Premier Passport - Cost effective?

Cost Effective for me?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

ScrtSolstice

Yensid would be proud
Hey Everyone!

I am planning a trip for October for my sister's graduation and I noticed that Disney now offers Premier Passports which are essentially annual passports that allow access to the US parks. I'm looking for some other opinions on whether or not its worth a shot.

My sister and I will be going to Disneyland in October for 6 days - and then next year my fiance and I are going to WDW for our honeymoon for approx. 14 days though we would probably only go to the parks for 10.

Seeing as I will be going to the parks twice in a year for a total of approx. 20 days my assumption would be that it would be worth it. I am in Canada though so I most likely wouldn't be going outside of these 20 days. I have briefly looked into costs of hotels and the one we were interested in for our honeymoon currently has a 35% discount for annual pass holders. This along with food, passes, etc. is leading me to think that I would save a fair bit - especially since I would spend about 723$ on tickets (for myself) alone without the pass.

On a similar note, does anyone know if you can buy the Premier Passports from Canada?

Any opinions or information would be extremely helpful and thanks for advance for your patience with this mad long post! :goodvibes

You may just have just have to price it out, but sounds like it would be worth it. Also factor in another $100 for Tables in wonderland then you could save 20 % on food at wdw....

I'm facing the same set of questions.

Planning on Spending Christmas at DL and enjoying a year of DL time (live in SD so its like 96 miles door to door).
AND
Planning a 10 (8 park days) trip for Epcot Food and Wine fest in 2014.

I'm thinking a Premier W TIW.

BUT. I cant seem to find out if there are any differences between the Premium and the Premier in the was of discounts or other special things.

Anyone know?

and Thank you@

(wow Do i need to update my signatures)

BUT. I cant seem to find out if there are any differences between the Premium and the Premier in the was of discounts or other special things.

The Premier Passport entitles you to all the benefits of a Premium Passport at both WDW and DL, but it doesn't give you anything additional in the way of benefits or discounts except a cool looking gold pass.

I bought non expiring discounted tkts at UT right before price increase. I upgraded them to premium passes at WDW, and then upgraded them again at DL to premier. In total I paid about 3000 for the four of us to have premier passes. If I bought them again the price has gone up to 4000 for my family. Not happening. We made 3 WDW trips and 1 DL trip with them. Once in a lifetime year, but we got our money's worth.

My suggestion would be to buy DL AP's and then upgrade them at WDW to the premier. That way your not out a huge chunk of money all at once. If something happens and you cant make it to WDW your also not out the money. I found it too risky to buy premier passes. I felt much safer upgrading along the way.

I looked at this last year. I went to WDW in April 2012, DL in September 2012, then this year WDW in March, DL in August. I buy the Deluxe AP at DL because I don't go when there are blackout dates (except for 1 Saturday this month when I was at D23), it's cheaper than the DL Premium AP. Plus I don't need DL parking that's in the Premium AP. The Premier would have saved me a little over a regular WDW AP plus a DL Deluxe. But the issue was that if I bought a Premier in April 2012, it would not cover my August 2013 DL trip. So it was better to buy separate AP's to get separate expiration dates. I bought a DL Deluxe last September (actually bought a voucher before last year's price increase) and it was also good for my trip this month.

Planning on Spending Christmas at DL and enjoying a year of DL time (live in SD so its like 96 miles door to door).
AND
Planning a 10 (8 park days) trip for Epcot Food and Wine fest in 2014.

I'm thinking a Premier W TIW.

Anyone know?

and Thank you@

(wow Do i need to update my signatures)

You just need to price it out (same with the OP). In your case you are definitely in need of the DLR AP, and you probably cannot do the SoCal one b/c of the holiday plans. So then what's the cost to upgrade to the Premier for your WDW plans vs getting an 8 day ticket there? I see a current 8 day WDW ticket (non hopping, main parks only) as being $339.74 for an adult. That's less than upgrading a Deluxe DLR AP to the Premier. But would you need/want a Premium pass to DLR? That changes the upgrade cost.

Just gotta do the math!

ScrtSolstice: Assuming that you only do 10 park days at WDW you would save money by NOT getting a Premier AP. There are no blockout days in October so you could get a DL Deluxe AP for $499.00 and a 10 day Park Hopper from Undercover Tourist for 404.95 for a total of $903.95. A Premier AP will cost $1009.84 with tax. A non-park hopper would save even more. If you are doing Water Parks then the Premier AP is the better deal.

Ecboyd: Since you are planning to be at DL for Christmas day you will need to buy a Premium AP ($669.00) so the Premier AP is the way to go.

There are no added perks for the Premier AP and tax is charged whether you buy at DL or WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter