Preferred room at Caribbean Beach Resort

Shelly888

DIS Veteran
Which would be more important to request if I request anything. I booked online and there wasn't a place to put one in.

A first floor room or a specific building? I think there are 4 preferred buildings making up 2 villages(is that right?) I am guessing if I ask for a first floor room in XYZ building that may be asking for too much.

Which would be more important to request if I request anything. I booked online and there wasn't a place to put one in.

A first floor room or a specific building? I think there are 4 preferred buildings making up 2 villages(is that right?) I am guessing if I ask for a first floor room in XYZ building that may be asking for too much.

That is exactly what I did. I asked for 1st floor in the Dalmation building at AsMo. Of course, no request is guaranteed but it is noted. My DS2 is petrified of elevators. The thought of carrying him along with his stroller up stairs after a long day of the park just does not appeal to me. I also threw in some bed rails in the request.

Yeah, our first stay was in Pop, which we loved but the end of the day with the stroller not so much! I think I will request first floor ...then building as I have heard if there are multiple requests generally the first is granted and the second if able. Thanks!

we requested a first floor room in aruba last year and got it. it does not hurt to ask for what you want since you may just get it. since there is no guarantee you might as well shoot for the stars

I thought a preferred room is a room that you pay a bit extra for? Like a section that is closer to the food court, and you pay that extra bit of money for it.

A request is just that, a request. Doesn't guarantee anything and doesn't cost any extra.

I booked a preferred room at CBR for October, and I think the cost was just a little more. Maybe I'm confused.

You'll need to call in your request. I've been told that simple requests are easier to fulfil than more complex ones and are less likely to be ignored. I think that your request is not too difficult.

I thought a preferred room is a room that you pay a bit extra for? Like a section that is closer to the food court, and you pay that extra bit of money for it.

A request is just that, a request. Doesn't guarantee anything and doesn't cost any extra.

I booked a preferred room at CBR for October, and I think the cost was just a little more. Maybe I'm confused.

You are correct. The preferred buildings are rooms that cost extra. They are supposed to have easy access to the resort amenities. I don't know the specific rules as to what constitutes easy access but if being close to the resorts amenitites is important to you, I'd pay the extra. One can place a request AND purchase a preferred room. My only warning would be to make sure that your requested building lies within the preferred room boundary otherwise you may pay for something that you won't get if your request is granted.

I don't even see where I can put a request for a building. All I can request is for ground floor or near trans. Help! Where do you see this :confused3 .

We did book preferred, which was 25 a night more(or close to it). I had heard that 2 of the preffies were better than the other two, but are all close which is why I said maybe not even bother.

I know a request is just that which is why we are paying to be close, figured it wouldn't hurt to ask for ground floor.

You'll need to call in your request. I've been told that simple requests are easier to fulfil than more complex ones and are less likely to be ignored. I think that your request is not too difficult.

You are correct. The preferred buildings are rooms that cost extra. They are supposed to have easy access to the resort amenities. I don't know the specific rules as to what constitutes easy access but if being close to the resorts amenitites is important to you, I'd pay the extra. One can place a request AND purchase a preferred room. My only warning would be to make sure that your requested building lies within the preferred room boundary otherwise you may pay for something that you won't get if your request is granted.

When do I call? Should I call now, or wait until a few days before leaving? Thanks.

I am probably going to be staying at CBR next year, and I am going to request any ground floor room available. I hope I get it. I got a ground floor room at POR last year and just loooovvveeddd it. But I had to ask for it when we checked in.

Just got back tonight from CBR was there from 8/29 - 9/2. I requested a room close to the food court when I did the online check in. I called the hotel last Thursday just ato confirm everything and I memtioned that I was definately looking for a room close to the food court as I have a bad foot and would like to reduce my walking around the resort as much as possible. The woman at the front desk on the phone explained that they try to accomdate all requests for certain rooms but there is always a chance that the room assigned to you could be given to another guest before you check in. However because I was making a medical request my room would be tagged and held for me with no chance of it being givean away. I was geven a room in building 45 Aruba. The bus stop was just a few sreps in front of the building and the bridge to OPR was right behind the building, so walking was definately kept to a minimum for a resort of that size. So I would definately recommend just calling the hotel direct to go over your revervation. It worked out great for me.

I asked for ground level and either in Martinique or Trinadad North...plus, connecting rooms. I hope for my sake we have ground level as I don't want to carry a stroller up and stairs...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter