• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pregnant while at Disney

Shann50952

Mouseketeer
If all things go well, I will be 6 months pregnant when we visit Disney. What rides will I not be able to go on. I am not a huge thrill ride girl. Anyone have experience of doing Disney while pregnant...did you still feel it was worth it?

I will be three months pregnant on our upcoming trip. I know there are rides I won't be able to do - BTMRR, SM, TT, EE, etc., but I am still looking forward to it.

I enjoy the slower rides a lot anyway, the Fantasyland rides, Soarin, HM, Country Bear Jamboree, the Safari, plus all the shows, the movies in the different countries in Epcot, the 3D movies in the parks, and everything else. I booked an Illuminations cruise, have ADR's for everyday, and always look forward to my favorite Spectromagic Parade.

I plan to spend the afternoons at the resort pool relaxing.

I think there's plenty to do and enjoy, even skipping the rougher rides.

I went at about 6 weeks pregnant and just about everything made me want to puke. Even after the morning sickness ended, everytime I thought about Disney, I felt physically ill. That being said (I'm going back in 5 months so I obviously got over it), I definitely would have had a great time at 6 months. I missed Tower of Terror but the rest of the rides I didn't care about sitting out. Going while pregnant lets you take things slower and enjoy the parks moreso than the rides. Just make sure you stay hydrated and get plenty of rest. Walking around 6 months pregnant isn't always easy, and Disney is a lot of walking.

I went 7 months pregnant. I avoided almost everything with a warning for expectant mothers the only one I did not agree with was KS at Animal Kingdom. I went on and had no problems.

When you need to take a rest take one and drink a TON of water. My OB said I needed to have a gallon a day. In the afternoon we would go back to the hotel swim and nap the swimming help take away some of the swelling.

I have seen plenty of pregnant women use the ECV's, but I felt like there are a ton of people who needed them and I was not one of them.

Start walking before your trip I got up to 3 miles a day before we left and it really helped!

I went 7 months pregnant. I avoided almost everything with a warning for expectant mothers the only one I did not agree with was KS at Animal Kingdom. I went on and had no problems.

When you need to take a rest take one and drink a TON of water. My OB said I needed to have a gallon a day. In the afternoon we would go back to the hotel swim and nap the swimming help take away some of the swelling.

I have seen plenty of pregnant women use the ECV's, but I felt like there are a ton of people who needed them and I was not one of them.

Start walking before your trip I got up to 3 miles a day before we left and it really helped!

I went when I was 4 months. Yup I went on KS too! My OB said the same thing about the water also. Just take it easy and you should be fine.

I went to DL when I was 5 months. I rode BTMRR with no trouble. I did Soarin' too. If I had been in WDW, I would have done the Safari- no worse than a bumpy car ride on a country dirt road.

I'll be just over 6 months when we go and I plan on seeing how my back feels before attempting KS, but I wouldn't miss Soarin! I have a 2 year old, so I figure everything he can ride (with the exception of Goofy's roller coaster) I can ride. And I've already set aside some extra money just in case I need a wheelchair. I have a rotated pelvis that flares something fierce during pregnancy. However, I think being pregnant this trip will help me slow down and discover some things in the parks I didn't do before - and get a little quiet time while the rest of the family is flying around!

I've been at 6 weeks and 14 weeks (last 2 trips, so I'm very much looking forward to a non-pregnant trip!) and sat out a lot. I did do EE on the 14 week trip but that was my personal thing, I know a lot of people wouldn't. I had no qualms about the safari. The main thing was the overwhelming exhaustion. Be prepared to nap!
Funny enough, but my morning (well, really afternoon) sickness went away with the 6 week trip but I did wind up getting a nasty cold.

i'm going and will be 24 weeks with twins!!

I'm going to take things slow and we have a 9 hour flight from the uk which i think will be worse than disney

I'm looking into an ecv for the duration as I'm meant to be the size of a 40 week pregnant person by 28 weeks so i will be huge!

I went 2 years ago when I was about 9-10 weeks pregnant. I agree with the other posters make sure you drink a ton of water. Also, make sure you are up for all that walking.

We almost went back this summer (and I would have been 6 months along at the time). I'm glad now we postponed since I think the walking would have been too much for me. Never mind, I would have been chasing after 3 small kids too. :) So we are planning on going next spring, after the baby is here.

But I kind of missed riding all the rides last time so I wanted to be able to ride them with my kids this time.:banana:

Good Luck with your decision.

I went at 6 months with DH, BIL, SIL, & SIL's mom. It worked out great because SIL's mom is not a big thrill ride person, so I had someone to sit out with me. I did get a little pouty about halfway through the trip that I had to sit out on some of my favorites, but I got over it pretty quick! Just take your time and you'll be fine. I noticed the second day in that the muscles around that big ol' ball were cramping when I walked. DH wanted to get me a wheelchair really bad, but I wouldn't have it. I told him they would just have to walk slower, and after that I was fine, no more pain!

I was twice while pregnant, with unremitting morning, noon, and night sickness. If you need out of the heat and to rest, First Aid will give you a bed, a blankie, and turn out the florescent light and let you rest as long as you want. Best attraction in the world!

On the one day I was feeling okay I road BTMRR with no ill effects, but talk to your OB.

I went at 5 months pregnant. It was great! We were on the dining plan and I was ready to eat, since the first three or four months were so icky!:banana:

I talked with my doctor before hand and she gave me specific instructions, so there was very little I could not ride. She also gave me a copy of my health records, just in case I had any issues.

I look back at those pictures with fond memories. I was a happy prego!

i'm going and will be 24 weeks with twins!!

I'm going to take things slow and we have a 9 hour flight from the uk which i think will be worse than disney

I'm looking into an ecv for the duration as I'm meant to be the size of a 40 week pregnant person by 28 weeks so i will be huge!

HOLY COW :worship::worship::worship::worship:
Hands down ot you. I will be 28 weeks along in September and i thought that would be bad But MAN a 9 hour flight and twins. Hands down ot you girl :worship::worship::worship:

If you can do it we all can do it.

thanks, i cant wait!!!

We thought we would have to cancel as I was in hospitl 4 weeks ago with severe morning sickness but all good now and so looking forward to our 1st wedding anniversary in disney with our twins!! Next yer will be worse, we are taking them at 8/9 months old!!!

I've been to WDW while about 12 weeks, 5 months, & 7 months. Later in the pregnancy I didn't go on any of the "Mountain" rides or anything with a warning (although I will admit that I went on the Safari). Grab a map, make a mental note about where all of the restrooms are, stay hydrated and listen to your body. I am assuming that you'll be going when the weather is a bit cooler so that will help in keeping any sort of swelling down. Going while pregnant forced me and my DH to slow down and really enjoy all of the small details that we had been rushing past for years.

Enjoy!

I went at 7 weeks pregnant. My OB just reminded me to walk once an hour ont he plane and drink a ton at the parks. I'm not a huge ride person but i did soarin, KS, POTC and a few other smaller rides with no problems. I suggest the Passporter WDW with special needs book. There is a whole section for disney while pregnant and it was very helpful to me! Oh one other thing... no hot tubs at the hotel... total bummer!

We took our daughter and SIL last May and she was 6 months pregnant. Use your judgement. She drank ALOT of water and we made ADRs in the afternoon so she could sit for awhile in the air conditioning, rest and eat. Went back to the resort during the day for a swim and laying by the pool. Ride wise, she stayed away from any of the coasters, Mission Space, Dinosaur, etc. She did keep going until around 10-11 at night. It all payed off - she had her new mouseketeer on September 13th and now we have to learn to stay away from the Disney store! He loves Mickey!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter