Pregnancy as Disney memory? lol

Cindymere

Mouseketeer
I'm just wondering if anyone knows anyone who got pregnant on their Disney trip..I was thinking of the commercial and thought this probably happens more than we know!

That's me!!! We had been trying for a few months and joked that it would be hysterical if we finally got pregnant at WDW. Sure enough it happened!! We always joke with people that we now understand why they call it the happiest place on earth!!!

Well it wasn't actually a "Disney Trip" but we did go to the Magic Kingdom while on vacation in Florida and that is the week my oldest DD was conceived. (she'll be 16 on Monday)

YES YES YES!!! We have our disney souviner, too! He is 7 months old now. His first "official" trip there will be in August next year. Our souviner was a surprise, too- we weren't trying!!

We have alittle Disney memory. After we lost our first baby at 28 weeks pregnant, and a year later of trying to get pregnant again, our trip to Disney did the trick.

Our little one is now 5 1/2, he's been to Disney 4 times and we are returning next summer.

My husband and I both laugh every time we see that commercial.

I Love that commercial! Here's hoping for a souvenir of our own!

I have 2! In both cases I had gotten pregnant right before the trip, then figured it out on the trip!

:wave2: I have recently brought home a souvenir that is expected to make his/her appearance in June. I am already planning baby's first trip in December 2004. When I told my family ( my brother and Mom always travel with us ) the first thing they mentioned was the commercial. If thats not bad enough my son (4) wants to name the baby Mickey :eek:

We are also expecting in June (though not a souvenir--dh didn't go on the last trip!) We are also planning this baby's first Disney trip for December 2004! I have to admit I'm a little nervous about taking one that small to the world. We didn't take ds until he was 2.5! Can't wait to see how the next trip goes!:D

I have a Disney souvenir!! DS was conceived on our 1st trip ever to Disney. We had been trying & trying - with no luck. We took that trip to pick up our spirits! The weird thing for us is that it really wasn't the "right" time in my cycle to get pregnant! That posed a tiny problem initially with trying to figure out how far along I was!! There was a bit of confusion at the 1st ultarsound!

It didn't hit us until our 2nd ultrasound that we conceived in Dinsey.

We've been back twice since that memorable visit :teeth:

We are now preggo with #2 and plan on going back as soon as possible!:bounce:

Count us in, we have a souviner! Our daughter was conceived on Feb 14th...our valentines day trip to the world. Her 1st birthday is tommorow, the 18th. Short story...we went to The Hall of Presidents that morning and met this really nice older cm who was working out front. Her name was Athena. We sat and talked to her for about an hour and she told us about her life...very sweet lady. We couldn't decide where to eat for Valentines day and didn't make any PS's in advance. Her granddaughter was the manager on duty at California Grill and she called her at the restuarant and got us a PS for V-day. We were very grateful to say the least. Anyway, we conceived that night and had our beautiful souviner 9 months later. And we named her Athena.

We are looking forward to this trip to see CM Athena again and have her meet our Athena.

I forgot about this. We weren't staying on site; but we honeymooned in Orlando. We got pregnant right away on our Disney Honeymoon Vacation; unfortunately I miscarried at 11 weeks. So, in some ways I did have a little Disney pregnancy memory. Just not as happy as we would have liked.

My DD3 was not a Disney souvenier, but we found out that my wife was pregant while at WDW for our Milenium New Years Trip.

We had been trying, and we thought we had no luck. My wife thought she had come down with a stomach flu (feeling tired and vomiting) on 12.31.99. She went to the Emergency Care near Downtown Disney where they informed us that this was no stomach flu, just a simple case of pregnancy. DD7, then 3 1/2 still thinks this story is hysterical.

It all made for an exciting and memorable New Years Eve 1999.

Disney trip-first week of December 2000, Our son was born the first week of September 2001, you do the math. ;)
It took a year to get pregnant the first time, then I miscarried at 10 weeks, then 3 months after that I finally got pregnant with our daughter.
Our son was conceived with the oops forget protection on vacation, oh well, I'm sure I won't get pregnant from this one time, look how long it took last time. LOL
We were going to start trying after that Christmas anyway, so it actually worked out perfectly, we wanted our kids to be 2 years apart and they are just over 22 months apart.

We had been trying for about 4 months, so I took a pregnancy test with me to WDW when we went in Oct. It was negative, so we kept trying. I didn't actually get pregnant until Jan, but was joking that maybe I should deliver on WDW property, to make the baby a "Disney World-ian". At least if she couldn't be conceived there, she would be a citizen. Then DH would have to let us visit at least once a year!!

So I'm going to resurrect this thread. DH and I are going to start trying for a baby on my next cycle and we're supposed to arrive at WDW April 27. If we WERE to conceive on the first shot, I would find out on our last day of the trip (at the earliest). Do I need to stay away from the thrill rides since we're trying to conceive?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter