• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Premier League Football

Mouseketeer1974

Mouseketeer
Having waited 22 years to see my team crowned Champions of England, I'm now going to be in WDW for the first match of the 2012/13 season.
Is there anywhere that my Man City mad daughter and I will be able to watch the match in the WDW / ID area on 19th Aug????

Im not 100% sure, but I would guess your best bet would be the ESPN Club on the Boardwalk. I support Swansea and i'll be there on August 25th in the hope that they'll be showing our game against West Ham.

When we were there two years ago they did show live premier league football on the ESPN channel, so the ESPN club at the Boardwalk will show it. Or it you are stopping in Disney it will be on the TV. Being a Blackburn Rovers supporter not bother about Premier League anymore. Lol

Zebra sports bar on I drive. It's attached to a hotel directly opposite pointe Orlando.

Thanks for the responses:thumbsup2

We're staying onsite so perhaps we will be able to watch it if ESPN is one of the TV channels streaned to the accomodation.

Otherwise I'll be off to Boardwalk or Zebra.

Commiserations re Blackburn Peter - would have preferred for QPR to go down.

In Britain, ESPN's schedule says that the first week's game is Toon :cheer2: v Spurs. Haway the lads!:thumbsup2

When we have stayed at DW resorts last few years ive watched the early Saturday or Sunday games in bed in our room as on ESPN

In Britain, ESPN's schedule says that the first week's game is Toon :cheer2: v Spurs. Haway the lads!:thumbsup2

I was under the impression that ESPN in the UK had different rights to EPSN in the USA.

So i wouldn't worry too much if the game isn't scheduled for ESPN (UK)

There is a British style pub about half way down I-Drive called Best of British that try and play the Premier League football matches, they also do a proper full English brekkie with sausage, back bacon and Heinz (was a really big find after living there for a year and craving proper beans!) I hope it's still there, was a great wee pub.

EDIT: Here's a link to their site, they have a footie schedule up but it's pretty out of date but it would give you a clue of what they try and show http://www.bestofbritishpub.com/

Most premier league games are shown in millers Orlando ale house in I drive just up from pointe Orlando. They do great specials on drinks as well. Really great sports bar.

Apologies, should have mentioned, my DD is only 8.
I presume she'll be welcomed into ESPN club but what would the policy of other bars be for children?

last year my husband and 2 sons wasted 3 afternoons of their florida holiday watching football whilst we the girls stayed in MK, I defo got best deal

they watched the matches in Hooter's Bar Lake BVista and also in Millers on IDrive, they both showed all the macthes both euros and premiwer league, however they we watching the red side of manchseter....United :rotfl2:

Disney Princesses LW said:
last year my husband and 2 sons wasted 3 afternoons of their florida holiday watching football whilst we the girls stayed in MK, I defo got best deal

:

Agree with you myself. I wouldn't waste a day in Florida watching football on telly :)

:goodvibes

I would suggest Hooters. I know it has a reputation among many Brits, but once you have been in there you will see its actually a good family atmosphere. They also have lots of Premier League games on and even better a cheap drink!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter