that you are supposed to keep with your license.

Hmm, not sure about that, on the DMV website it doesn't say that. In fact it says that it won't mail a new card. On the back of my license it has some blank lines to write in an address change.

It's all true! If you look at the secondary FAQ inside the FAQ on CA's DMV site, it says that if you go to an office to do the update they'll give you the "Change of Address Certificate card (DL 43) to complete and carry with your license."

But if you do it by phone or mail, "type or write in ink your new address on a small piece of paper, sign and date it. Carry this piece of paper with your license. Do not tape or staple the change of address information to your driver license."

I know that for our DVC APs, they didn't really care that DH and I had different addresses on our licenses. WA cares even less about address changes as CA does, and they don't have go bring anything with you. I had gotten my license after moving to where we currently live, but DH's license still showed our old address. He's the owner, and neither of us changed our last names, and they didn't blink an eye at all the discrepancies.

I read about the reduced discount on another forum as well. I just sent an email to WDW asking when the 2013 benefits will be posted online. One of the reasons we were considering the AP was the 20% discount. If it's eliminated, we may not purchase after all. I guess we have until December 31 to decide the value of this perk.

We are going for seven nights in November. I thought with the AP we could add on a few nights at a resort hotel and make it a 10 night stay. Also thought we might squeeze in another short trip since we would have the AP.

The AP TIW discount was recently reduced as well, so the AP is becoming less valuable. I wonder what other perks will be reduced or eliminated in the coming months?

It's all true! If you look at the secondary FAQ inside the FAQ on CA's DMV site, it says that if you go to an office to do the update they'll give you the "Change of Address Certificate card (DL 43) to complete and carry with your license."

But if you do it by phone or mail, "type or write in ink your new address on a small piece of paper, sign and date it. Carry this piece of paper with your license. Do not tape or staple the change of address information to your driver license."

I know that for our DVC APs, they didn't really care that DH and I had different addresses on our licenses. WA cares even less about address changes as CA does, and they don't have go bring anything with you. I had gotten my license after moving to where we currently live, but DH's license still showed our old address. He's the owner, and neither of us changed our last names, and they didn't blink an eye at all the discrepancies.

Thanks for all the replies. I'll let my friend know to go to a DMV location and get a temp card or worse case, if they are unable to go to one, just write it down on a piece of paper and bring it with them.

Just saw this online. What the heck!

Starting Jan. 1, 2013 Disney World Premium Annual Passholders will no longer get 20% off merchandise. The discount will lower to 10% off.
Starting Jan. 1, All Walt Disney World Resort Annual Passholders will receive 10% off most merchandise purchases.

http://www.facebook.com/attractionsmagazine/posts/10151296727524330
Curious how they can even do this? (or is this rhetorical).
What if people bought expecting that benefit as part of the PAP?

Or as usual, they probably only guarantee access to the parks for 365 days and have terms and conditions that say they can change any other benefit of the PAP after you've bought it.

Or as usual, they probably only guarantee access to the parks for 365 days and have terms and conditions that say they can change any other benefit of the PAP after you've bought it.

In the fine print it always says... subject to change...

I am bummed because I am heading down Marathon Weekend and planned on using the PAP discount to purchase a few things... Now I will reconsider how much I buy.

With that said, I am tickled to have gotten the PAP for $399

Benefits are for a calendar year, not your pass year. From the website:

>>>>Merchandise Benefits and Discounts

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

To enjoy your 2012 benefits, you must present your valid Annual Pass at the time of purchase, booking, and/or redemption of any offer. Offers may not be combined with any other certificate, offer or discount. Offers apply to the Passholder only, unless otherwise noted. Offers are subject to change without notice and are subject to availability. 2012 Passholder benefits expire on December 31, 2012. All valid Passes will be subject to the enclosed benefits from January 1, 2012 through December 31, 2012.<<<<

I personally think it is a dumb move. People would pay more for for a PAP knowing they could make it up with the additional discount. After the DVC promotion ends, there's no reason to buy a PAP if you don't do water parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter