Pregnancy and WDW

starryskies

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!

DH and I just found out that we are expecting baby #1 on 1.1.10. Yay! :goodvibes

We previously planned a trip for June 12-22 and we've already set up our ADRs and paid the whole thing off! :cool1:

Being that this is my first pregnancy, I'm not quite sure what to expect. I will be approximately 10 weeks along, and we are driving about 18 hours to get there. I am still trying to do some research to find out if I should avoid certain rides, or if there is anything I'll need to worry about.

Obviously, everyone is different, but if anyone has any personal anecdotes or advice, I'd love to hear it! Thanks!

Don't ride the rides that specify no pregnant women...but other than that...you should be fine :thumbsup2
The only bad part...you might be at the height of morning sickness... be prepared with saltines and know the distance between trashcans :scared:

I agree with the pp, and would add that you probably want to plan a lot more rest time into your trip; you tend to get more tired in the first trimester. Also, let your Dr. know, and get the name of some one He/She would recommend if you had any issues while on vacation. Third, you're more prone to blood clots while pregnant, so take more frequent breaks to stretch your legs and do ankle rotation and keep hydrated during the long drive. And don't cross your legs for the car ride. Finally, have a great time! This is going to be a special, last trip with just the 2 of you for a long while. Enjoy it, stop to smell the roses, and don't forget to budget for some cute baby stuff!

Congrats!!!
I agree w/ what the pp have said - also drink lots of water! WDW will be HOT in June, and I really had trouble w/ the heat when pg (I actually fainted once at WDW when I was about 15 wks pg). I hope you are not plagued too bad by morning sickness...I sure wasn't up to hoofing it around WDW at 10 wks...
If there is any way you could postpone your trip by a month or so, you would probably feel a lot better!

Congratulations!!!

I was about 9 weeks along on our last trip. Besides the morning sickness, I had no problems. I even went at the same time of year (June).

Good Luck!

I've been twice durng pregnancies, and didn't have any problems. Rides are clearly marked when pregnant women should not ride. Don't be afraid to slow down and rest. Drink lots of water. Have fun! Next time you'll have a little one to share the magic with you! :lovestruc

Congrats. Wanted to chime in here with some info...you said you were driving 18 hrs.Be sure to stop and make sure you move around often, flex your feet rotate ankles, move legs. DVT(blood clots) can be an increased problem with pregnancy due to the extra blood volume and moreso on long car/plane rides.Blood clots in the legs are bad enough and lifethreatening, not something you want to deal with anytime and especially in pregnancy

Congrats!!!! I did WDW when I was pregnant last year, and had a great time!

Obviously, avoid the thrill rides, bumpy rides (like Safari), etc. Drink lots of water, and enjoy the pool! I was in the pool twice a day! We also when to Typhoon Lagoon, and I spent the day in the Lazy River!! Bring (or buy when you get there) a misting fan too! DH carried it and sprayed me as I walked to keep me cool!

Have a wonderful trip!!!

First, congrats!! :cool1:

I've travelled with both my DDs when I was about 5 months along (not to WDW, but once to Florida, and once to Italy). Just go at your own pace, stay hydrated, and enjoy. Like a PP said, be careful if you are sitting for an extended period of time, like driving in a car. It can be uncomfotable and you'll need to move your legs around. Just make frequent stops (you might need to for the bathroom anyways!) and you should be ok.

Enjoy! Your next trip to WDW will be with a little one :goodvibes Enjoy some grown up activites and dinners that you might not do with a small child.

I really enjoyed disney while pregnant (I was 6 months) I liked getting the exercise and really soaking up the magic while waiting for my family to get off the rides. I also enjoyed eating whatever and soaking in the pool at night. It felt soooo good on my feet. Go and have a good time.

I did WDW ~6 months pregnant with DS (2 1/2) and am giong back to do it again in August, when I will be nearly 8 months along. The magic of Disney will keep you going! Just take your time, know your limits, relax & enjoy yourselves! And think about your next trip when you have a little one to enjoy it with! Just check with your doctor before you go.

Seriously, I'd be more concerned with the 18hr drive. As pp have said, stop & stretch your legs every few hours.

Congrats and enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter