Premier Room @ Carthay Circle

Keels

The Official Keels of RunDisney
Planning a "surprise" dinner at Carthay Circle to celebrate the DL Half Marathon finishers in our traveling party (8 people) that Sunday evening after the race.

I noticed on the restaurant page it mentions a private room - the Premiere Room - that can seat up to 12.

Has anyone dined there before? Is it the same menu or a set menu? We won't be needing WoC package or anything.

Also, I'm assuming that I can just book it 60 days in advance since I don't see anything else that mentions private dining.

Thanks!

I just did the Carthay Circle tour yesterday and the guide told me the Premiere room seats 12 and requires a $1000 minimum in purchases, paid as a deposit upfront, with the balance paid when the check comes in. (I've not seen that posted anywhere official, so I may have gotten the dollar amount wrong, but I remember being shocked at how high a figure it was and thinking you'd have to drink a lot of wine to reach it.) The room isn't huge. Just a large round table that seats 12 (the table base looks like Snow White's wishing well), and a few pics of Walt and Mickey. There are also several smaller dining areas where a large group could have a bit more privacy, you'd just have to call to reserve.

I just did the Carthay Circle tour yesterday and the guide told me the Premiere room seats 12 and requires a $1000 minimum in purchases, paid as a deposit upfront, with the balance paid when the check comes in. (I've not seen that posted anywhere official, so I may have gotten the dollar amount wrong, but I remember being shocked at how high a figure it was and thinking you'd have to drink a lot of wine to reach it.) The room isn't huge. Just a large round table that seats 12 (the table base looks like Snow White's wishing well), and a few pics of Walt and Mickey. There are also several smaller dining areas where a large group could have a bit more privacy, you'd just have to call to reserve.

Perfect! That's exactly what I was looking for - thanks!

We had dinner in one of the private rooms on April 26 with a party of 11. We called and made a 9pm reservation at around 5pm that afternoon! No deposit required or anything. Being a race weekend, I'd make a reservation early, but it's possible they'd just out you in a private room if you have a big group.

We had dinner in one of the private rooms on April 26 with a party of 11. We called and made a 9pm reservation at around 5pm that afternoon! No deposit required or anything. Being a race weekend, I'd make a reservation early, but it's possible they'd just out you in a private room if you have a big group.

Awesome. Thanks!

We got to stay in the premiere room randomly. We didn't even realize the room existed, but I guess since we had a group of 10 or 11, they accomodated us.

Along with the Snow White well, there was a frame with two pictures - The top one was the first picture Walt ever took with Mickey Mouse and the bottom was the last picture he ever took with Mickey Mouse :sad:

Have been in the Show White room as it is called with a Club 33 member. Generally it is just the standard Cartahy Circle menu, nothing different. I can tell ya that they might take a reservation for the minimum purchase as listed above but they will not guarantee you any reservation in there ahead of time otherwise. Even Club 33 member can request it but will not be guaranteed and will not know until seated. Basically they keep it available for corporate VIP's and park VIP guests, then if available at the last minute will seat Club members...then they can make magic happen for us mere mortals.

There are also two smaller rooms on either side that seat 4-5.

You will get zero info from Disney Dining that they even exists.

You best bet is on the morning of the reservation swing by the restaurant and ask if it is available at your seating time if you can be placed in there. They will not tel you yes but you may get a pleasant surprise when you check in and are seated.

One of the cool features is that there are two pictures in the room...one is the first known picture of Walt with Mickey Mouse and the last known picture of Walt with Mickey Mouse.

Have been in the Show White room as it is called with a Club 33 member. Generally it is just the standard Cartahy Circle menu, nothing different. I can tell ya that they might take a reservation for the minimum purchase as listed above but they will not guarantee you any reservation in there ahead of time otherwise. Even Club 33 member can request it but will not be guaranteed and will not know until seated. Basically they keep it available for corporate VIP's and park VIP guests, then if available at the last minute will seat Club members...then they can make magic happen for us mere mortals.

There are also two smaller rooms on either side that seat 4-5.

You will get zero info from Disney Dining that they even exists.

You best bet is on the morning of the reservation swing by the restaurant and ask if it is available at your seating time if you can be placed in there. They will not tel you yes but you may get a pleasant surprise when you check in and are seated.

One of the cool features is that there are two pictures in the room...one is the first known picture of Walt with Mickey Mouse and the last known picture of Walt with Mickey Mouse.

We were seated in one of the two smaller rooms last August. It was quite a lovely little area.

We've got 8 people in our dining party (7 adults, 1 kiddo), so I fear that the smaller rooms won't be able to accommodate us.

But thanks for the tips! I'll definitely swing by as we enter the park directly after the race (with my medal on - maybe that will curry favor! :D ) the hostess stand. But I'll definitely make a reservation as soon as I'm able to.

Yep, I was told the same thing, minimum of $1k in spend, which with 12 people (or even 8 or 10) is pretty easy to attain. If I had 12 Disney-loving friends, I'd totally dine there. I spent $450 for three of us at Napa one evening, so I think $1k would be pretty darn easy at Carthay with 8-12 people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter