Preferred Room at CBR?

jamieluvsdisney

jamieluvsdisney
I am thinking about booking a preferred room at Carribean Beach Resort and am wondering what building to request and if the extra money is really worth it? Any information would be appreciated.

All of the preferred locations are great. You can't go wrong with any of them.

I can't say if the extra $$ for preferred is worth it to you. But I can say our family does not think they are worth the extra $$. Unless you book a Pirate Themed Room, the longest walk you will have to OPR and the Main Feature Pool is about 8 minutes at a leisurely pace. But 85% of the Standard rooms are under 6 minutes. The grounds are so beautiful that we enjoy taking the long way around the lake sometimes.

The preferred room buildings are right on each side of OPR so the location is great. That said we stayed in Jamaica across the bridge in a standard room and thought it was a fabulous location. I don't think it's necessary to book preferred, so for our family it wouldn't be worth the extra.

In my opinion, if you have the money and it does not strap your budget I would do preferred. The resort being so big the walk while scenic can be extremely long. Especially after a long day at the parks. All of the preferred buildings are in a good location. While I am not a fan of CBR i would not stay there without preferred. I much prefer POFQ for a moderate.

we stayed in Jamaica area. Had no problem with the walk. I never pay for preferred rooms or views.

Disney tends to over sell the basic rooms and you can always have a shot at getting a better room category then you booked. Dont count on it, but it can happen more then you think.

We have mostly stayed in standard rooms at CBR, and have not found the walk to OPR to be a problem. All of those stays were in the Jamaica and Aruba buildings closest to the bridge. However, if anyone in your party has mobility concerns, if youll be spending a lot of time at the resort, or if you think your kids will be spending a lot of time every day in the main pool area, an upgrade to preferred may be worthwhile.

We had a great stay in Martinique 25. We had a room facing the lagoon at Port Royale. It was literally a 30 sec walk to the food court and 2 mins to the pool. We enjoyed it so much I think I'd be extremely disappointed if we ever stay there again and didn't get one of the rooms on that side of the building.

I stayed there last May, in one of the Aruba rooms furthest from the bridge. I found the walk to be rather long. I'm a generally in-shape person and typically don't mind walks, but I was pregnant at the time and after walking around the parks all day, it felt like it took forever to get to the main building. You may want to evaluate your travel party...does anyone have health concerns that would make walking the extra distance uncomfortable? If so, you may want to consider the preferred room.

I would never stay at CBR again unless I booked a preferred room. So many people say the walk isn't that bad, but I found it to be a giant pain to have to hike to the food court if I wanted something. If I filled my mug by the time I made it back to my room it would be empty. I walk all day long at work, and I don't want to have to hike while on vacation just to get a pop or to buy something at my resort's gift shop. Oh, and my room was in Jamaica, which many will tell you is very close to the main buildings, at least for a non preferred room. I wouldn't want to stay in that section again. To me, it is preferred at CBR or I'm picking another resort.

So yes, pay for the preferred room location. It is well worth the cost.

I would never stay at CBR again unless I booked a preferred room. So many people say the walk isn't that bad, but I found it to be a giant pain to have to hike to the food court if I wanted something. If I filled my mug by the time I made it back to my room it would be empty. I walk all day long at work, and I don't want to have to hike while on vacation just to get a pop or to buy something at my resort's gift shop. Oh, and my room was in Jamaica, which many will tell you is very close to the main buildings, at least for a non preferred room. I wouldn't want to stay in that section again. To me, it is preferred at CBR or I'm picking another resort.

So yes, pay for the preferred room location. It is well worth the cost.

Completely agree! Have done standard twice, ended up = driving my car to parks and eat before I come back to resort. CBR was the first "moderate" built and they learned from their mistakes, one being layout. It is more spread out than all the other moderates. Even if you remove the Pirate rooms it is still bigger than POR. Are there standard rooms that are a good location? Yes. But you are not guaranteed to get one of those. I'm not taking chances there if I were going to stay and use the main pool and food court, then I would book preferred to get the location I want. If it's just a place to sleep and shower, it really wouldn't matter to me since I have a car.

Note: I do not book preferred anywhere else.

This will give you an idea of footprints.

78176b01-74d4-45bf-9b7e-bfb21dcb31ee.jpg

Last edited:
For us the preferred location at CBR or Business Class location at CSR is worth it everytime. But it does depend on how you plan on spending your time there.

We go to WDW for a full 2 weeks. We spend a lot of time enjoying the resort. This also means we eat and drink a lot more at the resort than most people. Not only would we actually eat at the resort at least 1/2 dozen times during our trip, but there would be numerous trips to the food court to refill mugs, buy drinks, and get snacks. Over the course of the 14 days having a preferred room location makes the trip immensely more enjoyable.

If your trip is only 4-5 days and you will be in the parks the whole time it probably doesn't matter as much, but for us we might walk to the food court 50 times during our trip. So it's much nicer having it 2 mins from our room. CBR is a beautiful resort and the walks are enjoyable, but having a 5-8 min walk 4 times a day for 14 days to refill mugs would get old after awhile.

So for us the few extra bucks a night are well worth it!!

We reserved standard view at CBR and requested Martinique. We were fairly close to Old Port Royale and had a nice garden view. We were really close to the Martinique pool that we used a lot. We were in Bldg 23, close to parking and the bus stop. Second floor room, about the middle of the walkway. We were pleased with our room.

If you can walk fine, then no problem. The walk is enjoyable. Sure if its real hot or your tired it may not be your cup of tea, but if your in good shape you'll enjoy the walk more times than not. That's just us, you all may have different feelings. However, I just wanted to point out that many many many people request the
closest over the bridge Jamaica and Aruba so you may not get that. You may want to ask for a more general "Close to OPR" if you don't get the preferred. That way the scheduler knows what is most important to you. We were in Barbados once and some of those are right there , just after the preferred. (Of course they gave us the farthest away, as they also gave us the farthest Aruba once, both times I had requested the close Jamaica and Arubas, and reminded them on check in, could they please look and they said they were unavailable. However, we had no problem with the walk.

we almost always book preferred, if available, at ASMu, CBR and CSR.

I believe that it is worth it to many people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter