Premier Passport- Worth it for you?

ChoirBoy

Earning My Ears
I'm an Orlando local, and I have a regular annual pass to WDW. Originally when I moved down here, some of the premium benefits appealed to me, i.e. the water parks and DisneyQuest, but with the golf courses and Wide World of Sports and everything, it just wasn't worth the extra $200 or so for me. My current pass expires this July, and when I renew, I plan to get a non-premium pass. Also, I've never been to Disneyland or California, let alone go there enough to buy a Disneyland annual pass.

THAT BEING SAID, I'm actually considering upgrading my WDW annual pass to a Premier Passport in 2011. I'm planning my "pilgrimage" for my first trip to DL that August to coincide with the D23 Expo. The way I see it, $80 more (than a premium WDW pass) is a steal compared to getting the different park tickets separately. So for me, buying a Premier Passport in 2011 would be good for me.

But what about you? Disney's Premier Passport: Worth It or Not?

If we were still in CA, then yes it would be worth it to me. Right now both DH and I have current passes to DL, but wanted to go to WDW and wish they had a discount for tickets or a premier pass. We have family in FL and it would have been perfect. Now that we are in North Carolina we have no use for it.

And yes, if you had the premier pass and it only cost 80 more for both parks premier pass then it would be worth it.

Last year DH and I got premium annual DL passports and used them a TON. I'm thinking after I get a job, I can talk him into getting the Premier passports. It'll be worth it, since we only live about an hour from DL, and DH and I are planning to go back to WDW in a year (plus, he loves to golf, so the premier passport would be to his advantage there).
Question: Is this Premier Passport thing going to be offered every year, or are they just doing it this year?

Only $80 more than your FL Resident PAP? We only pay $400 something for ours each, $700 is much more than $80 more. Maybe I'm reading what you are saying wrong.

Only $80 more than your FL Resident PAP? We only pay $400 something for ours each, $700 is much more than $80 more. Maybe I'm reading what you are saying wrong.
I'm pretty sure they're talking about the regular premium annual pass which is $619 + tax.

I think $700 is a fair price considering that the PAP is $619 and a 3 day DL ticket is about $150. We would totally go for it if we could afford the plane ticket to California and still get enough use out of the WDW part of the ticket. I'm sure we'll go for it in about 3 - 5 years, but for now we're just going to spend our money getting the most out of the PAP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter