Preferred king room @ POR- AB or Mansions section?

MissKristinaLianne

... I wish I was in WDW> RIGHT NOWWW!
Hello everyone! I had an issue with an upcoming reservation and was given a slight upgrade to a preferred room location & view with a king bed. I put in the the requests for the Mansions section as thats where I've normally stayed in the past (like the decor better).

I noticed that some of the bldgs will be doing a refurb during the time when I'm there (July 29-Aug4). After speaking to a CM they said it was "business as usual during refurb". Normally resorts (and Disney) are pretty good in keeping the disturbance to a minimum.

Now I know AB rooms were updated more recently... do you think (upon check in) I should try to get in the AB section or stick with the mansions? I don't believe I've ever stayed in a preferred room so I'm unsure. Btw we're a couple without children so I'm not concerned about location (like to walk!)

Thank You!

http://www.portorleans.org/rehab.php#110611 Here's the construction sched. so far.
We prefer the mansion section too. So I'd request that. Maybe try for Acadian House, they may be finished with the refirb there by your arrival, and you can get a new room! But it is just a request, no guarantee.

http://www.portorleans.org/rehab.php#110611 Here's the construction sched. so far.
We prefer the mansion section too. So I'd request that. Maybe try for Acadian House, they may be finished with the refirb there by your arrival, and you can get a new room! But it is just a request, no guarantee.

Thanks fellow Canadian! (I'm from Toronto myself)
...oh wow didn't think it would be ready by that time!

Thanks for the advice!

Good to remember it is a request. Many other people will be asking for a refurbed room as well. And since an entire building will be closed at a time, there will be less availability for everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter