• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pregnant at Universal, Worth it?

PennyLane1084

My Pronouns are: They/Them/Theirs
Is there enough to see/do at Universal Studios, to make the ticket price worth it if I was going to go to the park while pregnant?

While I'm not exactly pregnant yet, my DH and I want to go down to visit my FIL in Central Florida to give him the news in person when I eventually am preggers. I was thinking that since we don't get down there often enough, we could take a day to check out Diagon Alley while we're there. This is just an idea but I was wondering what your opinions were on the matter of touring the parks while pregnant. And of course, I would consult my doctor before even traveling.

I was about four months pregnant with my eldest son during one of our trips to Orlando, and to be honest with you, I sat around alot while my husband rode the rides. My doctor said I would be okay on certain rides, but I still didn't feel comfortable riding anything at the time.

If you are there mainly for Harry Potter, it doesn't really matter if you can't ride. You can go through the queues (which are more amazing than the rides!) and still do all the shops and restaurants and shows.

Of course only you can decide how to spend your money........and what you deem worth it.

But, there is so much more than rides today at Universal in both parks.

Have a look at the map of parks at www.universalorlando.com

There are shows and plenty of rest areas in both parks. You would be pregnant not ill, so touring the parks will be no different to walking anywhere........:thumbsup2

Rides like ET would be perfect for you.......very gentle and smooth. Despicable Me and Shrek both have stationary seating so you could enjoy those without worrying. You can also go through all the queues which some are wonderful to see in themselves.

I was about four months pregnant with my eldest son during one of our trips to Orlando, and to be honest with you, I sat around alot while my husband rode the rides. My doctor said I would be okay on certain rides, but I still didn't feel comfortable riding anything at the time.

I don't plan on riding any of the rides either, maybe ET like @schumigirl had mentioned.

I haven't been to Universal since 1999, it will probably be like an entirely different park now.

Since you would be down there already and your main goal is to check out Diagon Alley, YES! I wouldn't feel comfortable doing most of the rides pregnant but there is more than rides. I'd just make sure to plan another visit sometime when not pregnant too!

suggest you go now since you are not pregnant.

enjoy the parks and have fun

after you are pregnant, make the trip to see the fil and you will know what rides you can or can not do since you had a previous experience at the darkside.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter