Pregnant and Hungry - Where for Dinner during MNSSHP??

alicehatter

Living in Wonderland, Married to the Mad Hatter, w
I'll be about 30 weeks pregnant when we get to Disney for our Baby Moon! Super excited about this, especially as it's Food and Wine AND Mickey's Not So Scary!

The question is, where to eat dinner during the Halloween festivities? As a side note, I'm gluten free (actually grain free, as well). Do I attempt to eat counter service that evening? Make early ADRs somewhere around the park?

HELP!

My husband and I just got back last weekend from our trip. We went to the first night of MNSSHP on the 11th. When we first got there we were starving and the first place to eat when you walk in is Tony's. We had eaten there before, but didn't care for it, but we were so hungry (had been at Blizzard Beach all day) we just threw caution to the wind. We didn't have an ADR, but only waited about 20 minutes. We ordered the strip steak, cooked perfectly,to share which came with asparagus (cooked perfectly) and potatoes that were quite tasty. It was a perfect amount of food for both of us. The rolls they serve (which you probably couldn't eat) were even great. Just an idea. :) Always mention to them you are gluten free, if they can accommodate they certainly will.

We went 2 years ago to MNNSHP. We ate at about 2 pm at Whispering Canyon Cafe and then took the boat to MK at about 3:45. Just in time for entrance at 4 pm. We ate enough that we only needed a light snack from a cart for "dinner". It worked out really great for us and it's much easier to get a reservation at 2 or 2:30. This would work for any of the resort restaurants that are near MK - Chef Mickey's, Ohana, Kona Cafe, etc. Whispering Canyon had an all you can eat family style meal that you could choose and I remember that it had a lot of meat. I am familiar with a gluten free diet but no so familiar that I can tell you which restaurant would be most appropriate for that. Good luck with your planning and your new little one!

Thanks so much! These are both great suggestions - so you don't think I would need ADRs for either of those? One thought - with Food and Wine in Epcot, maybe I could eat some apps earlier in the day (it's actually our Epcot day that day!) Too bad you can't get them To Go!

alicehatter said:
Thanks so much! These are both great suggestions - so you don't think I would need ADRs for either of those? One thought - with Food and Wine in Epcot, maybe I could eat some apps earlier in the day (it's actually our Epcot day that day!) Too bad you can't get them To Go!

There is always ziploc bags in your purse! :-)

You can try and walk up, but it's hit or miss whether you will get in. I have been trying to get a 5ish ADR for anything around or in the MK for our MNSSHP for the last 3 months with no luck. I would say it might be difficult to walk up. I would try for an ADR for where you want to eat. Or just be prepared to eat CS if you can't get in. Personally, I don't like trying to walk up, especially at resort restaurants (unless I'm staying there), because of the travel time spent and the possiblilty of not eating there.

You can try and walk up, but it's hit or miss whether you will get in. I have been trying to get a 5ish ADR for anything around or in the MK for our MNSSHP for the last 3 months with no luck. I would say it might be difficult to walk up. I would try for an ADR for where you want to eat. Or just be prepared to eat CS if you can't get in. Personally, I don't like trying to walk up, especially at resort restaurants (unless I'm staying there), because of the travel time spent and the possiblilty of not eating there.

I'm with you! We ALWAYS make our reservations right at the 180 day mark. I can't stand the not knowing...or the thought that I might not be able to get into the restaurant I had my heart (and plans) set on!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter